Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury (6) Wigan (58)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Had a fantastic day out with my missus, walked from Hecky to Leggers and then to Westy, Wetherspoons and up to Tetleys Stadium arriving over an hour before kick off. (I have to add I booked the day off work!).

And  I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed all of it despite the final scoreline.

I think we competed well for 60+ minutes against a very strong Wigan line up and the lads were an absolute credit to our club.

I am however going to state the obvious (a message for those championship clubs now aspiring to SuperDooper League). There is a massive gap between full time pros and part timers and it was made patently clear in the last twenty minutes, demonstrated by the speed of thought and sheer athleticism of the entire Wigan line up (albeit playing against a tired defence).

We should not allow the score against us to detract from the fact that we competed well, the stadium looked ace under floodlights, it was a good crowd, full and bouncing, the scoreboard worked, and hopefully some of the "occasional fans" may be enthused into attending more often.

There has been a lot of negativity on the forum recently. 

Time to be a bit more positive I think.

#2 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

Any news on Brown and Hyde with their injuries?

#3 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

What was the crowd

#4 jakJTB

jakJTB
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

i had a great night out at your club last night. brought the mrs to her first ever game and she loved it. 

you men played really well and kept us shut out quite well for the first 60 mins or so, i do feel like you had some dodgy decisions go against you from the officials (disallowed try etc) but for 60 mins you competed well against us. the atmosphere was brilliant down behind the sticks, we were stood with some of your fans who were having a good laugh with us and your mascot even got involved at some points. was great to see Karl Pryce laughing at some of our songs about him and giving us the thumbs up (none malicious) and overall a cracking game of rugby league!

the gap between super league and championship however was plane to see, although you played really well for the first 60 mins you could tell for the last 20 that we just went rampant, this is something that the rfl needs to come in and see what can be done to even out this gap!

overall thou, a class night in a great stadium with questionably tasting beer but with class opposition fans for banter! top draw Dauuusbuurryyy! Karl Pryce, Karl Pryce, Karl Pryce, Karl Pryce, Karl Pryce, He tucks his C##k into his sock! Karl Pryce! Karl Pryce Karl Pryce Karl Pryce! 

#5 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

We'll played Rams score line flattered them you did the championship proud

#6 Superdave

Superdave
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

What was the crowd

I think it was 3054. Plenty of space on the South Stand as a lot of the travelling support chose to use the new East Terrace. It did look good though!

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Excellent performance from the boys, unlucky with the disallowed try in the first half, nothing between the sides for 60 mins, hope Brown isn't too bad a injury. Even the electronic scoreboard was very professional last night, very done!!

#8 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Brown has got damaged knee ligaments I have heard.

I operate the scoreboard with Tom Coates and after terrible problems at the start of the season we have eventually got it fixed. So we can now use it to its full potential!

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#9 RALFERS08

RALFERS08
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

It was a brilliant night the ground looked great under the lights as has been said. The home crowd were bouncing and I thought the Wigan fans were great adding noise, humour and support for both teams.
On the pitch the Rams were immense in the first half especially, they gave us everything we asked for effort, heart and pride in the shirt. Wigan showed super league class and full time training counts in the end, good luck to them I'm sure they will go a long way in the cup this year.
Overall it was a huge success and the club has come away from this with nothing but positives from everyone who attended and the rugby community in general.
The bar has been raised very high after last night and I'm sure we can use that momentum to have a big season in the league and hopefully do some real damage in the playoffs! #UTR 🐑

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users