TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield game!

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

Which props are free then ? And surely both Powell and Williams won't make the cut ??

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Flower , Crosby ? And there are 5 in that 19 ( 6 if you count Clubb at a push ) so at least one will be cut . I'm sure the phones , faxes , emails and speckled jims descendent are in overdrive working things out

Edited by DavidM, 09 April 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#23 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

Greenwood?

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Loaned to London

#25 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Loaned to London

Ah right!

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Queer set up isn't it ? And Burke was at Bradford but got injured !

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

I don't think we should panic over who Wigan send to us.we haven't won any games with a team full of them so it's hard to say if we're better off with or without them.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Personnel has only been half our issue at best for a fair while .Good players give you better expectations and chances of course ,but there are structural things which we see over and over again - like consistency in games , errors and ill discipline , game management and cutting edge which shackle us to often whoever is playing . These are the things the coach is trying to smooth out to at least a level where you give yourself a fair shot week in week out . Playing the opposition alone is hard enough in this league . Other sides we see have inferior or similar personnel but get home with a tidier , more clinical and well drilled game .This is the culture PV is trying to bring from what he says . Good execution as much as good teamsheet . We compete with anyone in our good spells , but turning those into a good game tests our coaches .

Edited by DavidM, 09 April 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#29 Workplace

Workplace
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

I don't think we should panic over who Wigan send to us.we haven't won any games with a team full of them so it's hard to say if we're better off with or without them.

I know of 3 games we've won by having 3 or 4 Wigan players in the side this season!

#30 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

2014 Wigan Warriors First Team Squad
Just an academic exercise:
Props in the Wigan 19 Man Squad
8 Scott Taylor
16 Gil Dudson
22 Eddy Pettybourne
28 Jordan James
37 Ryan Sutton (Academy)

Other Props - thought to be fit but not named in the squad
10 Ben Flower - Rested
38 Ben Austin - (Academy)
17 Dom Crosby - not mentioned as rested, is he injured?

Thanks for the correction David, obviously one will be available in the cut plus Ben Austin if needed. I could never see us getting Dom Crosby.
I would settle for either of the two Academy lads, excellent prospects.

Edited by Supporter, 09 April 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Eddy P is also in that squad . Four will do you'd think .

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

I know of 3 games we've won by having 3 or 4 Wigan players in the side this season!

My point is we're not exactly ripping up trees wether Wigan lads are in our squad or not. I know we need the props and tierney is a good edition. I just don't think we can say that we're going to win/lose on the basis of who we can get up
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Have they definitely released Andy Powell ? He has a squad number. Murphy Hampshire Tierney seem three backs free

Edited by DavidM, 09 April 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#34 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Have they definitely released Andy Powell ? He has a squad number. Murphy Hampshire Tierney seem three backs free

Released in January I think.

#35 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Wishful thinking I know, but I think Manfredi returns from Salford officially on Thursday.
Really surprised he is not in the 19 man Squad (for Charnley) unless they have extended his loan period.

Edited by Supporter, 09 April 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#36 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

The bottom line is that some of the Wigan lads are better than our own and some aren't. But what they need to be is better than the opposition are.

#37 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

So can none of that 19 come on Sunday ... Even if they don't make the 17 . Is that it ?

Duel reg is that much of a farce any playing in the 1-17 could play for Workington as long as they don't play 40 mins in their game.

So if Wigan have a big lead by 39 minutes they can bring Bowen, Green & O loughlin off & then send them to you to play on the Sunday.

#38 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

Have you  got some reason for posting that on our site dose,nt that apply to every team,surely it applys to your team as well.

#39 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Why are we bothering which DR's we get? As long as we get some of our own back on the pitch and fill in with DR's then we will give Sheffield a game. With the right attitude it is a game we can win, like we came so close last year. Up the Town.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#40 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Duel reg is that much of a farce any playing in the 1-17 could play for Workington as long as they don't play 40 mins in their game.
So if Wigan have a big lead by 39 minutes they can bring Bowen, Green & O loughlin off & then send them to you to play on the Sunday.

Thanks for the information and viewpoint, I thought the ruling in the RFL Operational Rules was simply:
The Player is not restricted to playing in one fixture per scheduled round of fixtures in any given week.
I wasn't aware of any game time restriction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users