Swinton away, Sunday 13th April KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Ricochet you bitter much? The players that won the game are swinton players on contract Menzies, Johnson, brown only kev penny who was a swinton player last year anyway as was Riley. Reality is anyone could surprise anyone

#42 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

And now for something completely different! REALITY!

Swinton 37 Dewsbury 31

:tease:

Enjoy your win, I bet you don't see many of those!

#43 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Well played swinton you wanted it more than us,one of our ex players scoring winning try! Let's not get into this duel reg business that would take away what swinton did today. Mark Richardson Richie Hawkyard didn't come from amateurs he played for bulls

#44 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

A good win for Swinton, but a couple of posts on here would be more appropriate to winning the league not a Round 7 game! And that's from a Batley fan!

I suspect it will still be a struggle for the Lions to still finish in the top 9, but results like today's can obviously only help towards that.

#45 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Well played swinton you wanted it more than us,one of our ex players scoring winning try! Let's not get into this duel reg business that would take away what swinton did today. Mark Richardson Richie Hawkyard didn't come from amateurs he played for bulls

I know. ..are you holding that against me? Hes been here since 2006 ...I was merely pointing out the DR argument doesn't hold water against your team of stars put together at great cost as opposed to our cobbled together team of grafters.

Edited by mark richardson, 13 April 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#46 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Ricochet you bitter much? The players that won the game are swinton players on contract Menzies, Johnson, brown only kev penny who was a swinton player last year anyway as was Riley. Reality is anyone could surprise anyone

Not bitter mate, just fed up with the same old same old at dewsbury. If the bulls weren't on their arses we'd have some dual reg players too. Congrats on your win today and look forward to playing you at ours. A wins a win as they say.

Ricochet!

#47 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Ritchie has played for played for the Slaithwaite Saracens during the semi-pro off season alongside Darren Hawkyard. But he came up through the Bulls ranks and not from an amateur team.

#48 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Ffs!

#49 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

And now for something completely different! REALITY!

Swinton 37 Dewsbury 31

:tease:

you are a complete pratt.....i guess you dont win too many matches ?.......LOL

#50 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Ffs!

Here here. They won, we lost, that's sport. Bring on the dogs. We can all have a moan when/if we lose again. After all it's what we're good at!!

Ricochet!

#51 Tess

Tess
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Great match today. We may have won (and it was anyone's 5 mins from the end) but it takes 2 teams to make a game.
Nice to be part of a good atmosphere....not like the hostile York fans last week!
The tables might be turned in a few weeks when we play at yours but fingers crossed it's as exciting and close as today.
Posted ImageScorecast Champion 2005!!

Come on You Lions!!

#52 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

4 wins out of the last 5 games actually. The defeat was away at Featherstone.

However you are correct, Blue Monkey is a prat.

And every game IS a cup final for Swinton.... Nowt wrong with that as the players put it on the line every week.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#53 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

There's some good posts on here,but let's move on now it's getting boring. Let's just say swinton had a good mix of players amateurs,duel reg & players you've signed from other clubs,look forward to return fixture

#54 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

And here is the footage from today's game:

http://t.co/V7C5cQTxWC

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 13 April 2014 - 09:07 PM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#55 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

And here is the footage from today's game:

http://t.co/V7C5cQTxWC

No thanks this is a game I don't want to watch again.

#56 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

I enjoyed that especially the last try by our old player it was a cracker :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#57 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Where's your sense of humour?

Plain to see, you're just a bad loser. It's just a game - you win some, you lose some - don't upset yourself.

#58 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

Where's your sense of humour?

Plain to see, you're just a bad loser. It's just a game - you win some, you lose some - don't upset yourself.

Just so you dont look any dafter RPH is a Batley fan and yes they won today.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#59 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Just proves you've got to turn up in this league. Think the players are expecting a win at times eg whitehaven at home to. You can't go into games thinking it's a easy conclusion simple don't turn up you won't win in this league.
Big match on Friday two teams in not so good form makes for a good derby match hopefully we can end out derby hoodoo.

#60 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

Just proves you've got to turn up in this league. Think the players are expecting a win at times eg whitehaven at home to. You can't go into games thinking it's a easy conclusion simple don't turn up you won't win in this league.
Big match on Friday two teams in not so good form makes for a good derby match hopefully we can end out derby hoodoo.

Wasn't there, sunning myself in Florida, but more than just jimbo saying don't turn up and you don't win. I agree and this is the most disappointing aspect of our game under GM. We just don't turn up consistently. I am sure it worries him more than us, but finding the answer is massively important. We can't win at Donny, at home to Fev and then loose home games to Whitehaven ! Would be gobsmacked if we turn the doggies over, but me being thousands of miles away makes it a possibility. Don't like the sound of the injury situation mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users