Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Tetley's Challenge Cup - Fourth Round Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you be watching any of these games? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be watching any of these games?

1. I'll watch the BBC televised game only. (25 votes [46.30%])

Percentage of vote: 46.30%

2. I'll watch the BBC televised game and attend one other game. (16 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

3. I'll watch the BBC televised game and attend more than one other game. (2 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

4. I won't watch the BBC televised game but I will attend one other game. (9 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. I won't watch the BBC televised game but I will attend more than one other game. (1 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

6. I won't watch the BBC televised game or attend any other game. (1 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

The Tetley's Challenge Cup - Fourth Round Match Thread

Discuss all the fourth round ties here:-

THURSDAY 3 APRIL
Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 8pm

FRIDAY 4 APRIL
Dewsbury Rams v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm
Catalan Dragons v London Broncos KO 8pm (CET)

SATURDAY 5 APRIL
Sheffield Eagles v London Skolars KO 2pm

SUNDAY 6 APRIL
Huddersfield Giants v St Helens    KO 2.15pm (BBC TV)
Wakefield Wildcats v Leeds Rhinos KO 2pm
Rochdale Hornets v Leigh Centurions KO 2pm
Batley Bulldogs v Castleford Tigers KO 2pm
Doncaster v Hemel Stags KO 2pm
Keighley Cougars v Barrow Raiders KO 2pm
Featherstone Rovers v North Wales Crusaders KO 2pm
Hull Kingston Rovers v Warrington Wolves KO 2pm
Bradford Bulls v Oldham KO 2pm
Hunslet Hawks v Workington Town KO 2pm
Halifax v Widnes Vikings KO 2pm
Swinton Lions v York City Knights KO 2pm

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

I predict someone will ask "Why are Hull FC allowed to play on Thursday night?"...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

I predict someone will ask "Why are Hull FC allowed to play on Thursday night?"...

can't say I'm interested in the "allowed" part....more the "why" part?

#4 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Well said.

#5 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Is it to allow anyone travelling by horse and cart to get to Wembley for the semi?
Huge game for the Giants. Lose heavily and the gap between hope and reality will have become pretty substantial...

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

I guess not many rugby league fans will be left at home to boost the Challenge Cup viewing figures on the BBC then!  Who scheduled almost every match to take place at the same time as the televised game?  (Why am I even asking the question?)

#7 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

With the Crusaders at Fev (interesting) and the Broncos at Catalans (as Rene Artois would say - oh 'eck!) I'm just doing the telly game, although with a nice bottle of a 2008  Domaine Coursodon St. Joseph to drink with Sunday lunch I may snooze through a bit of it.

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

I guess not many rugby league fans will be left at home to boost the Challenge Cup viewing figures on the BBC then!  Who scheduled almost every match to take place at the same time as the televised game?  (Why am I even asking the question?)

To be fair, Sunday afternoon is the regular RL slot, the BBC have directly scheduled the game against these.

#9 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

York to beat more Championship opposition. (I hope!)

It's time to park the camels.

#10 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Rochdale v Leigh will have some spice in it after last week, about 1000 travelling over will give it some atmosphere also

#11 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Shock of the round - cru by a drop goal!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

Tonight...Hull FC 24 Salford 22. (Yes, that's tonight, Thursday.  :rolleyes: )

Animal Welfare officers called to the KC Stadium after a report of a dog tied up there for over an hour and a half because it's owner (one man) couldn't take it into the ground.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#13 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

Tonight...Hull FC 24 Salford 22. (Yes, that's tonight, Thursday.  :rolleyes: )

Animal Welfare officers called to the KC Stadium after a report of a dog tied up there for over an hour and a half because it's owner (one man) couldn't take it into the ground.

If they had their own ground, he'd be allowed to take the dog in...

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#14 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'm not sure i want to think about the game against Saints. It will take a massive change in attitude for us to have any chance at all, Cudjo out as well now, so who knows where anyone will play going on last weeks selections, Wonder if we will still be playing with a squad of 16.

Realistically there is only going to be one winner, at this point it's more about  how many they will score. I'm fearing the worst so any kind of decent effort will do, Saints owe us a couple and this just might be pay back time.

I shall be there as usual but more in hope than anything.   Giants 6  Saints ?

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#15 The Scott

The Scott
  • Banned
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

I'm not sure i want to think about the game against Saints. It will take a massive change in attitude for us to have any chance at all, Cudjo out as well now, so who knows where anyone will play going on last weeks selections, Wonder if we will still be playing with a squad of 16.
Realistically there is only going to be one winner, at this point it's more about  how many they will score. I'm fearing the worst so any kind of decent effort will do, Saints owe us a couple and this just might be pay back time.

I think you do yourselves a disservice. Fartown will be seriously tough for Saints. I'd imagine Huddersfield will be much better being that it's in the Cup and will be more like the side that won at Wigan and pushed Leeds. It looks likely that Walsh, Walmsley and Turner are back for Saints alongside Amor and LMS so I fancy Saints to be the victors. I'd expect a close one though. Huddersfield are one of the very few sides that could actually compete with Saints' forwards.

I'd go Huddersfield 14 St Helens 24

#16 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

We do owe you a couple, that's true!  However, why so glum?  I know the Giants have not reached the dizzy heights of this time last season but they've generally been very competitive in the Challenge Cup in recent years and so I can't think that the match is anything like the foregone conclusion you seem to think it will be.  We put our all into our game last week against Leeds - I think it was really important for the club to make a big statement to the fans at home to be fair - and so my concern is that we won't be able to raise our game for a second week running.  Even if we do, you have enough quality in your team to beat us.  This is the game of the round IMO simply because who will win just cannot be pinned down at all.

Edited by Saintslass, 03 April 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#17 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

will be going to Owlerton Saturday only a tenner and then going to Keepmoat Sunday . Hopefully should see the south Yorkshire duo progress to last 16 .

Chief Crazy Eagle

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

About 150 Salford fans at the KC tonight, so about the same as last Friday.

Maybe around 5k in here.

Arundel over, Crooks off touch. 6-0.

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Meli in.

6-6.

#20 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Rangi over, 6-12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users