Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

So PV's had a few games to see the personnel.......

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#261 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hunslet in again, 27-10, embarrassing. Not just beaten but completely outplayed.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#262 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

Absolutely shocking performance from the sound of it.

#263 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

I wouldn't worry much about this most of your better players where missing

#264 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

By the sounds on it the only piece of quality was Brett carter who has been shunted out to the wing. Him and Callum are the only 2 we have who can create something out of nothing and he has to be in the middle of the field, either at stand off or full back.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#265 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

I wouldn't worry much about this most of your better players where missing

we wouldn't worry if it was a one off mate, but this season it's the norm apart from odd spells we have.

#266 Sticklebricks

Sticklebricks
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the updates lads.( I think) ?

#267 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Has a totally disillusioned supporter of Town and Reds for fifty years plus its about time both teams packed in, to be honest I cant see any future for either team. All that time and money wasted over the years certainly makes you think enough is enough.

#268 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

I think the decision will be made for us come the end of the season following the 'review'

#269 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Wigan away would have been our reward for victory today.

#270 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Wigan away would have been our reward for victory today.

We are good at missing out on good pay days, aren't we?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#271 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

We are good at missing out on good pay days, aren't we?

We probably wouldn't have been able to put a team out to play them !

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#272 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Recently watched sky rugby league prog super league super stars with Salford supremo Mr Koukash, whereby he went into the dressing room early last season after a defeat and was astonished to find the indifference of both the coach and players and the joviality - he new after that changes were required and the rest was history. Tend to think the coach, not named on the programme was our new coach.

#273 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Most demoralising thing which sums things up is phrases like ' a break by March ... March calling the shots and scoring ' . A guy who's about 40 making breaks against us . I struggle to see us beating anyone to be honest in our league the way it's going . Who is a winnable game in our fixtures the way we're going ? We've had our less difficult fixture period and that was to much for us !! I hope I'm wrong , I hate to make a definitive call on a season before Easter ,but nothing's going right for us . The player situation is already critical . What's the attitude situation like ? The players need to look at themselves and recognise it's in their hands - not the coach . That team today should not be losing so comfortably to a team below us , whoever is out . We can go 2 ways from here ... Hope we see the right reaction starting next week . Maybe we need a top side to get us up and motivated , dunno . Grasping a bit there .

Edited by DavidM, 06 April 2014 - 06:13 PM.

#274 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 852 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

I'm as -issed off as anyone, but look how fortunes have changed in a matter of weeks at the Rec, they were beat by York, second bottom of the league, coach not traveling with them, players apparently wanting away, to many players not pulling there weight, then they beat Barrow by a mile, bring in a big signing and all things are rosy, there coach is top notch, attendances will increase and relegation is a long and distant memory, if they can do it why cant we !!!!  

#275 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

beating the Raiders doesn't mean they will do any better than they were ...... we were shocking

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#276 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 852 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

beating the Raiders doesn't mean they will do any better than they were ...... we were shocking

No way morty, they were outstanding they said, not one player had a bad day, they have finally clicked and the good times are here. 

#277 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

If you take the old top 5 , who have the numbers , quality , know how and experience over the long haul to make the grade in the end , that leaves four spots . Dewsbury , Donny and Keighley look much improved and good for three of them at present . That's just a broad prediction , but a pretty realistic scenario as we stand . That leaves a hell of a dogfight for one place . And one of the rest is Crusaders , the great unknown over a championship season but full of potential . So it's tough for all three of us . It's such an eye watering threshold , the standard of improvement and performance from here to seasons end is so demanding. And for us , the ground we've lost so far gives us very little margin for error , with testing games to come making that margin a tough one to adhere to . Broad brush I know but it paints a general picture of a hard job - yes , nothing's impossible , but we need a big boost from somewhere and to start picking up our game an awful lot , and consistently. Can we see improvement ahead is one thing .... Then , can we see it to the extent to gain the momentum to make the cut ? We'll see , but it's a hell of an oil tanker to turn around from here

Edited by DavidM, 06 April 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#278 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

Geordie can't of been at the game because all your fans we're
ok and he's obviously not

#279 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

I thought your second row Phillips had a decent 2nd half but you obviously lacked Stack and Mattinson and it showed.Think Carter is wasted on the wing, expected more from Lupton and Forber who rarely created anything in a dreadful 1st half for you.Improved after the break though and we were on the ropes for a few mins at 19-10, good luck for the rest of the season, always have a soft spot for Worky.

Posted Image

#280 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

Geordie can't of been at the game because all your fans we're
ok and he's obviously not

you can tell he wasn't there as he's never commented on the game. But he's towns number 1 fan you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users