• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

http://www.loverugby...gh-on-loan.html

So Leigh are using Super League loan players in the Challenge Cup eh? I know a little bird who will be disgusted......surely!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Its different. ..isnt it?
Bound to be ...I'm sure

#3 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Barrow using players on one month loans, leigh using players on one month loans, sheffield using players on one month loans....halifax loan from featherstone on a one month loan (Saxton). Who would have thought it.

One teams loan is another teams dual reg I guess.

Leigh "loan" four players to Barrow and then Leigh loan in from Wigan to replace them!!

It's more confusing than DR. These loans are not just young players either.

Maybe when the music stops we will see where the players end up.

And Mark, of course it is different.... It does not involve Swinton.

Poor Workington, they DR with Wigan and Leigh still get Hopkins. Oh dear

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#4 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

Interesting also to hear Paul Rowley's comments on SLTV via Love Rugby League. He believes it's time to ' get rid of duals. There are loan deals, fill you boots with loan deals'. Hmm.....

#5 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

"Short term loan deal" or "d**l reg****tion"

"Terrorist" or "freedom fighter"

Two sides of the same coin

Tomkins loaned from Wigan to Salford on a one month loan too. I think short term loans between clubs in the same league are undermining the credibility of Super League as a competition ;)

What is stopping Wigan loaning players on month loan to teams playing their direct rivals and .....(yawn)

Wigan loan to Salford, Leigh loan to Barrow, Featherstone loan to Halifax -  what would happen is survival depended on .......(yawn)

Edited by Little Lion Man, 08 April 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#6 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Absolutely right, loans to teams in your own devision is a far worse than the dr system, lets be straight, a dr is just a loan that the small club doesnt have to pay for.

The major offence overall, is that sl clubs and the rfl think its good to get rid of reserve teams, which causes all this.

Its a similar thing with the England set up, the rfl say its the most important thing to improve the international game, 2013 world cup, England finish 3rd in a 3 horse race and then see it fit to keep the same coach on a PART TIME basis. I would say thats a negotiate move.

On paper rugby league comes up massive plans but in reality most are backward steps.

Wayne

Edited by wberry2013, 08 April 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#7 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Last season it was the "big" championship clubs that were most vociferous against DR. Their concern it seems resulting from a possibility that the smaller championship teams could be more competitive and a fear of that. This season with places in SL2 up for grabs it appears to be self interest and no longer the interests of rugby league that is most important.

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

Dual registration refers to an arrangement between clubs whereby a player continues to be registered to his current First Utility Super League club and is also registered to play for a club in the Kingstone Press Championship. The system is aimed at young Super League players who are thought to be not quite ready to make the step up to ‘week in, week out’ Super League first team duties but for whom first team match experience is likely to be beneficial for their development.
had the RFL implemented some kind of legislation stipulating which players could be utilised for DR rather than a broad generalisation then all the controversy could have been avoided.i.e no Wood,Briers,Morley Bridge etc as well as other established first teamers who have featured for other clubs!

Edited by duffymoon, 08 April 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#9 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Oh god

#10 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

We've done to death the 'should we, shouldn't we' debate. I just find the statement 'fill your boots' quite absurd. You shouldn't have players dualing (no swords please) short term but you can have a whole team of loanees for a whole season!
For me you shouldn't be able to loan in if you've already loaned out. Where is the player development in that?
Nor take a player already d/r ed with another team in your division (sorry Jordan). It's bad enough having a parnership agreement with a club who loans to other clubs at the start of the season!

#11 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'll just point out one difference for all you 'intelligent' people.  Dual reg system allows you to have the likes of Briers and Morley play one week then return to their SL club the following week.  The loan system states that the initial loan period has to be for one month so you would not get someone coming to get match fit one week and going back the next, it wouldn't be allowed.............................however following the first month it can be week to week. 

Aside from that I hope MarwanK uses his 3 month exclusivity period to come up with acceptable plans for your new stadium and I assume he or one of his relatives taking control of your club later this year.  I assume that would be even more likely to happen if you can stay up, so good luck for the rest of the season.

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#12 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

So.... For us intelligent people.....not too much difference then. And worse than DR it is allowed between clubs in the same league who are competing against each other and thereby undermining the whole league competition. Demonic!

#13 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

I'll just point out one difference for all you 'intelligent' people. Dual reg system allows you to have the likes of Briers and Morley play one week then return to their SL club the following week. The loan system states that the initial loan period has to be for one month so you would not get someone coming to get match fit one week and going back the next, it wouldn't be allowed.............................however following the first month it can be week to week.

Aside from that I hope MarwanK uses his 3 month exclusivity period to come up with acceptable plans for your new stadium and I assume he or one of his relatives taking control of your club later this year. I assume that would be even more likely to happen if you can stay up, so good luck for the rest of the season.

Well I was feeling educated and you were doing so well until you spoiled it with an 'however........'
So there's no way said players could go to a club on loan whilst a few weeks away from injury, reach the weekly loan position, play 1 game to test fitness then return to the parent club then? Sounds the same to me!

Thanks for the best wishes btw.

Edited by LOYALION, 12 April 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#14 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

;)  The however was deliberate, I hate the system and all those who abuse it but not necessarily all who use it. They know who they are :onthequiet:

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#15 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

So there's no diff really then is there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users