Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Footy Show

Can only get one

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Really enjoying watching the Fatty Vautin episodes on Premier Sports but can find the Matty Johns one
Anybody know how to find/get it

#2 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Premier don't carry mattys johns' show, he hasn't been on the footy show since he resigned when involved in a bit of a scandal a few years ago

#3 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

acrossthetasman

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#4 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Premier don't carry mattys johns' show, he hasn't been on the footy show since he resigned when involved in a bit of a scandal a few years ago

Fair do's, seems strange that Fatty and the crew advertise The Matty Johns programme on their show,after Johns wanted Fatty sacked

#5 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

Fair do's, seems strange that Fatty and the crew advertise The Matty Johns programme on their show,after Johns wanted Fatty sacked

They don't. The promo for the Johns programme only comes up during the Monday match which Fox Sports do. The Footy Show is on Channel 9. Matty Johns show always follows after the Monday night game. 

#6 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Isn't Ray Hadley just as you imagined him to be, even if you'd never heard of him?

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#7 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Isn't Ray Hadley just as you imagined him to be, even if you'd never heard of him?

I'm imagining a cross between Ray Davies and Tony Hadley, am I close?

#8 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

I'm imagining a cross between Ray Davies and Tony Hadley, am I close?

Tony Hadley was a Tory pretty boy. RH is just a miserable old t##t. He's also jealous of Andrew Voss.

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#9 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

They don't. The promo for the Johns programme only comes up during the Monday match which Fox Sports do. The Footy Show is on Channel 9. Matty Johns show always follows after the Monday night game.

OK cheers mate on premier sports i did'nt look who the host broadcaster is,
Is the Matty Johns show anygood,of similar content to the footy show and what ratings are like for like against Fattys show

#10 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

OK cheers mate on premier sports i did'nt look who the host broadcaster is,
Is the Matty Johns show anygood,of similar content to the footy show and what ratings are like for like against Fattys show

Never seen the Johns show so I couldn't comment, but the ratings would be difficult to compare because of the channels they're on. The Footy Show is on a free to air channel while Matty Johns is on their equivalent of Sky. The Johns show got 118,000 viewers for this weeks programme - the 3rd most watched show on pay TV in Aus on Monday (Cowboys v Knights was top).

Last Thursdays Footy Show pulled in 227,000 in Sydney and 133,000 in Brisbane. Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth get an AFL version of the Footy Show at the same time, with the NRL version shown afterwards. In Sydney and Brisbane they show the AFL Footy Show after the NRL one. 

#11 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

Never seen the Johns show so I couldn't comment, but the ratings would be difficult to compare because of the channels they're on. The Footy Show is on a free to air channel while Matty Johns is on their equivalent of Sky. The Johns show got 118,000 viewers for this weeks programme - the 3rd most watched show on pay TV in Aus on Monday (Cowboys v Knights was top).

Last Thursdays Footy Show pulled in 227,000 in Sydney and 133,000 in Brisbane. Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth get an AFL version of the Footy Show at the same time, with the NRL version shown afterwards. In Sydney and Brisbane they show the AFL Footy Show after the NRL one.

Wow complicated

#12 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

Wow complicated

That's probably just the way I explained it!!! Suffice to say, the NRL version of the Footy Show is only shown live in NSW and Queensland. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users