Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keegan Hirst

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

Odd that he was good enough to play regularly in a top five side for the last two seasons - one that also made the Grand Final and beat the mighty Featherstone on the way. Ever thought that your standards might be a little too high?

Standards, aspirations or narcisism?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#42 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

I thought he was at Batley on loan anyway - very odd that Featherstone announce that hes coming to us on loan when he was already here on loan.

They do love a good announcement for the sake of announcing something at Fatherstone these days.

I'm looking forward to the announcements about how much money they need to stay afloat in the coming years.

Welcome back Keegan, even though you were already here.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#43 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I thought he was at Batley on loan anyway - very odd that Featherstone announce that hes coming to us on loan when he was already here on loan.

They do love a good announcement for the sake of announcing something at Fatherstone these days.

I'm looking forward to the announcements about how much money they need to stay afloat in the coming years.

I understand that there's a Featherstone press release this afternoon. Rumours are that Feisal Nahaboo made four separate visits to his gold plated toilet bowl yesterday - once for number one's and three times for number two's. It's believed that, in total, he used 10 individual sheets of toilet paper - but only washed his hands on two out of the four occasions. Craig Poskitt will be revealing all to fans concerning Mr Nahaboo's over active bowel movements at around 1600 (once he's managed to free his hand from the u-bend). Watch this space!

Edited by TheTerminator, 12 June 2014 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

#44 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

Featherstone have made a bid to sign Brough,Crabtree and Ferres from Huddersfield. Mr Feisal Nahaboo must be a very rich man or another Peter Risdale. Be interesting when the Featherstone financial accounts are printed for 2014. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#45 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Featherstone have made a bid to sign Brough,Crabtree and Ferres from Huddersfield. Mr Feisal Nahaboo must be a very rich man or another Peter Risdale. Be interesting when the Featherstone financial accounts are printed for 2014. 

Huddersfield had the gall to reject the bid; We are going for Tomkins now in the hope that sense will prevail; A great stunt by Fev; It keeps Fev in the limelight whether we get slagged off or not; Loving it : - ) 

#46 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Odd that he was good enough to play regularly in a top five side for the last two seasons - one that also made the Grand Final and beat the mighty Featherstone on the way. Ever thought that your standards might be a little too high?

Think you have taken this the wrong way I'm not saying he's not good enough to play championship rugby but it didn't work out for him at Fev he just wasn't good enough while he was here If he goes to another club or stays at Batley and gets back to the way your club was happy with him then he will be good enough again. Sometimes player don't perform when they move clubs I believe Hirst was one of them I hope he gets back to form and is one of the players to get Batley in the playoffs You think he is good the new Fev coach didn't so it is a win win for all

Hope that explains it better

#47 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Huddersfield had the gall to reject the bid; We are going for Tomkins now in the hope that sense will prevail; A great stunt by Fev; It keeps Fev in the limelight whether we get slagged off or not; Loving it : - ) 

Phil I have the utmost respect for you and your fellow supporters, but now its getting silly, Fev are becoming the Salford of the Championship, this Feisal character is sounding like Koukash.

Flashing the chequebook all over the place. Thats not Fev, you build your team through your junior systems not buying up half the players who are available.

No im not jealous, dont think we have any aspirations for super league and dont blame you if you have, but not the way there are going about it.

#48 Mick Thornton

Mick Thornton
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

They do love a good announcement for the sake of announcing something at Fatherstone these days.

It seems as though your green with envy countenance is hard to get rid of.

You can't hide it can you as your inane comments prove.
M.J.Thornton

#49 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

Phil I have the utmost respect for you and your fellow supporters, but now its getting silly, Fev are becoming the Salford of the Championship, this Feisal character is sounding like Koukash.

Flashing the chequebook all over the place. Thats not Fev, you build your team through your junior systems not buying up half the players who are available.

No im not jealous, dont think we have any aspirations for super league and dont blame you if you have, but not the way there are going about it.

I know that genuine Batley fans are concerned for Fev; The man has invested thousands into the club just like Mark Campbell before him; We cannot do anything about it and hope that he achieves what we all wish for; His statements do border on arrogance and for me they do need to be reigned in; What I do know though is that Mark Campbell breathes Fev Rovers and as long as he is at the helm, the club is in safe hands; I respect your views and the views of others and lets hope everything turns out for the best;

#50 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

It seems as though your green with envy countenance is hard to get rid of.

You can't hide it can you as your inane comments prove.

No envy here at all, I just know whats coming your way in the future and the blinkered arrogance of some of your fans is utterly bewildering - the money man has a history of being shown the door by clubs once they have looked into his dealings and background, yet Featherstone have given him carte blanche to throw money about like confetti.

So far from being "inane" just concerned people like yourself are quite happy for your club to throw caution to the wind, knowing full well there could be massive repercussions down the line.

This is rugby league, not football, we arent big enough as a sport for money men to carry on like that.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#51 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

I know that genuine Batley fans are concerned for Fev; The man has invested thousands into the club just like Mark Campbell before him; We cannot do anything about it and hope that he achieves what we all wish for; His statements do border on arrogance and for me they do need to be reigned in; What I do know though is that Mark Campbell breathes Fev Rovers and as long as he is at the helm, the club is in safe hands; I respect your views and the views of others and lets hope everything turns out for the best;

good post mate I just worry for the lads in your 20s squad along with the couple of lads in Australia one of I know personally, I just wonder if they will get there chance now.

Edited by Bat Lad, 13 June 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#52 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

good post mate I just worry for the lads in your 20s squad along with the couple of lads in Australia one of I know personally, I just wonder if they will get there chance now.

Not many come through and make regular first team appearances from our 20s so there will be no change there and if they do they are snapped up by S/L

#53 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

No envy here at all, I just know whats coming your way in the future and the blinkered arrogance of some of your fans is utterly bewildering - the money man has a history of being shown the door by clubs once they have looked into his dealings and background, yet Featherstone have given him carte blanche to throw money about like confetti.

So far from being "inane" just concerned people like yourself are quite happy for your club to throw caution to the wind, knowing full well there could be massive repercussions down the line.

This is rugby league, not football, we arent big enough as a sport for money men to carry on like that.

Buford - What proof do you have that he was shown the door at the other clubs (C*s & Fax), is it not feasible that he walked because he did not see the ambition, ability within the BODs of both clubs to take them to another level at the time and choose to move on?

If you read the Fax forum there is a significant number of fans that do not believe their BOD have the ability to take them to the next level (Challenging for the top 2 this year and SL afterwards).

Now I am not saying that FN is squeaky clean in any of this or that we as Fev fans should not be concerned about where the ride is taking us, since if you talk to the majority of our fans we do have concerns. However at this point in time there is not a lot we can do about it, so will enjoy the money he puts in and enjoy the upward cycle for the minute (we have had plenty of downs over the years. As has been said above while MC stays involved I am sure he will not allow us to be overstretched.

However, A question for you "what do you think FN expects to get out of his interest in Fev"?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#54 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

Just a thought...there is a lot of land around POR..who actually owns that ? And who owns Featherstone Rovers?

Edited by BirstallDog, 14 June 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#55 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

Just a thought...there is a lot of land around POR..who actually owns that ? And who owns Featherstone Rovers?

It's Fev - what do you think you could earn from 14 acres of green belt land? Especially compared to what you could earn by concentrating on Probiz?

PS if you understood how the how the Fev limited company is set up you'd realise that FN could own 10million shares in Fev and still not be able to do anything with the land.

So I'll ask again "what do you think FN expects to get out of his interest in Fev"?

Edited by The Grinder, 14 June 2014 - 12:16 AM.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#56 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

Please ask FN....not myself....

#57 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:01 AM

And the majority shareholders.......

#58 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

Look i read these comments from find it a bit petty. I dont see why it matters to us at batley what fev do or dont do let fev live there dream of gaining entry to super league why knock them for trying if dosnt work it dosnt work. Why critise them if it was other way round and we were signing lots of players good quaility im sure we too would be exstatic and blinkered to dream of super league and believe its a only a case of sooner rather than later.

#59 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

Hmm, prime development opportunities for executive housing in Featherstone.

Something about that sounds odd, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#60 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

Tesco rovers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users