Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

REFLECTING ON FRIDAY NIGHT

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

I think it is patently clear that the clubs decision to play the wigan tie on friday night was the correct one , looking at sundays attendances at other games i believe that the crowd would have been 600 to 1000 less if we had played on sunday . the turnout of rams supporters and casual spectators comprised nearly 2/3 of the total as pre match wigan had only sold 900 tickets for the game . I reckon about 300 wigan fans bought tickets on the night .

On top of this the media were present in force with radio leeds hosting their show from the ground featuring  four of their top presenters , the national press were there in force with match reports featuring in papers that we rarely appear in .And last but not least both calendar and look north had camera teams present , something that i can safely say would not have happened on sunday . Glenn morrisson featured in interviews by several newspapers and also radio stations and chairman sawyer ( our dear leader ) was heard on several radio shows including radio manchester . 

Overall a resounding success of a night apart from the score and a vindication of the clubs foresight in playing the game on friday night in preference to sunday . In my opinion of course .    

#2 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Agreed, regarding the score its what we all knew fitness would tell in the last quarter.However not many teams will keep Wigan out for 39 minutes.Also not many reports will say that Wigan was starved of possession for a large part of the first half

#3 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

It shows the potential both on and off the pitch.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

I agree. Lets burn Coolie for Herasay!!

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#5 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

I agree. Lets burn Coolie for Herasay!!

Heresy.

Good grief,can't people spell anymore? 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#6 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Obvisoly not .

#7 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Obvisoly not .

Another Illegitimate fool
;-)
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#8 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Heresy.

Good grief,can't people spell anymore? 

I blame the comprihensive education systum, I'd have been OK if their had been a grammer school in Shawcross :resent:

PS: Can we still burn him now its spelt propper?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#9 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

It appears that coolies on the missing list at the moment .

#10 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Did Wigan bring you any Pies Keith

#11 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Strangely enough no squat  one , but MS allowed me to have one from his friday night selection . then i went and left it in the control room after the game finished , never mind i will have it at the Batley game .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users