89 replies to this topic

#61 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Posted from the other day

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:02 AM
Your right unfortunately, the RFL thought it would dramatically increase participation to cator for the holidays, etc but it ain't happened, someone was right all sports are suffering but RL changed seasons to stop this and all I see is it is worse

11 posts
Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:14 AM
Its not just player retention/recruitment, people I speak to at conference level are always saying how the gates and bar takings are down. I have heard a few clubs want to switch back to winter rugby. especially in the hull area

#62 hull man

hull man
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Has it definately been confirmed that thay are folding or just rumours ?

#63 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Posted from the other day

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:02 AM
Your right unfortunately, the RFL thought it would dramatically increase participation to cator for the holidays, etc but it ain't happened, someone was right all sports are suffering but RL changed seasons to stop this and all I see is it is worse

11 posts
Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:14 AM
Its not just player retention/recruitment, people I speak to at conference level are always saying how the gates and bar takings are down. I have heard a few clubs want to switch back to winter rugby. especially in the hull area

bar takings don't concern dockers/easts as they don't have any bar s

#64 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

official east hull ncl folded. massive loss to the competition

#65 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Sad day

#66 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Very sad news to all concerned, gutted for Dave Chester and co, I hear the club does intend on continuing though which is positive

#67 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

http://www.hulldaily...tail/story.html

#68 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

http://www.hulldaily...tail/story.html

Just been on the link, it's not good news, feel for Dave Chester who has put a lot of hard work & hard earned cash into the club over the years, I know as a rival club we all want to out do / out play each other but not to see this happen.

#69 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

very sad news, really feel for Dave, Lee and Sarah Chester who have all put a hell of a lot into East Hull, and have pulled them out of trouble in the past when they were stitched up in the merge with Beverley,hopefully they can regroup and rebuild in the Hull and district comp.

#70 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Gutted for easts but this is what happens when you don't have youth sides

Will thatto get the 2 points now then??? And other teams who have to play them?

#71 hull man

hull man
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

I would have thought any games involving East Hull will become void, So anybody who has already beaten them may lose 2 points.

#72 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

That may be, feel for the two cumbrian sides that will have spend roughly a grand each on a bus to Hull to have 2 hard earned points taken from them,

perhaps the league could look to give them some recompense

#73 hull man

hull man
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

I don't see what else they can do but void all results involving East Hull, I agree it's a tough pill to swallow for the two cumbrians sides but what else can they do?

#74 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

They take plenty in fines over the year, they should be able to look on them favourably, never hear cumbrian sides whining about travelling, 

Sad situation all round

#75 hull man

hull man
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Good point , maybe reinburce some of the moneys spent by the clubs. but with regards to the points I think they will take them off. But I agree they should offer the clubs some form of compensation.

#76 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:58 AM

Will thatto get the 2 points now then??? And other teams who have to play them?

All results involving East Hull will be expunged from the records as per NCL rules.

It is sad that it has come to this, however having spoken to Dave Chester at Easts today he is confident that the club can grow again from the Hull and district league and become a force of amateur rugby league once again. I for one wish them all the best of luck and hope that the club can bounce back and thrive once more at whatever level they play at.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#77 sad mick

sad mick
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

All the support for this once great club is amazing!!

I actually heard someone off the Skirlaugh committee gobbing off last night loving the fact that this has happened.

Short sighted or what, ohh I guess they wnt want to sign any of easts players then.

Disgusting!!!

#78 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

True shame ,seen some great east hull sides over the years !!

#79 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

Sad if true Mick

Believe me the Skirlaugh club didn't want to see this happen to East Hull or anyone, sad news if someone was gobbing off about it, PM me and let me know who it was please mate.

Some people wont ever begin to realise the hard work it takes to run a club

#80 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Especially promises made to lads if coming to skirlaugh!! Lets just say abuse of power!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users