Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tomkins to Salford (Logan not Sam)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

Unfortunately not Sam but Logan has signed on for a month's loan. Not sure if there are any problems with the Tommy Lee/Theo Fages sharing of the hooker role as that seemed to be developing OK last I saw of it.

Harris' first move since taking over and it seems he mustn't have left Wigan under much of a cloud if they are willing to loan him players immediately.

http://www.thereddev...m-tomkins-loan/

#2 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

Seems like a bit of an odd signing to me, although nothing is that surprising where Salford are concerned these days.

I assume that he's been signed as short term cover for an injury to one of the players you mentioned? I can't imagine the Dr being happy to have to resort to loans without good reason. That's taking nothing away from Tomkins of course. I'm sure he'll do a good job for you in the time he's there.

Edited by MrFussy, 08 April 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#3 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

Seems like a bit of an odd signing to me, although nothing is that surprising where Salford are concerned these days.

I assume that he's been signed as short term cover for an injury to one of the players you mentioned? I can't imagine the Dr being happy to have to resort to loans without good reason. That's taking nothing away from Tomkins of course. I'm sure he'll do a good job for you in the time he's there.

Not necessarily as odd as you think. We have lacked a bit of fizz around dummy half so far this season. Tommy Lee has been pretty impressive in every other aspect of his game, but doesn't seem to quite have enough spark at dummy half itself. Theo moved to that position recently and seemed to take to the position really well, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see Tommy Lee move to loose forward with Tomkins and Theo sharing the dummy half role. This could be a loan with a view to a permanent deal.

#4 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

Not necessarily as odd as you think. We have lacked a bit of fizz around dummy half so far this season. Tommy Lee has been pretty impressive in every other aspect of his game, but doesn't seem to quite have enough spark at dummy half itself. Theo moved to that position recently and seemed to take to the position really well, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see Tommy Lee move to loose forward with Tomkins and Theo sharing the dummy half role. This could be a loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Fair enough mate. I've no idea what Wigan's plans are for Logan but with Mcllorum tied down long term and Sam Powell emerging it could be that they'd be open to such a move.

Fages has looked impressive in your TV performances so far. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the future.

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Salford, much like my own club, have a long and proud history of signing the wrong brother.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

So, Logan's run at Wigan has ended, at least for the time being...

#7 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

So, Logan's run at Wigan has ended, at least for the time being...

They've still almost got Blake's seven if you they can swap him and Matty Smith around

#8 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

They've still almost got Blake's seven if you they can swap him and Matty Smith around

Not much of a trek to the AJ Bell from Wigan. Can Logan become one of the next generation at Salford?

#9 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Not much of a trek to the AJ Bell from Wigan. Can Logan become one of the next generation at Salford?

And who will sign this next generation? I think I mean which Dr who will sign them. And they could be Heroes.

#10 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Some may see this use of the salary cap space as an oddity but Logan could prove to be the Red Divils' starman.

#11 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

strange thread this, dr who, matt smith, logans run, blakes seven :laugh:

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Err, bring back Simon Finnigan. :unsure:

Just a quick question for Salford fans, can anyone confirm which squad number Dominic Manfredi wore? I've read it's either 33 or 34. Much abliged.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Just a quick question for Salford fans, can anyone confirm which squad number Dominic Manfredi wore? I've read it's either 33 or 34. Much abliged.

33. Two tries in his one appearance but then he broke so, presumably, he's gone back to Wigan as damaged goods.

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

33. Two tries in his one appearance but then he broke so, presumably, he's gone back to Wigan as damaged goods.

Cheers,

As you were...

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

He's still listed in the 2014 Squad page on Salford's site for what that's worth. As Tomkins isn't listed yet, I guess it's not worth much.

I think Manfredi was down for initially a month's loan and that must be virtually up, obviously not going to extend that if he's crocked. Pity as he looked good in his brief time on the pitch

Talking of Salford's website, am I the only one to have problems with it? It looks pretty but the links for tickets to away matches never work. I'm still yet to see a link for the Magic Weekend tickets, the links for that must have dropped into the twilight zone, Anyone bought these yet from Salford, do I have to (physically) go to the ticket office? I've seen the links on other club's websites, just not Salford's, it's a real (space) oddity.

Was going to try and work in a final sci-fi reference in for Red Dwarf for the little Koukash mascot but haven't got the wit this close to bedtime.

#16 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

what about lee and howarth  kockrash will ruin the club with his knee jerk reactions 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#17 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

what about lee and howarth  kockrash will ruin the club with his knee jerk reactions

Yes , cos it was perfect until he took control. ?...

#18 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

That's disappointing. I'd hoped the puerile mis-spelling of his name was confined to RLFans, but sadly not.

#19 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

He's still listed in the 2014 Squad page on Salford's site for what that's worth. As Tomkins isn't listed yet, I guess it's not worth much.

I think Manfredi was down for initially a month's loan and that must be virtually up, obviously not going to extend that if he's crocked. Pity as he looked good in his brief time on the pitch

Talking of Salford's website, am I the only one to have problems with it? It looks pretty but the links for tickets to away matches never work. I'm still yet to see a link for the Magic Weekend tickets, the links for that must have dropped into the twilight zone, Anyone bought these yet from Salford, do I have to (physically) go to the ticket office? I've seen the links on other club's websites, just not Salford's, it's a real (space) oddity.

Was going to try and work in a final sci-fi reference in for Red Dwarf for the little Koukash mascot but haven't got the wit this close to bedtime.

Even if he hadn't been injured, I doubt Wigan would have allowed us to extend the Manfredi deal given that Charnley is going to be out for a few weeks.

And the links that aren't working are for away games and should, presumably, link to some sort of external ticketing site or to the other club's site. Instead they just link to the RedDevil's own match preview page. It's been written that way, so maybe it's still a work in progress.

#20 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Even if he hadn't been injured, I doubt Wigan would have allowed us to extend the Manfredi deal given that Charnley is going to be out for a few weeks.

And the links that aren't working are for away games and should, presumably, link to some sort of external ticketing site or to the other club's site. Instead they just link to the RedDevil's own match preview page. It's been written that way, so maybe it's still a work in progress.

I'd say you are right, it's a work in progress but I thought they'd have had it slicker by now. I never seem to find what I want on there such as U19s fixtures and the aforementioned Magic tickets. Did finally find a mention of the Magic tickets but that was to get a box rather than the bog standard tickets. Maybe I should be directing my complaints to Salford rather than whinging on here  :sclerosis:

Also, looks like we won't need Manfredi now Meli is on fire! Fingers crossed the hattrick last week wasn't a one off and he's suddenly found a bit of confidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users