Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Near Misses and Close Calls

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,723 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

1353522819_lucky_biker_misses_flying_mat

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#22 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

I almost married a girl from Batley.

It was a close shave.

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

I almost married a girl from Batley.

It was a close shave.

What razor did she use?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#24 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

What razor did she use?

Cut throat.

#25 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Saw something yesterday that left me dumbstruck.  I was taking my young nephew to the Billy Smart's Circus which for this week only is at Haydock Racecourse.  We were travelling along the A580 (East Lancs Road) which is a dual carriageway with a speed limit of 60mph that people regularly break.  There are no hard shoulders but instead there are kerbs running alongside, and it is frequented by tankers, articulated lorries and other heavy vehicles along with cars.  There are also roads that feed quite quickly on/off it.  All in all it is a very dangerous road.

I was travelling at around 50mph, as I have a very old car, behind a line of traffic going at around the same speed.  Suddenly a tanker in the overtaking lane came to a very speedy stop and my lane all came to a stop.  Some total idiot had allowed his dog to run on to the dual carriageway.  He had been walking it on the grass verge without a lead.  Mercifully there were no vehicles speeding up to us in our stationary state otherwise there could have been a massive pile up.

Thankfully too the dog was unharmed and I could prove that to my very anxious 8 year old nephew as the doofus who was allegedly responsible for the animal was carrying it very much alive in his arms as we scowled at him on our crawl past him.  He had retrieved it himself by walking out on to the dual carriageway.

#26 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Having picked up a new car some years ago, I set off early evening for an appointment with a client. Whilst stopped at traffic lights a driver behind had to brake suddenly and ended up adjacent to my car but on the pavement. It was hilarious looking at his sheepish looks but nevertheless a lucky escape from damage to my new car and possible injury. 

#27 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

In today's Mail there is a story of a car catching fire in the lion enclosure at Longleat Safari park.
A mother with a carload of kids. They decided to bale out of the car when flames appeared only to be told to get back in by the park rangers. The lions became curious and started to approach the car, fortunately the Rangers got to them in time and they piled into the rangers vehicle. It took 15 minutes for the fire brigade to dowse the fire, evidently the fire brigade were in some danger too.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#28 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

In today's Mail there is a story of a car catching fire in the lion enclosure at Longleat Safari park.
A mother with a carload of kids. They decided to bale out of the car when flames appeared only to be told to get back in by the park rangers. The lions became curious and started to approach the car, fortunately the Rangers got to them in time and they piled into the rangers vehicle. It took 15 minutes for the fire brigade to dowse the fire, evidently the fire brigade were in some danger too.

Just looked at pictures of the car ablaze and scary in itself, never mind the lions. A women and her two children were rescued and thankful for the bravery of the rangers. The article on the BBC website did say that the family were told to get back in the car, although it seems it wasn't on fire then. 

#29 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,830 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=npyo6GTuyz8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users