• 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Does he?

#3 raceman

raceman
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Yes I thought it was quite embarrassing aswell the way lomax threw his legs up in the air to get Ferres sent off. Obviously he thought that was the only way for saints to get back into the game if the Giants went down to 12 men. It's getting too much like football with all the play acting.

#4 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Does he?

Yes he does, that tackle made me feel sick.

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,198 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

Yes I thought it was quite embarrassing aswell the way lomax threw his legs up in the air to get Ferres sent off. Obviously he thought that was the only way for saints to get back into the game if the Giants went down to 12 men. It's getting too much like football with all the play acting.

And the way he hurled himself headfirst into the ground was just disgusting. ;) 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Awful to watch.
Needs banning for a long, long time.

Totally agree, make it so players won't even think about making a sickening tackle like that ever again. 4-6 matches for me.

#7 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,051 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Totally agree, make it so players won't even think about making a sickening tackle like that ever again. 4-6 matches for me.

So what would you give for this?

btw he got three, Ropati was out for 12 weeks.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#8 raceman

raceman
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

And the way he hurled himself headfirst into the ground was just disgusting. ;)

And really stupid, he could have hurt himself doing that.

#9 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

I thought 6-8 but would probably go with 6. Thank goodness that Johnny is alright. Sicekening is an appropriate word.

#10 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

So what would you give for this?

btw he got three, Ropati was out for 12 weeks.

More than 3 matches anyway, I'd have given chase about 10 matches at least for that disgraceful "tackle"

#11 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

I'd go with 8 matches to make a statement.

#12 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

They will bottle it and give him 2 matches.

#13 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I thought 6-8 but would probably go with 6. Thank goodness that Johnny is alright. Sicekening is an appropriate word.

Indeed, tackles like that make my heart stop. Rugby league is tough enough without acts of madness like that.

#14 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

Bonkers barmy tackle but was there malicious intent?.......I doubt he was trying to do that on purpose, particularly after the sickening injury in Australia last week. I think it was a brain explosion and he deserves his sending off and a banning but I do see a difference here between a poorly effected tackle that could end up with an injury versus a deliberate attack to someones head/face that results in injury

#15 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,198 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Bonkers barmy tackle but was there malicious intent?.......I doubt he was trying to do that on purpose, particularly after the sickening injury in Australia last week. I think it was a brain explosion and he deserves his sending off and a banning but I do see a difference here between a poorly effected tackle that could end up with an injury versus a deliberate attack to someones head/face that results in injury

Ferres has never struck me as a malicious player, but the match was helter-skelter and I imagine he was not the only man on the pitch acting on pure instinct/panic/adrenaline. He deserves the red card and a ban for a few matches, but I seriously doubt he'd have done that deliberately.

Edited by Futtocks, 06 April 2014 - 04:32 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#16 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

When you lift somebody up in the air, turn them upside down and drive their head into the ground for me that's intentional.

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Why did Wellens come in and start on Kopjak, who hadn't had a part in the tackle? Wellens should have got a yellow card as well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

If he'd lifted him and lost his grip and Lomax had fell awkwardly I'd have some sympathy. Instead he drove him into the ground I'd expect a hefty ban.

#19 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,051 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

If he'd lifted him and lost his grip and Lomax had fell awkwardly I'd have some sympathy. Instead he drove him into the ground I'd expect a hefty ban.

There was a very similar incident in the 2011 CC Final Wigan v Leeds which didn't even result in a yellow card IIRC.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#20 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

He went in for a reverse lift, what did he think was going to happen? Should be season ban and on a warning for next season!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users