Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NWC TODAY

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Just like to say well done to all the players and coaching staff today that was a very good performance. The combinations with Kain and Moore and Ellis today made us look like a good team and kept us on the front foot I would say that the players also looked happy today talking to one another and congratulating each other when a player scored. The team wasn't weaker with the subs on so I would say that's our best 17 with Bostock Bussy and Roach waiting in the wings what are people's thoughts

Only negative from today was the attendance we should be getting 2000 regardless of who we play

#2 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

First 80 min performance of the season today

The side has got to begin to be a settled team now - Mendeika is a revelation alongside Sharp, Kain and Moore work at 6 and 7 with Briggs off the bench, The forwards interchange works - 2 big bulky forwards in Crossley and Hirst do the damage in the first 20 for the leaner and quicker pair of Dale and James to take over, has the best 17 been found?

NWC were bad today but they had no luck with the bounce of the ball either, but at times we were clinical and some great team tries in the second half

Hopefully not many changes if any at all for the Barrow game

#3 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

People were saying Kain and Moore were too much alike..so let them be alike..thats double trouble in my book; Much quicker with Kainy running the show; Best 17 by far; The passing game was excellent; Bet Hewer lost 2 stone keeping up with play; He had a good game by the way;

#4 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Like magic. I'm definatley buying the match dvd of that. Some passes were that quick I missed them. Super Fev have landed at last.

Bastian, you've found your 17.

Hewer never has a good game ;)

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Strong in every quarter. First class performance.

#6 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Do not let us be carried away. Not wishing to be negative, but NWC are a very mediocre team made up of journeymen. Our pack simply decimated their lightweights which allowed our halves to cut them to ribbons. Different kettle of fish against Leigh and will have to be on top of our game. I thought that towards the end, Hewer appeared intent upon giving them a sympathy try.

#7 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Just like to say well done to all the players and coaching staff today that was a very good performance. The combinations with Kain and Moore and Ellis today made us look like a good team and kept us on the front foot I would say that the players also looked happy today talking to one another and congratulating each other when a player scored. The team wasn't weaker with the subs on so I would say that's our best 17 with Bostock Bussy and Roach waiting in the wings what are people's thoughts

Only negative from today was the attendance we should be getting 2000 regardless of who we play

Matty Dale's not a prop in a million years, although it would be good if some of those that are drove the ball in with his determination. And, can anyone tell me what Uaisele offers that Saxton doesn't?

#8 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

Today's was the most complete game I've ever seen from Andy Kain, his kicking game in the final third has come on leaps and bounds from previous seasons (he's not a big, pressure-relieving kicker though), his creativity has improved, and that try-saving tackle near our line in the first half was top drawer. The addition of him and Mendeika has made a world of difference.  

#9 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Do not let us be carried away. Not wishing to be negative, but NWC are a very mediocre team made up of journeymen. Our pack simply decimated their lightweights which allowed our halves to cut them to ribbons. Different kettle of fish against Leigh and will have to be on top of our game. I thought that towards the end, Hewer appeared intent upon giving them a sympathy try.

what more could we have done?

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#10 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 649 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Well, you gave us a lesson in how to play rugby league yesterday. Far quicker and stronger and Crusaders were no match for Rovers. A superb all-round team performance. I thought we were lucky to get nil!!

Many many thanks to Fetherstone fans fro a warm welcome and superb hospitality. I enjoyed the day out in Featherstone - apart from the result of course. We may not be many in number but we like to make ourselves heard.

Best of luck in the next round of the Challenge Cup.

#11 mrsnfk

mrsnfk
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Gogledd, You and the rest  of the nwc fans did your side proud and so nice that you had a good day with us at Featherstone I for 1 will look forward to our next match.

#12 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

what more could we have done?

We did what we had to do OR and we did it splendidly. What I am trying to put across, is the fact that, with all due respect, we were facing a sub-standard side filled with journeymen who have had more clubs than Nick Faldo.

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Matty Dale's not a prop in a million years, although it would be good if some of those that are drove the ball in with his determination. And, can anyone tell me what Uaisele offers that Saxton doesn't?

Matty Dale is playing the best ov seen him play and I agree runs it in better than our starting props Whether he is a prop or not he holds his own in that position as does Matt James although we could agree he's not a prop As for Saxton he won't be playing again for Fev with the coaching staff we have unless there is a few injuries but I agree with you on that one. The reason I started the thread was the fact that the team looked like they were enjoying the game and played for the full 80 which I haven't seen this season and a lot of us have been commenting how unhappy we were with them so it's only right we comment when they have played well

#14 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

And, can anyone tell me what Uaisele offers that Saxton doesn't?

He gets the women foaming.

#15 lister baths

lister baths
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

kain n moor worked well today,so did ellis and flanny.matt james run well and tackled awesome when
he came on.matty dale always gets through a lot of work but never breakes the line.bostock does

Edited by Maureen T-k, 08 April 2014 - 07:10 AM.
Text speak

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Dale for me

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#17 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Matty Dale is playing the best ov seen him play and I agree runs it in better than our starting props Whether he is a prop or not he holds his own in that position as does Matt James although we could agree he's not a prop As for Saxton he won't be playing again for Fev with the coaching staff we have unless there is a few injuries but I agree with you on that one. The reason I started the thread was the fact that the team looked like they were enjoying the game and played for the full 80 which I haven't seen this season and a lot of us have been commenting how unhappy we were with them so it's only right we comment when they have played well

I wasn't criticising Matty, as I rate him very highly and he did a great job on Sunday - I just don't think he's a prop. History shows that playing players regularly out of position eventually bites you on the backside.

#18 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

He gets the women foaming.

Ahhh..... :tongue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users