• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

FURTHER TICKET RELEASE ANNOUNCED FOR WIGAN GAME

While tickets for the Wigan game continue to sell at a steady rate the club is able to announce the release of a further allocation of tickets for the Friday evening game at the Tetley’s Stadium kick off 8.00pm.

As at Wednesday around 200 season ticket holders have rather disappointingly not purchased a ticket for the game and these are now available for sale. The club has also arranged for a temporary increase in capacity with Kirklees which means that, in total, around 750 tickets are still there for the taking.

Tickets will be on sale from the office at the Tetley’s Stadium today (Friday) from 12.00noon until 4.00pm and then directly from the club shop from 6.00pm to 7.30pm on a first come first served basis. Ticket prices are – seating adults £15 concessions and children under 16 £9 and standing adults £13 and concessions and children under 16 £7.

Extra refreshment facilities will be available in the main stand and a Bottle Bar will be open at the South Stand along with the Main Bar area.

Tickets can also be purchased in advance over the telephone by credit or debit card by calling 01924 465489 during the above office hours.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

FURTHER TICKET RELEASE ANNOUNCED FOR WIGAN GAME

While tickets for the Wigan game continue to sell at a steady rate the club is able to announce the release of a further allocation of tickets for the Friday evening game at the Tetley’s Stadium kick off 8.00pm.

As at Wednesday around 200 season ticket holders have rather disappointingly not purchased a ticket for the game and these are now available for sale. The club has also arranged for a temporary increase in capacity with Kirklees which means that, in total, around 750 tickets are still there for the taking.

Tickets will be on sale from the office at the Tetley’s Stadium today (Friday) from 12.00noon until 4.00pm and then directly from the club shop from 6.00pm to 7.30pm on a first come first served basis. Ticket prices are – seating adults £15 concessions and children under 16 £9 and standing adults £13 and concessions and children under 16 £7.

Extra refreshment facilities will be available in the main stand and a Bottle Bar will be open at the South Stand along with the Main Bar area.

Tickets can also be purchased in advance over the telephone by credit or debit card by calling 01924 465489 during the above office hours.

Hate to bang on about this Update, but maybe many of those season ticket holders (tickets bought on the assumption that most matches were sunday fixtures) simply can't make Friday nights - I'm one of those, I have family commitments that prevent me from going, yes I feel gutted I will not be going and guilty too for good measure, but there we have it - much as I love my club, it's not the be all and end all.

I have the vague feeling I am being guilt tripped. :(

#3 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Got to agree with you Grumpy!!

I'm in the same boat  :cry:

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#4 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

Well it's nice to know another 199 season ticket holders have let the club down so badly for not buying a ticket to a game I can't attend because some w####r saw fit to move to usual game day (Sunday) to Friday (non game day)

Won't let the club down again in future
Because I WIll NOT buy a season ticket

That will save both parties from been disappointed in future.

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

I don't think the club are trying to make you feel guilty. Why wouldn't the club feel dissapointed that 200 of its season ticket holders can't attend? Obviously the club are dissapointed because you can't attend, they are not having a go. As it happens to sell over 1k tickets in home tickets in 5 working days is brill for a club our size inny opinion so interest as still been high, although I agree with you guys the crowd would of been higher on a Sunday

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 02 April 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#6 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

Well it's nice to know another 199 season ticket holders have let the club down so badly for not buying a ticket to a game I can't attend because some w####r saw fit to move to usual game day (Sunday) to Friday (non game day)
Won't let the club down again in future
Because I WIll NOT buy a season ticket
That will save both parties from been disappointed in future.

It has been posted why the game could not play on Sunday. Not sure how refusing to buy a season ticket proves anything.

#7 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

It means I can no longer be held to ransom over games,I pay my money upfront to attend games that are held on a Sunday,I structure my life away from Dewsbury around the ability to allocate Sunday's As "rugby day" like days out when we're away, holidays when we're not playing and so on... So if I don't buy a season ticket no more... I'm not tied nor out of pocket if I can't attend thru circumstances.

It's cutting the tie of been accountable solely to the Rams and leaving the door open to explore other options throughout the summer months.

Well seeing they did so well on season ticket sales this season.... Not

My money in advanced won't be missed.

;)

That my friend is how not buying one is beneficial to me.

Edited by coolie, 02 April 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#8 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,123 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

I was down to cover this game but had to pull ut when it was announced as a Friday KO as i have a Ra Ra quarter final over at Headingley on Friday

#9 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 758 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

I agree with DTID, the club are naturally disappointed that all season ticket holders haven't bought a ticket.It's the biggest game we've had in years. But I don't think it's meant to make anybody feel guilty. They are just stating a fact. I think Glenn had a good point on Radio Leeds on Sunday when he stated we would have a longer rest period than Swinton after the weekend games by playing the game on Friday. I hope all this doesn't start again on Good Friday. 

#10 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 987 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Coolie, not sure how the Wigan game has influenced your decision not to buy a season ticket, as the game is not counted on season tickets. Could see your point if it was a season ticket game that had been moved...

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

You can't please everyone in life, it's a known fact but unfortunately pleasing coolie is even harder ;)

#12 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Coolie, not sure how the Wigan game has influenced your decision not to buy a season ticket, as the game is not counted on season tickets. Could see your point if it was a season ticket game that had been moved...

Tom looks like your house ain't like my house

Since the beginning of time... And a bit more the fixtures release is a massive event... Everything is put on hold until that day.. Parties,holidays,days out.. Even weather the kids are here or not,weather my girlfriends daughter is away at her Dads... She is a new supporter and loves the games... So my friend in the coolie household it ain't a matter of just put ya coat on and trip off to the games

Lots of mitigating circumstances have to be drawn into the equation.

So when the fixtures finally arrive every aspect is scrutinized and booked and sorted for the year... So I don't miss a game... Sometimes it's impossible to sort out everything and I miss a home game as schools are clamping down on taking kids away during term time... Fines are ridiculas.. 60 per adult 60 per child... That's a whopping 480 for a week's hookie from school... So now do you see how something so simple as put your coat on and #### off to the game... Becomes as complicated as rocket science... It's a logistical nightmare... So why should I take all this stress and trouble sorting my life around my team when we get a massive team like Wigan where so much can be made on Sunday rather than a Friday.. Where I and many other season ticket holders can't attend because of the game switch.

Come Friday I will have missed thru Ill health and shocking decisions by whoever 3 Home games out of 4... And we ain't even got to summer holiday time yet where I could miss another couple of games

So where is buying a season ticket an option for me??

It will be easier if I take weekend by weekend and if the game fits in with me.. Go.. If it don't I ain't lost anything

Sometimes Tom you have to please yourself rather than trying to please everybody all the time..

Single lad no commitments ... I remember when....

Won't change my mind... Stubborn t##t I am ;)

#13 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

I don't think the club are trying to make you feel guilty. Why wouldn't the club feel dissapointed that 200 of its season ticket holders can't attend? Obviously the club are dissapointed because you can't attend, they are not having a go. As it happens to sell over 1k tickets in home tickets in 5 working days is brill for a club our size inny opinion so interest as still been high, although I agree with you guys the crowd would of been higher on a Sunday

Agree with Coolie.  Whether it was meant or not It reads to me that the club are disappointed in the 200 season ticket holders who havent bought tickets. As others have pointed out non of those 200 were involved in the decision to play Friday. 

#14 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Agree with Coolie.  Whether it was meant or not It reads to me that the club are disappointed in the 200 season ticket holders who havent bought tickets. As others have pointed out non of those 200 were involved in the decision to play Friday. 

Hi Nick,

The disappointment is intermediary in that the club want to ensure that all supporters wanting to watch the game will have the ability to do so. We don't want people to assume this won't sell out and expect to be able to turn up Friday morning and buy a ticket, then be disappointed if there are none available. In other words, we aren't disappointed at the season ticket holders, but disappointed in that we may not be able to provide them tickets should they need one. 

Obviously, we simply cannot say whether or not it will sell out - Of course we hope it does, and it would be a real shame if we cannot provide tickets to those supporters that commit to us throughout the season.

All the best

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 02 April 2014 - 06:08 PM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#15 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

I can't believe some fans have even taken that statement the wrong way.. The clubs ardly going to critisize it's fans, mark sawyer for one is greatfull to all the clubs supporters. Think it's clear the club wasn't saying your letting the club down but nice of them to clear the air ... Awaiting next winge..... #wingebrigade ;)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 02 April 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#16 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Don't know why people are making a big issue about the Wigan game,I know there was no way I was going to miss it,but my circumstances differ to a lot of supporters. I know 1 or 2 supporters that can't make it due to work,babysitters etc,I wasn't happy at 1st but your not going to please everyone.I'll be honest whether we play Wigan Friday or Sunday I don't think it'll affect the gate that much!!! But to blame the club I think is out of order. Let's just get this game played then let's get on with the job in hand,the league making sure we're in super league 2 next season!!!!

#17 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

As I said in the original Wigan game posts I wouldn't comment again

Missing the game is a raw nerve for those missing it... How the statement read 're ignited the fire...

Far as I'm concerned on the subject roll on a week on Sunday... The next relevant match for me.

Wigan subject done and dusted

Them going enjoy, them who can't we will be there in spirit regardless of result

But our bodies will be firmly at home :(

#18 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

200 season ticket holders not getting tickets is not correct anyway. Iv spoke to atleest 3 groups of fans who didn't use their season tickets to get match tickets and I was also one of them as I'd rather the club had the extra couple of quid. Iv tagged those people iv spoke to on a status on rams FB group and one group of fans got around 10 with out using all 10 season tickets.. Sure, they is people who can't attend but they is also fans who couldn't attend Sunday Aswel. You can't please everyone and as for the statement, it's clear it wasn't meant the way afew fans have read it, so get off your high horses dudes... Like the clubs going to deliberately slate it's loyal supporters !!

#19 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

...interest as still been high, although I agree with you guys the crowd would of been higher on a Sunday

Ah, but will the interest still be there when we are playing in the bread and butter games of the league? Will the "extra" supporters coming on Friday still turn up for the following matches in the league? I think not.

I also feel the club is pointing a finger at those season ticket holders who cannot be there on Friday. The phraseology used could have been couched differently.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#20 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

I must admit i was pleased when i was told that the game was going to be on friday as opposed to sunday because i could not have attended on sunday but i can on friday , one mans meat is anothers poison i suppose 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users