v Fev

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

A mamouth effort yesterday from the lads and sad for them to come away with nothing. Personally I think we invested too much effort in the first half and looked tired in the second even with the advantage of playing down the slope.
Good debutes from Warrilow and Peet, Daz Hawkyard in the centres and Browny was awesome again.

Should have had a bonus point but a lot of good points to take away.

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#2 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

Yes a good effort by swinton, at least deserved a bonus point. I also took £100 off the bookies taking the swinton with a 32 start which was a bonus !!!

#3 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

A good effort by Swinton in first half against a very disjointed Fev side it must be said; A shocking turn out by the visiting fans after their victory against Barrow..Must have been about 7 fans who shouted throughout; Your team needs more encouragement than that;

#4 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

I hope our fans turned on the board after this defeat!
Wild n Marshall out out out!

Oh sorry Phil our fans don't do histrionics!

A bout of the gastrointestinal has hit the Richardson household meaning trips further than five feet from the porcelain are impossible or else myself and Richardson senior would have made it nine!

#5 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

If an when we return to Swinton we shall see the true extent of support for the Lions.  Id love to see the Fev levels of support if the team they loved were forced to play far outside the boundaries of Featherstone for 20+ years.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#6 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

I feel a song coming on, "no ground, no fans. No ground no fans....."

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

So if there were seven of us i had four in my car !!!

Think some of the Rovers fans need to get behind their side and thier coach.  Proves they can play when they want too !

#8 Westernmancunia

Westernmancunia
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

I was following on the BBC website and the score was stuck on 16-6 or 16-4 to the Lions up to the last 15 minutes or so. The next minute its 16-10 and then 22-36 and its all gone pete tong. The expletive is still ringing round the house. I dared to think another famous win against Featherstone Rovers was going to happen.

Edited by Westernmancunia, 31 March 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#9 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

A good effort by Swinton in first half against a very disjointed Fev side it must be said; A shocking turn out by the visiting fans after their victory against Barrow..Must have been about 7 fans who shouted throughout; Your team needs more encouragement than that;

The place was hardly packed out by home fans!

#10 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

with all due respect the visit of swinton is hardly a crowd puller especially based on previous results. im not going to engage in an argument with a swinton fan about filling stadiums....sorry

#11 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

And the prospect of going to featherstone for Swinton fans is hardly attractive either. Last time I went and we shipped 80 + points we were ridiculed by fans. I just did not fancy going back again this season.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#12 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

I don't care who we are playing personally. If I can get there I go. It's what I've done since the early eighties to away games and since the early seventies when my PE teacher Don Preston (rip) used to slip me a ticket for home games.
I've made a few family enemies over the years!

#13 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Just to let you know Phil I was there yesterday as I was on Saturday 4th May 1963 when we actually beat you, so quite a number of us Swinton fans are still showing our passion for our team - definitely not as many as there should be but the ones that are, are showing more dedication than most other teams considering what we've been through.

Just to add, that having visited 'Post Office Road' ,as I know it,over the past 50 years, what a pleasure it is to go to a traditional rugby ground in the heart of the town and being developed in such a sensible way .

#14 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Just to let you know Phil I was there yesterday as I was on Saturday 4th May 1963 when we actually beat you, so quite a number of us Swinton fans are still showing our passion for our team - definitely not as many as there should be but the ones that are, are showing more dedication than most other teams considering what we've been through.

Just to add, that having visited 'Post Office Road' ,as I know it,over the past 50 years, what a pleasure it is to go to a traditional rugby ground in the heart of the town and being developed in such a sensible way .

And well done for getting there and sounding positive all throughout the game; Fev have had an up and down history and while we've raised a few eyebrows especially in the cup during that time we have also had bleak times; I began watching Fev in 1963 when Swinton were at their peak and am sorry if my observations sounded like I was having a dig; I wish Swinton all the best for the future and I really do hope you get your own ground in your own area soon; Good luck and I truly hope you enjoy loads of success in the future; So can you let us win at your place this time; And Riggy we do have a set of moaners at our club that need to get behind the BOD; But the majority of us do feel humbled at the hard work and dedication that is put into our club;  Good Luck;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users