Floodlight Fund

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 John Spoor

John Spoor
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

The latest statement for the Floodlight Fund is now appearing on the news section of the Barrow Raiders web-site.

John Spoor

Barrow Rugby Shop

Posted Image

#2 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

No mention of any donation from Darren Holts contract ?

I presume its been used elsewhere 

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#3 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

No mention of any donation from Darren Holts contract ?

I presume its been used elsewhere

A question that should have been asked on the notification as of 1st Jan.
Its obvious why its not on this one John has posted....quite clearly says that a balance has been brought forward from last year.....unless you can tell me different, Darren left last year.

Now then, I do believe there are questions to answer though as out of interest, I went and looked at the statement as of Jan 01 and nothing is mentioned.

So, 2 questions I think...

1 - Was it donated by DH? If it wasn't then it isn't going to show anywhere.
2 - If it was, where is it as I believe his intention was that it should go to the floodlight appeal.

#4 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Just looked at news years dip and what we raised , £ 1348.00 in total which I find shocking and disappointing  when 12 peoples did the dip 

#5 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

Probably not the best choich of words. It's certainly not shocking. If every supporter who attends games regular were to raise on average £112 like the 12 have by doing the dip then you would be laughing.

Edited by shawy13, 02 April 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#6 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

sorry yes poor choice of words ' but I raised £747 alone

#7 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

I hope people don't think i'm having a dig because I certainly not !  everybody that did the dip took time out to raise money and jump in to a very cold sea on a very cold and wet day and I just thought we might have raised more for their efforts , as it roughly works out at a pound for every supporter we have  . maybe we should of had a donations box at shop so people could give even if they didn't know the fans taking part , I'm lucky I work with a large number of people so was easier for me  but some fans weren't so lucky and it would of been nice if other fans who couldn't do the dip could show their support  for the ones that could . sorry if I offened anyone as that wasn't my intention just a poor choice of words .

#8 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

sorry yes poor choice of words ' but I raised £747 alone

Terrific effort that, doffs cap.

• mjc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users