League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sean O'Loughlin v Paul Sculthorpe - which one was better?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Sculthorpe the more skillful player i would say, with the ability to do something special to change a game. SOL i would say is more comparable to K Sinfield, both very good players  whose influence on their team could be their best quality, Farrell is another i would put in that bracket.

Too long since the Wild Bull played to compare him, it was a complete different set of skills,

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#62 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

What was the question again, who do you support Wigan or Saints was it?

I don't support or favour either over the other

#63 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

What was the question again, who do you support Wigan or Saints was it?

It seems to be whether you support Wigan or whether you support anyone else.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#64 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

It seems to be whether you support Wigan or whether you support anyone else.

No, it doesn't.
I like the idea of loose forward death match. Lockers beats Langley, but how would Reilly fare against Knocker? Price versus Pearce? We've seen some greats.

#65 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

andy farrell or vinty karalius 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#66 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

No, it doesn't.
I like the idea of loose forward death match. Lockers beats Langley, but how would Reilly fare against Knocker? Price versus Pearce? We've seen some greats.

The non Saints or Wigan fans have overwhelmingly gone for Sculthorpe, so it is Wigan vs Everyone really.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#67 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

What does that even mean, more honest?
For me it's sculthorpe by a distance. O'loughlin is a very good player,very solid and rarely let's his team down. But he's quite "functional" when compared to sculthorpe.

I guess what I mean is that Sculthorpe was a niggler, an aggravator, always pushing the rules, trying to influence the referee, sneaky trouble casuer, a bit like Graham Bradley for us. In many ways I sometimes thought that the behaviour of some of the players in that great Saints side was nearer to soccer than RL.

SOL is a lesser player than Sculthorpe was, but I prefer his attitude. The OP question wasn't who was the best player. If it was then I don't think there would be much of a debate.

Edited by Konkrete, 09 April 2014 - 05:57 PM.

Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#68 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

I guess what I mean is that Sculthorpe was a niggler, an aggravator, always pushing the rules, trying to influence the referee, sneaky trouble casuer, a bit like Graham Bradley for us. In many ways I sometimes thought that the behaviour of some of the players in that great Saints side was nearer to soccer than RL.

SOL is a lesser player than Sculthorpe was, but I prefer his attitude. The OP question wasn't who was the best player. If it was then I don't think there would be much of a debate.

I liked that part of his game tbh. He was the sort of player that you love when he's playing for you and hate when he's playing against you.

#69 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

I liked that part of his game tbh. He was the sort of player that you love when he's playing for you and hate when he's playing against you.

Absolutely. See James Lowes for details...
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users