is this the start

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

No super league games this Sunday . Not bad when you think its packed with football on Sunday this week . Could Friday nights become super league nights for all clubs in the near future ? The only draw back I can see is that sky have live super league match on Friday nights as well . Would be great to see a soccer Saturday format for rugby league on Friday night . With no super league Sunday CHAMPIONSHIP  clubs should be looking to cash in offer some deals to get super league fans through the turn styles .  

Chief Crazy Eagle

#2 stevietomato

stevietomato
  • Facebook
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

I hope not. It's ok for derby games but if you've got to travel any distance on a Friday night on the M62 it's a nightmare.

I can't see my team, Cas, changing to regular Friday nights.

#3 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

This does wind me up. I love Sunday and think the aggregation of rugby on one afternoon is crucial for exposure of the game. One Friday game on Sky, another on Saturday evening at a stretch, then all other games on Sunday afternoon would be my choice.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#4 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

I myself an not in favour of Thursday and Friday matches, weekend games are the best way to go . Maybe RL could look at playing early games Saturday and Sunday lunch times for live TV games with the rest 3 o clockish on Sunday .    

Chief Crazy Eagle

#5 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

Standard practice week before Easter. Spread the games out over the busy period

#6 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

It feels like there have been a larger than average number of Sunday games so far - compared to previous seasons.

#7 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

No super league games this Sunday . Not bad when you think its packed with football on Sunday this week . Could Friday nights become super league nights for all clubs in the near future ? The only draw back I can see is that sky have live super league match on Friday nights as well . Would be great to see a soccer Saturday format for rugby league on Friday night . With no super league Sunday CHAMPIONSHIP  clubs should be looking to cash in offer some deals to get super league fans through the turn styles .  

Don't you think that not playing on a Sunday is wise given that Easter weekend is coming up the following weekend?

#8 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 842 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

I'm not in favour of Friday night matches unless you're on Sky, having 4/5 matches on a Friday night is silly imo. I think there should be a set day for RL, my preference would be Sundays at 3 and then the live Sky games and the Catalans home games on a different day.

#9 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Does this thread happen every year?!

Its Easter weekend next week as others have said. So they're giving the players as much rest time before then as possible.

#10 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Does this thread happen every year?!

Its Easter weekend next week as others have said. So they're giving the players as much rest time before then as possible.

Dad, why aren't there any Superleague games this Sunday?  ;)

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

I hope not. It's ok for derby games but if you've got to travel any distance on a Friday night on the M62 it's a nightmare.

I can't see my team, Cas, changing to regular Friday nights.

Cas were regular Friday nighters when I was a lad.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#12 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

I myself an not in favour of Thursday and Friday matches, weekend games are the best way to go . Maybe RL could look at playing early games Saturday and Sunday lunch times for live TV games with the rest 3 o clockish on Sunday .    

Why do that when the premierleagueball has one of those slots.

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#13 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

I'm happy with Thursday and Friday night games on Sky.

I do however prefer to watch Hull KR on a Saturday afternoon - perfect time for me!

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS, 08 April 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#14 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

Why do that when the premierleagueball has one of those slots.

no premier league in June or July though

Chief Crazy Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users