Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual registration

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

Just a thought that occurred to me. Why can York play Jake Webster [a foreigner] against us and presumably other clubs when we can't play kylie Leululia [don't think that's spelled right, also a foreigner]?
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#2 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Webster will have a British(or EU) passport

#3 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

Also I think Visa states the club you can play for, as part of the Visa terms.  So playing for Hunslet is not playing for Leeds.  Its like having a Visa to work as a salesman then practicing as a doctor.

#4 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Also I think Visa states the club you can play for, as part of the Visa terms. So playing for Hunslet is not playing for Leeds. Its like having a Visa to work as a salesman then practicing as a doctor.

I think that's what gabby is saying. So why did jake webster play against us?? Unless he does have a british/eu passport as stated
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

He once ate fish n chips which qualifies him to be British................

#6 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Don't you know RFL can change the rules whenever they like. He got special dispensation

http://m.yorkpress.c...Knights_debuts/

They don't care if it skews up the results and league finishing in the lower leagues.

I always thought Daryl Powell was a big objector to Dual Reg, or has he changed his mind now?

#7 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Don't you know RFL can change the rules whenever they like. He got special dispensation

http://m.yorkpress.c...Knights_debuts/

They don't care if it skews up the results and league finishing in the lower leagues.

I always thought Daryl Powell was a big objector to Dual Reg, or has he changed his mind now?

A similar thing happened with Karl Harrison when he was at Salford , he was all for Promotion when they were in the league below SL , soon as he got them promoted , he was all for stopping P+R.............

#8 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

Don't we have a legal case for suing the RL as they are choosing which CLUBS can have D/R and not which PLAYERS. We could possibly have stayed up last season if we could field anybody of Leeds' players. I also understand they stopped McShane from playing in the last match of the season.

#9 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

A similar thing happened with Karl Harrison when he was at Salford , he was all for Promotion when they were in the league below SL , soon as he got them promoted , he was all for stopping P+R.............

#10 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Gary Hetherington was the same at Sheffield. When they were in the 2nd division, he wanted 4 up and down, but when they were promoted, he wanted 2 up and down.

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

Gary Hetherington was the same at Sheffield. When they were in the 2nd division, he wanted 4 up and down, but when they were promoted, he wanted 2 up and down.

Its like living in North Korea Gabby , the clubs don't have a say.......Just do as we say..........

#12 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Don't we have a legal case for suing the RL as they are choosing which CLUBS can have D/R and not which PLAYERS. We could possibly have stayed up last season if we could field anybody of Leeds' players. I also understand they stopped McShane from playing in the last match of the season.

the rfl don't have a say in the visa's, the only way he played for York for A. He's got a passport that allows him to work in the uk B. He was on loan not dual reg (even then its very hard with visa's) C. He got some special permission from the Uk boarder agency or who ever deals with visa's these days (but that's unlikely)

Either way the rfl have no case to answer.

Edited by noname6, 03 April 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#13 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

the rfl don't have a say in the visa's, the only way he played for York for A. He's got a passport that allows him to work in the uk B. He was on loan not dual reg (even then its very hard with visa's) C. He got some special permission from the Uk boarder agency or who ever deals with visa's these days (but that's unlikely)

Either way the rfl have no case to answer.

Maybe not , but the RFL have a case to answer for DR , thats where this as all started from................