BENJI MARSHALL

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Dr Koukash has stated he wants to sign Benji Marshall who is apparantly unhappy in Rugby Union. Bobbie Goulding hints at dual reg partnership with Salford. Benji Marshall signs for Barrow and keeps us in the Championship ! Sorted !!!!

Posted Image

#2 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

well that would give us one half back who can give a good ball to put the forwards through gaps never seen a half back get caught as much with the ball as yesterday

#3 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

So what would everybody's thoughts be on going down the dual reg path? I personally think it might be our only option to help stay in this league. We could do with hock and chase whipping everyone into shape! Lol

#4 barrycotton2010

barrycotton2010
  • Facebook
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Yea hock doc and bobby sounds likethe three stooges

#5 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

I'm personally not a fan of dual reg but it might be the only way of staying up this year. Is it just me or does Kouckash remind anyone else of DJ, the way he go's about things?

#6 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

So what would everybody's thoughts be on going down the dual reg path? I personally think it might be our only option to help stay in this league. We could do with hock and chase whipping everyone into shape! Lol

I'd rather go down to be honest. I just think we haven't made an effort to stay up this year. Surely people must of seen the level other clubs were recruiting at and realised how much tougher this league was going to be this year, not to mention the 5 relegation spots.

The thing which annoyed me with the whole DR thing is clubs with much weaker squads were beating teams who had done their best to pull together a good squad. I don't want to lend SL players to win games I don't think it is the right way to go and is unfair on the likes of Dewsbury, Doncaster ect who have been working hard to assemble a squad who can compete with the best of the Championship.

#7 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'm personally not a fan of dual reg but it might be the only way of staying up this year. Is it just me or does Kouckash remind anyone else of DJ, the way he go's about things?

Koukash is much more well off than Des. Although I can see the comparison.

#8 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Yes, and it will all end in tears.
I predict that when he walks away( blaming the RFL) Salford will be deep in the mire.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#9 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

I am not a fan of DR :( but if it is the only way we will have a cat in hells chance of staying up I will have to bite the bullet and put up with it :(

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Don't like DR but if you cant beat em join em I say ??

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#11 TRADER

TRADER
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Giving in to the concept of DR has never been easier.

Edited by TRADER, 07 April 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#12 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I agree with plan of attack , I'm not a fan of DR either  but I cant see any other option , people don't want to pay to watch a losing team do they( except die hards of which im one ) so if gates drop so does the club income therefore we cant afford quality players so we get beat again its a vicious circle ! DR might be the only way sadly

#13 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Not a fan of DR and personally I would rather see our team playing even if that means going down, I don't believe that going down will be the death of the club like some seem to think. Going DR and still losing that truely would kill the attendance figures.

If we are going to abuse the DR system like other clubs have done I will be really glad that I haven't bought a season ticket this year.

I guess that I will have to wait and see.

#14 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

The question is how low would our gates go if we had a season like 2005. I'm really not sure. We have nearly been averaging 1400 in the league this year albeit only two of our better away support games have been played. If they start going towards 700 because we are getting beaten heavily then the whole buying a cheap squad would of been pointless. We also have to realise that as there is 5 relegation places our season could easily be over with 6 or 7 games to go if we have a very poor one. Are non season ticket holders going to attend games when they are meaningless? It's going to be hard to sell it to them.

DR may be the only option but who would we tie up with? Leeds, Saints, Wigan and Wire are all taken. I'd prefer we went with loan signings to be honest. If we are going to try get SL youngsters I'd rather we got Shaw, Richards, Singleton ect as I feel they would be representing the town better as they are local rather than other youngsters. Maybe we could beg to get Gardner on loan from Saints or look to purchase him? Big changes need to be made to the squad to stay up.

Only time will tell what will happen.
  • mjc likes this

#15 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

I've always been against DR but I tend to agree with others on here that something must be done very quickly to stop the slide. The gates in CH1 are abysmal and are usually well below 1,000. Once the home gates fall it is difficult to get them up again. I thin we are still benefitting from gates created 5 years ago but they can vanish very quickly.

Posted Image

#16 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

I think it's a case of shutting the gate after the horse has bolted as far as DR is concerned. All the SL clubs with sufficient numbers in there playing staff are already DR with a Championship club. Next season IMO we will see DR die a natural death with SL clubs being relegated so there will be fewer clubs, promotion/relegation will play a major part also in the future of DR.
The problems started when we lost Haggarty, one of our most experienced players, I am not knocking the players we have in exchange they give 100% in every game but lack experience. We should have kept hold of Haggarty and built around him and our other senior players

#17 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

I think it's a case of shutting the gate after the horse has bolted as far as DR is concerned. All the SL clubs with sufficient numbers in there playing staff are already DR with a Championship club. Next season IMO we will see DR die a natural death with SL clubs being relegated so there will be fewer clubs, promotion/relegation will play a major part also in the future of DR.
The problems started when we lost Haggarty, one of our most experienced players, I am not knocking the players we have in exchange they give 100% in every game but lack experience. We should have kept hold of Haggarty and built around him and our other senior players

and that as they say just about sums it up !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users