Now for the league

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

It seems that we were very close today with another crucial try disallowed?  I just wish we would stop getting caught cold at the start of the 2nd half, especially.  Playing catch up against  the best teams isn't easy, even if we did well today.   However, two very good performances against the much fancied Leigh augur well for continuation of the league campaign. The next 4 games, with 3 at home, are so crucial, so let's hope we can hit them running.

#2 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

We need to get smart. When we turned down 3 kickable penaltis, and proceeded to lose the ball on the first tackle it really did my head in. Who we did miss was Dave Llewellyn who doesnt drop the ball.

However 3 pts next week against Haven without a bonus pt would get us off the bottom so heres hoping we can do it.

#3 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

I'm not so sure we should have gone for goal we had Leigh on the rack and were 6pts behind at the time, hindsights a wonderful thing after the event.

We bossed the 2nd half for long periods but so frustrating when we knocked on at least 3 times in the Leigh 25 when we had a real head of steam up. i can't help but think if Leigh had that many chances in same position we'd have been out of the game as they'd have scored.

In my view today was a case if us losing it rarther than Leigh winning it in that 2nd half, I guess Leigh's greater experience and general nouse told in the end they just looked that little bit better in general, but we certainly had them pinned under the cosh for long periods and should really have taken the chances we had.

Another poisitve performance for Hornets, full of grit and determination and no little skill but in the end composure let us down at key times. I hope these last 3 performances means we've found the required level and keep it going.

Ref had a baffling afternoon (for both teams may I add) the disallowed try was a shocker, especially as he gave us head n feed at the scrum.

Dissapointed but ever encouraged!

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

First lets get the 'disallowed try' issue sorted out.  From the decision he obviously saw the original Leigh knock on and then one of our players did the same hence no try and Hornets head & feed. 

Now the performance.  I was proud to be a Hornet today as we went behind twice but never gave in.  We kept battling and at times we were the better team but there was that underlying fear that Leigh would start to hit the straps again.  Leigh were bigger and faster but Hornets were not going to be cowed and stood up to them.

As I sat in reception waiting for my taxi home their was a steady stream of people coming through who all showed their appreciation and praised the game we had just produced.  There is little doubt that Leigh will be in the top 3 this season and to say we've caused them problems two weeks in a row.

Ian Talbot must be a very proud man tonight.

Now to the next group of games and if we can put some more points on the board who knows what we can do by theseason end.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

First lets get the 'disallowed try' issue sorted out.  From the decision he obviously saw the original Leigh knock on and then one of our players did the same hence no try and Hornets head & feed. 

Now the performance.  I was proud to be a Hornet today as we went behind twice but never gave in.  We kept battling and at times we were the better team but there was that underlying fear that Leigh would start to hit the straps again.  Leigh were bigger and faster but Hornets were not going to be cowed and stood up to them.

As I sat in reception waiting for my taxi home their was a steady stream of people coming through who all showed their appreciation and praised the game we had just produced.  There is little doubt that Leigh will be in the top 3 this season and to say we've caused them problems two weeks in a row.

Ian Talbot must be a very proud man tonight.

Now to the next group of games and if we can put some more points on the board who knows what we can do by theseason end.

Pugwash.

I was in that half Puggy with a good view of the incident, if we did knock on I didn't see it. Their guy dropped the ball, our guy picked it up and dived over in my view. Same with the kick their guy knocked into touch, they still got the decision from that and scored off the resulting play.

#6 cjp0349

cjp0349
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Sorry I'm a bit late coming in on this one but I was at the game on Sunday and was told after the match by a Hornets official that the refs. explanation of the incident was that the Leigh player was tackled and lost the ball as he was getting up to play it which explains the head and feed at the resultant scrum to Hornets but for those of us who had a good view of what happened is just rubbish and one of numerous baffling decisions, both ways, on the day. The Leigh player plainly failed to gather the loose ball which went free, play on...try to Hornets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users