Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keegan Hirst

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 638 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

My cousin has been talking to Keegan Hirst this morning and Keegan told him that a return to the mount might be on the cards.

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Wishful thinking on his part?

#3 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Seems an odd one that, given he's started most games for Feath and is, reported, on a decent wedge.

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Id rather have Kevin Keegan.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

if fev cant get him to run thru players then hes done.

#6 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

mmmmm.........Keegan Hurst or Brad Brennan........Keegan Hurst or Brad Brennan..........Keegan Hurst or Brad Brennan..........Keegan Hurst or Brad Brennan..................

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#7 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

Brad brennan

#8 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

:O 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#9 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

mmmmm.........Keegan Hurst or Brad Brennan........Keegan Hurst or Brad Brennan..........Keegan Hurst or Brad Brennan..........Keegan Hurst or Brad Brennan..................

We all thought Keegan would be useless when we signed him, and he turned out to be a very good prop in my opinion. Think the same will happen with Brennan, a bit of coaching from Kear and he'll come good, people need to remember he's only 20 and is far from the finished article!!

#10 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hardly ever saw KH on the burst when coming onto the ball, he was always stood still when receiving, therefore rarely making a big break. For his size, akin to Walmsley, should have been a lot better.

#11 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

i seen him at moor,i seen him with the boys,i seen him with us,i seen him at dews.i seen him at fev,

>> MY GRANNY COULD MAKE MORE YARDS. :pickeat:

#12 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Aye he will be returning the Mount on 1st June when we play Fev at home.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#13 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hardly ever saw KH on the burst when coming onto the ball, he was always stood still when receiving, therefore rarely making a big break. For his size, akin to Walmsley, should have been a lot better.

To be fair to him he wasn't a Walmesley kind of forward. He was more attritional and was used not to make breaks but to wear down defences by tiring defenders and drawing them into the tackle to create gaps that the likes of Walmesley could benefit from. A decent forward for me.

#14 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Total confidence player and one which warren jowitt damaged.
When he came to us after hawks and rams I thought we had a white jonny Simpson.

He did take defender's out of the line and generally sucked in 4 lads with his cumbersome strides

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#15 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 638 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

I thought he was great for us. Improved almost every week and always sucked in 3 or 4 defenders.

#16 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

4 players to tackle him and then a scoot from dummy half from George and easy metres made. It worked really well in the play off against Fev.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#17 Terry Chimes

Terry Chimes
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Keegan Hurst may stroll (slowly and powerfully) into our starting 17 at the moment.

It seems a few players who have left for pastures new,  for more money, over the last few years are regretting their decisions.

Featherstone / Halifax / Keighley are not particularly easy places to get to. Multiply that drive, three times a week for training (plus match days), 40 weeks a year, and I think that would become a bind, on top of a full time job, for anyone. 

Anyhow, I must doff my cap to the club over the last couple of weeks. We needed 3-4 players and we've gone out and recruited very, very well!  

So Keegan,  I'll Love it, LOVE IT, when we beat you June the first.

#18 Butler

Butler
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

He is a awful player. I seen him at hunslet. Garbage.

#19 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 632 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

He is a awful player. I seen him at hunslet. Garbage.

we know he was.....now hes only half awful......JK's WIP...

Edited by RPH, 06 April 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#20 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

I thought he was half decent

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users