Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

So who is the Salford coach?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

It can't be good if chewie lewie is talking about taking legal advice.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#62 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

I remain unconvinced by Koukash. The one solid, sensible thing he's done was appoint Noble.

Now he's sacked him. God knows why.

Pro-RL is a small world. I think he'll struggle to attract credible people to Salford if he carries on like this.

That's me.  I'm done.

#63 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,855 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

I think he'll struggle to attract credible people to Salford if he carries on like this.

He already is.  That's why Harris is the coach.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#64 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

It can't be good if chewie lewie is talking about taking legal advice.

It seems a tad ungrateful to do that when he was given the job in Super League after a fairly lengthy exile.

I remain unconvinced by Koukash. The one solid, sensible thing he's done was appoint Noble.

I think he'll struggle to attract credible people to Salford if he carries on like this.

There didn't seem a long queue of other clubs pursuing Noble.

I seem to recall Wigan enjoyed a period of success since they and Noble parted company.Current double-holders at the moment.

Maguire and Wane give the appearance of being reasonably credible.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#65 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

And they don't work for Salford do they?

That's me.  I'm done.

#66 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

It seems a tad ungrateful to do that when he was given the job in Super League after a fairly lengthy exile.

There didn't seem a long queue of other clubs pursuing Noble.

I seem to recall Wigan enjoyed a period of success since they and Noble parted company.Current double-holders at the moment.

We don't know the whole story as usual from the good doctor,maybe just maybe he hasn't treated Noble that well and that could be why he's seeking legal advice.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#67 dibbley

dibbley
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

the legal advice will be to sort out the contract and how much the doc has to pay nobby probably.  unless there was a clause in there that stated the doc could replace him whenever he felt it.

#68 dibbley

dibbley
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

duplicate post, stoopid pooter

Edited by dibbley, 06 April 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#69 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

I wouldn't want to be employed by Dr. Death, that's for sure! One day you have a job and steer your team to a win in a tricky cup tie...........12 hours later you're sacked???????????????????????????????

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#70 brooza

brooza
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Noble has 48 (53) hours to accept his new role

http://www.theguardi...le-rugby-league

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#71 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Many of the posters on here make much of Noble's past glory as a coach, but the style of rugby on display by Salford over the last 18 months hasn't been easy to watch.

Last season he has the excuse of a poor squad. This season he has allowed 2 youngsters with talent to go on loan without the option of recall. The defensive game for which he has always been held in high esteam has been poor in most games. The team has managed to only play for 40 mins in too many games. There has been no attack, results seem to go in our way because the team we are facing made poor calls (Cas)

Some of the signings he has made leave me as a fan wondering what he was thinking. I thought the Doc might have sacked him after Easter if performances didn't pick up but I think the Director of Rugby is a role ideally suited to Noble.

I'm not sure about Harris and it does seem to be a long contract under the circumstances (end of 2016). Long is back full time and I hope to see improvements in the shape of our attacks.

#72 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Perhaps the Doc should fire himself as in his view he made the wrong appointment in Brian Noble, let him bring in 14 new players and oversee pre season training. Just not good enough, Marwan.

Edited by chrisl1, 09 April 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#73 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

Many of the posters on here make much of Noble's past glory as a coach, but the style of rugby on display by Salford over the last 18 months hasn't been easy to watch.

Last season he has the excuse of a poor squad. This season he has allowed 2 youngsters with talent to go on loan without the option of recall. The defensive game for which he has always been held in high esteam has been poor in most games. The team has managed to only play for 40 mins in too many games. There has been no attack, results seem to go in our way because the team we are facing made poor calls (Cas)

Some of the signings he has made leave me as a fan wondering what he was thinking. I thought the Doc might have sacked him after Easter if performances didn't pick up but I think the Director of Rugby is a role ideally suited to Noble.

I'm not sure about Harris and it does seem to be a long contract under the circumstances (end of 2016). Long is back full time and I hope to see improvements in the shape of our attacks.

From today's press conference it seems Marwan agrees entirely with what you're saying. The poor performance away at hull (and it was poor) looks like the straw that broke the camel's back, and even the much improved performance 6 days later in the cup match couldn't unbreak it.

They'd already been talking to Iestyn for a couple of weeks with a view to bring him in as assistant coach - so, presumably, Nobby was happy with this - but Marwan has decided to make him head coach and wants Nobby to take up the role of Director of Rugby. He insists this isn't a made up role, and has already identified some things he wants the Director to deal with. If Nobby doesn't accept the role, Marwan will fill it from elsewhere, possibly Australia.

We've gone from a situation of having a chairman/owner who was fiercely loyal to his staff - to the point of being sclerotic - to one who isn't going to die wondering. A real roller coaster ride, but I'm still enjoying it.

#74 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,566 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but:

Check out what are ostensibly Mark Bryant's tweets from the 4th and 5th April. Not for the fainthearted.

https://twitter.com/markbryant81

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#75 brooza

brooza
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but:

Check out what are ostensibly Mark Bryant's tweets from the 4th and 5th April. Not for the fainthearted.

https://twitter.com/markbryant81

What does it say?

Twitter blocked here

Edited by brooza, 11 April 2014 - 12:43 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#76 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,566 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

I don't want to quote it in case it's libellous.

#77 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

I don't want to quote it in case it's libellous.

Didn't see much libelous but maybe I'm looking at the wrong bit. 

Basically he doesn't think getting rid of Nobby for Iestyn Harris is a good idea as he thinks they went downhill when that happened at Crusaders. Also says Koukash should spend a million on a coach as that is the most important part of the team and exempt from the cap.

#78 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,566 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

Check out MB's recorded 04-04-2014 and 05-04-2014 correspondents; both former Crusaders players.

#79 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Nobby was obviously happy as Harris was to be his assistant. Harris has spent the last 2 years learning from Wane. Harris obvious upset Ryan O'Hara.

Seems the Doc and Nobby met up today for a coffee, think he will be good as Director of Football.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users