TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

So PV's had a few games to see the personnel.......

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#281 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

Probably number 301 more like but never the less I am a SUPPORTER.

#282 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Better now to look forward than to look back. Thank goodness yesterday was the Cup rather than the League, I wonder if there is a third March brother who is available and needs a game!

#283 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Read the News and Star
WORKINGTON TOWN COACH IN HUNT FOR 'MIDFIELD GENERAL'

#284 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

There's an update on our injured players in the League Weekly this morning.

Stack and McAvoy are hoping to be fit to face Sheffield this week. (No mention of Olstrum)
Matty is about two weeks away from a return following an ankle injury.
Miller will be about another month with a back problem.
Callum is looking at 3 to 6 weeks after turning his ankle in training.

Meanwhile in the Dave "Nosey" Parker column in the same paper, he is saying that since Harris has gone to be Salford Head Coach, Vievers name has come to the fore for Wane's assistant job. He says the two worked together with Wigan's successful Under 20's taking them to 2 Grand Finals and insiders at Wigan say the fans would love to see them teamed up again.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#285 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Yes he knows immediately we need one .... But we've needed one since September ( at least ) .It's doubly difficult finding one at this stage . It suddenly hasn't become an issue now , it's been staring us in the face for 6 months . I wish this bloke well , he knows the score and has us sussed , and he's finding out what a big job it is . There aren't many experienced playmakers waiting to be picked up as they're so valued . Hope his contact book finds us something .

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#286 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Read the News and Star
WORKINGTON TOWN COACH IN HUNT FOR 'MIDFIELD GENERAL'

About bloody time I would say.

#287 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

It's hard to think which name halves are around and not playing or on the fringes of playing . Experienced means well known I guess - any suggestions ???

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#288 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

It's hard to think which name halves are around and not playing or on the fringes of playing . Experienced means well known I guess - any suggestions ???

I've heard an ex-Cas name mentioned but he lives in Yorkshire.

#289 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

I've heard that off a few folk too

#290 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

ive heard that but I'm pretty sure he flies back home to oz soon. And to be honest he was a way better full back than half back

Edited by wonky, 07 April 2014 - 01:47 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#291 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

Yes that's the word wonky . In , quote ' party mood ' and flying home

#292 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yes that's the word wonky . In , quote ' party mood ' and flying home

i honestly don't see him improving us anyhow. We need a kicking game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#293 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

According to the League Weekly he is looking for more than just a leader. His quote, "I need to add some numbers and am actively searching. We really need some competition in the backs. We need to find some more bodies but it's a tough market".

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#294 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

We have our coach making very valid points about an experienced midfield general ... But our DR link , we're we are getting our players from it seems , have two young lads to offer ??? So what do we do then ? Obviously Veivers is looking outside DR , as we're not getting Matty Smith . Interesting . Have we got the finances to bring someone in if we find them ?

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2014 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users