Important info regarding tickets for the Wigan game

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Ah, but will the interest still be there when we are playing in the bread and butter games of the league? Will the "extra" supporters coming on Friday still turn up for the following matches in the league? I think not.

I also feel the club is pointing a finger at those season ticket holders who cannot be there on Friday. The phraseology used could have been couched differently.

probably not but potentially afew could be tempted back if they like what they see???

#22 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

I must admit i was pleased when i was told that the game was going to be on friday as opposed to sunday because i could not have attended on sunday but i can on friday , one mans meat is anothers poison i suppose

see, that's good news . Not all bad playing on a Friday, We now don't have to listen to Andrew farrow on p.a ;)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 02 April 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#23 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Ah, but will the interest still be there when we are playing in the bread and butter games of the league? Will the "extra" supporters coming on Friday still turn up for the following matches in the league? I think not.

I also feel the club is pointing a finger at those season ticket holders who cannot be there on Friday. The phraseology used could have been couched differently.

dont forget theres a lot of neutral supporters grabed tickets for this game too,so they wont be at your place for bread and butter games,i know a few lads who like myself have booked off work to be at your place and i think some folks will miss a classic game. dvd sales might do a bomb.. :pickeat:

#24 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Tom looks like your house ain't like my house

Since the beginning of time... And a bit more the fixtures release is a massive event... Everything is put on hold until that day.. Parties,holidays,days out.. Even weather the kids are here or not,weather my girlfriends daughter is away at her Dads... She is a new supporter and loves the games... So my friend in the coolie household it ain't a matter of just put ya coat on and trip off to the games

Lots of mitigating circumstances have to be drawn into the equation.

So when the fixtures finally arrive every aspect is scrutinized and booked and sorted for the year... So I don't miss a game... Sometimes it's impossible to sort out everything and I miss a home game as schools are clamping down on taking kids away during term time... Fines are ridiculas.. 60 per adult 60 per child... That's a whopping 480 for a week's hookie from school... So now do you see how something so simple as put your coat on and #### off to the game... Becomes as complicated as rocket science... It's a logistical nightmare... So why should I take all this stress and trouble sorting my life around my team when we get a massive team like Wigan where so much can be made on Sunday rather than a Friday.. Where I and many other season ticket holders can't attend because of the game switch.

Come Friday I will have missed thru Ill health and shocking decisions by whoever 3 Home games out of 4... And we ain't even got to summer holiday time yet where I could miss another couple of games

So where is buying a season ticket an option for me??

It will be easier if I take weekend by weekend and if the game fits in with me.. Go.. If it don't I ain't lost anything

Sometimes Tom you have to please yourself rather than trying to please everybody all the time..

Single lad no commitments ... I remember when....

Won't change my mind... Stubborn t##t I am ;)

You have been to the same amount of home games as myself, and you've probably been to more away games then me. Due to my crazy shift pattern I work a lot of Sunday's and if this game had of been on a Sunday I would have missed it and you would have been able to go.

I haven't had a season ticket in many a year, so this season I decided to sponsor Ryan Wright as a way of giving money to the club. I would love to go and watch Dewsbury every week but this is not possible for me unless I get a new job!

Sorry mate but to say you're not renewing your season ticket sounds a bit petty as I would love the opportunity to get a season's ticket and go watch the Rams week in week out!!

#25 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

. Think it's clear the club wasn't saying your letting the club down but nice of them to clear the air ... Awaiting next winge..... #wingebrigade ;)

It is.  many thanks...

#26 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

Is what nick ?

#27 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

You have been to the same amount of home games as myself, and you've probably been to more away games then me. Due to my crazy shift pattern I work a lot of Sunday's and if this game had of been on a Sunday I would have missed it and you would have been able to go.

I haven't had a season ticket in many a year, so this season I decided to sponsor Ryan Wright as a way of giving money to the club. I would love to go and watch Dewsbury every week but this is not possible for me unless I get a new job!

Sorry mate but to say you're not renewing your season ticket sounds a bit petty as I would love the opportunity to get a season's ticket and go watch the Rams week in week out!!

It seems to me, Eduardo, that the reason Coolie is contemplating not renewing his season ticket is teh same reason you don't have one - he's finding it increasingly difficult to commit to attending all the home games. Hardly petty.

Gosh, sticking up for Coolie... feeling unwell.... Nurse!!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#28 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

Is what nick ?

Nice of them to clear the air.... 

#29 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

It seems to me, Eduardo, that the reason Coolie is contemplating not renewing his season ticket is teh same reason you don't have one - he's finding it increasingly difficult to commit to attending all the home games. Hardly petty.
Gosh, sticking up for Coolie... feeling unwell.... Nurse!!

Woo I've a new bezzie

Taken a Batley fan to understand where I'm coming from... Whatever next... The world is round???

Your bang on with what you say... You've to look from outside the box sometimes to understand the sentiment.

It's no longer coming cost effective to commit long term when circumstances change

What's gonna happen with super league 2 ??

Don't think there going to show games on Sunday afternoons I would guess

So thank you sir Jekyll for understanding

;)

#30 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

:)

Edited by coolie, 03 April 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,535 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

I have to agree the wording of the original posting could have been better thought through.

It doesn't harm anyone to simply say sorry for any unintended slight does it? Particularly as, just as CF says, these regular supporters are going to be there for all of the bread and butter games.

I will not be at the game because planned a holiday for that weekend, so you can make me feel guilty if you wish to try.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

I have to agree the wording of the original posting could have been better thought through.

It doesn't harm anyone to simply say sorry for any unintended slight does it? Particularly as, just as CF says, these regular supporters are going to be there for all of the bread and butter games.

I will not be at the game because planned a holiday for that weekend, so you can make me feel guilty if you wish to try.

Totally agree

It felt like someone trying to have the last word in a argument they have all ready lost... A parting swipe

This whole thing has been handled in a way you would expect a amateur club to perform from start to finish... The foresight of Mr magoo,the organization skills of the keystone cops... And worst of all divided fans on this forum. I wish the team all the best for tonight and will be living every minute of the game as if I was there.

Good luck the lads and give it your all

In a alternative universe this would have been handled another way

Draw takes place

The club explains to the fans selling the Friday to them in this manor

Due to a high volume of games on the Sunday with Bradford,hunslet,Batley,Wakefield,huddersfield at home all on the Sunday also the giants match televised.. The club feel the best chance to maximise income from this game we as a club to fulfil the best out come money wise a Friday night fixture is in the best interests of us all,with regret because of the fixture change this will result is some of our loyal supporters missing this fantastic event.. We're sorry and hopefully with this open and honest statement you will understand that in reality taking into account all factors is with regret the best solution for the club.

See... Approaching people has to have a human touch ;)

Rather than the lame excuse of "cos of the car boot" tosh ;)

UTR

Edited by coolie, 04 April 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#33 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

Same old coolie. Let's face it if they played the game at your house at a time to suit you with free entry and free drinks you'd still complain.

#34 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Seems to be a lot of comments on here from Coolie.....................thought he wasnt going to be drawn on the subject. :ph34r: 

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users