Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Benji Marshall to the Red Devils?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,585 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

It's spelt Sneyd lads. :drag:

We can't all be Salford's best halfback.
Posted Image

#82 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

We can't all be Salford's best halfback.

You know what,lifes too short.If that's how you want to behave,keep on going.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 10 April 2014 - 12:08 PM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#83 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

I think many RL fans overestimate the general public's knowledge of RU players.

They can name the big faces such as Wilkinson, or those appearing in the gossip pages (Henson) but many would struggle to pick others out in a line up.

After football most simply don't care. Salford have had footballers (Gary Neville, Aguero, Hart, Giggs) attending the ground in recent weeks and this would probably increase attendance if they attended games.

#84 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

Maybe I should have phrased it better,last season he was Salfords best halfback.

Theo Fages holds that distinction hands down. Sneyd spent loads of time at fullback and was a bit of a defensive liability despite some good games in attack.

#85 Vikingstorm

Vikingstorm
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Theo Fages holds that distinction hands down. Sneyd spent loads of time at fullback and was a bit of a defensive liability despite some good games in attack.

I think Salford as a place should be dissolved and Manchester should become a super City to Rival London

Salford Red devils should then become Manchester Red Devils

Having Salford and Manchester as two alleged cities makes no sense to anybody and if any two places needed to be one....this is surely it

[QUOTE]“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

#86 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

Based on what? He's struggled since coming over here, I look forward to seeing him against the likes of Leeds and Saints. It works both ways anyway, a plodder like Luke Burgess is considered a superstar in the NRL.

Bowen scored a wonderful try against London on Friday, his third long range try in the last 4 games.

#87 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

Bowen scored a wonderful try against London on Friday, his third long range try in the last 4 games.

I'm sure a lot of championship players could score long range tries against London.

#88 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

[quote name="RSN" post="2915663" timestamp="1397351940"]

I'm sure a lot of championship players could score long range tries against London.[/quote

And Cats to win the game and HKR. He's a good un.

#89 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

I'm kind of pleased that Bowen has started to do well even though I dislike Wigan. I never doubted that he would given how good he's been for how long. That said Catalans' defence was appalling on that occassion and they should easily have closed him down, and I'd have been worried if he didn't have the pace to get past Gardner in the Hull KR game. Still, good efforts all the same. If he can stay fit then he'll keep on producing the goods.

#90 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

And? Jamie O'Callaghan scored against Wigan, that doesn't stop him for being a Championship 1 standard player. 

#91 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,585 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

I think Salford as a place should be dissolved and Manchester should become a super City to Rival London

Salford Red devils should then become Manchester Red Devils

Having Salford and Manchester as two alleged cities makes no sense to anybody and if any two places needed to be one....this is surely it

Should they move the cities of Bradford and Wakefield into Leeds whilst they're at it?
Posted Image

#92 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

And? Jamie O'Callaghan scored against Wigan, that doesn't stop him for being a Championship 1 standard player. 

In my opinion, Bowen is a good player who has scored some.great tries already and will make a major contribution to another good season for Wigan. He may not do.so, of course, but I am pretty confident that he will be judged a better player than Jamie, whom I think is frequently unfairly maligned. Crazy notion, I know.

We'll see how it goes on Friday...

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 13 April 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#93 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

seems he is after getting out of union and back to the nrl could be back before the season is over.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#94 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

seems he is after getting out of union and back to the nrl could be back before the season is over.

there is a salary cap in both hemispheres i believe

#95 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

http://www1.skysport...y-to-rejoin-nrl

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#96 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

Read online today that the NRL have invited clubs to suggest inventive ways to sign Marshall to avoid another situation like the Folau episode at Parramatta.

I think we'll probably see a te paying him a small sum for this season, and whacked up over the next couple of seasons.

Surprised how many clubs have come out and said they're interested really.

The only chance Salford have of signing him is of this potential hurdle with Wests insisting on some form of compensation from any NRL club who signs him, which could mean Benji can't sign for an NRL club till 2015.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#97 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

he is a class player, and would do well in super league.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#98 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

Vossy has tweeted that it looks like Cronulla will sign him.

#99 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

Marshall will be a pretty risky signing for whoever he ends up joining. He hasn't been in top form for a long time now, and isn't likely to hit the heights of his earlier career again. Motivation is going to be an issue too. I'd imagine that he'll need to provide plenty of assurance that he still wants to play League, and isn't simply coming back because he got nowhere in Union which, lets be honest, is exactly how it looks.

I'm not saying he needs to trade off his name alone, he still has plenty to offer I'm sure. I don't believe that he'd be the blockbuster signing that he would have been in the past though. I wouldn't break the bank on him at this point as I think that as things stand he has a lot to prove.

Edited by MrFussy, 23 April 2014 - 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users