Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Castleford sunday

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

What does everyone think? I think we could snatch it

#2 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

They'll get at least 40. We'll get more than 10.

#3 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

Dogs 12 Tigers 36

#4 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

dogs 4....Cas 70...

going for the extremes then anything better will be a bonus....

Edited by RPH, 02 April 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Based on what? We have had an inconsistent season and even at our best we have been very average. They are flying. If we snatch it then it would amount to one of the games biggest upsets. Despite all that l believe we Will come good by the end of the season but this weekend? Cas by 50.

#6 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Based on what? We have had an inconsistent season and even at our best we have been very average. They are flying. If we snatch it then it would amount to one of the games biggest upsets. Despite all that l believe we Will come good by the end of the season but this weekend? Cas by 50.

because its 80minutes anything can happen? Fev got hammered week before they played cas 2 years ago? We have a few ex cas players looking to prove something plus a coach who got turned down twice by them in the last 3 years? Plus we always turn up against the top sides and we just need to take our chances unlike saints away and we could snatch it.

#7 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

That's rather an extreme case of the wish being the father of the thought isn't it?  You have to go with head not heart on these things, and nothing we have seen suggests that we are ready to cause what would be a monumental upset.  If we get within 25 it will be an encouraging sign of real improvement - I'd take that.

#8 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Dogs 12 cas 52

#9 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Weather forecast is for a wet and windy day on Sunday http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656168. Not good for ticket sales but should make it more difficult to play open rugby. Castleford by 18 points but if Batley repeat last season's Challenge Cup display against Huddersfield and Castleford have an off day maybe a chance of a shock. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

because its 80minutes anything can happen? Fev got hammered week before they played cas 2 years ago? We have a few ex cas players looking to prove something plus a coach who got turned down twice by them in the last 3 years? Plus we always turn up against the top sides and we just need to take our chances unlike saints away and we could snatch it.

Fair enough. I would be happy with a few positives in the game, scoring double figures would be one, and a decent crowd. Of course l would accept a win and accept the ridicule for my pessimism with stoicism.

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Very tough for us. 44 -10

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#12 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

I think there were some green shoots of a revival last weekend.

I just fear that a walloping on Sunday could set us back again ahed of the Keighley game.

We'll lose, i dont think even the most optimistic fan would disagree. This game is all about the club making a few quid and hopefully we avoid any injuries and can gain some confidence with a battling performance.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#13 Paladin

Paladin
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

Doesn't really matter if we, as is probable, get beaten. Although the cup throws up some strange results.  As long as the team gain from playing against full-time pro's and this in turn gives them the confidence to build on it in the league, it will be well worth it. 

Our current players are obviously capable of giving mighty Cas a good game and who knows it just needs all 17 to 'click' and there could be an upset or a very close game.

Whatever, good luck to the lads. This is an opportunity to show the big boys that we do have talent and love a challenge.

My thoughts? 18-30. or us by 6.

Have gun....will travel....Wire Paladin

#14 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

You've got more chance of beating Cas than Dewsbury have of beating Wigan!

#15 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

Hoping to beat Dewsbury in round 5  :haha:

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#16 king street tiger

king street tiger
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

You've got more chance of beating Cas than Dewsbury have of beating Wigan!

Cas beat Wigan and should have beat them by a lot more than we did we had 4 try disallowed few week back and we beat them last year so I would not say Batley got the more easy tie.

#17 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Wigan, superleague champs and challenge cup holders??? Welcoming back 2 england internationals in oloughlin and McIllorum for our match? I'd say both are going to be very tough for both us at dewsbury and the bulldogs.

#18 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

lets just enjoy both games,been a long winter and am hoping for a bit of an upset for at least 40 minutes.if us or dews pulls something out the bag then all the better, i think a 30 point start would make a game of it, enjoy.

#19 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

Good luck for Sunday guys

#20 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

Good luck to guys on Sunday hopefully we both can do the heavy woollen area proud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users