Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield game!

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#41 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

I am not sure about the value or committment of DR's but can only be a good thing the Wigan coaching staff putting our players through their paces.

#42 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Have you got some reason for posting that on our site dose,nt that apply to every team,surely it applys to your team as well.

Someone was asking a question to the ruling of duel reg & I thought I would elaborate on that rule. Not having a go at Workington as my own team have done it.

#43 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for the information and viewpoint, I thought the ruling in the RFL Operational Rules was simply:
The Player is not restricted to playing in one fixture per scheduled round of fixtures in any given week.
I wasn't aware of any game time restriction.

I found out about the 40 minute rule when hunslet were set to play clarkson but he was called up at the last minute. Then the club made a statement he would still be able to play as long as he didn't play 40 minutes. However he did so he was not eligible to play.
Good luck for Sunday against Sheffield. After seeing Brett carter throughout the years I feel his talent is limited on the wing. However I don't see him in action every week.

Edited by MikeFletchersBarmyArmy, 09 April 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#44 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

Duel reg is that much of a farce any playing in the 1-17 could play for Workington as long as they don't play 40 mins in their game.

So if Wigan have a big lead by 39 minutes they can bring Bowen, Green & O loughlin off & then send them to you to play on the Sunday.

What a stupid bloody rule, that is farcical.

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

I can't really see that rule staying anything but hypothetical , can anyone else ? I'd be very interested to see if a SL club uses and extends an asset like that , and doubly surprised .

Edited by DavidM, 09 April 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#46 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the clarification MFBA, DR is sadly becoming a necessary crutch for many clubs this year and perhaps we will hate the future consequences come the 'Brave New World' next season.
Referring to Brett, I can only speak for myself in saying that Town is a much better team when players can simply play in their natural positions, regretfully quite a number of players this season have had to step up to the mark and play outside their comfort zones for the good of the club.

Edited by Supporter, 09 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#47 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

I liked that to town blue . We think of DR purely on the playing level , but there's much more to it . The coaching ,fitness and off field benefits could be just as valuable in the link. Good stuff

Edited by DavidM, 09 April 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#48 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Nice squad put together by Sheffield, now used to playing on a tight pitch after their recent ground move:

6 Pat Walker. SO

From what little I've seen of him has a very effective long pass he likes to use. May give some opportunities for intercepts?

#49 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

Ian Mcgregor getting his face on telly ... Match commissioner . They're you go !!!

#50 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

The highlights of the Hunslet game are on YouTube and it had to be said our defence was very poor, we let in some very soft tries and were exposed a few times on our right flank. If we defend like that against Sheffield it'll be a long afternoon.

#51 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Any Wigan lads at training tonight?

#52 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Just Murphy @ Tierney could be  more on Saturday.  

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

They're you go . Mark Aston wants his players to improve their attitude to ... After their 12 try cup win . Must be hell for him ...

#54 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

No Dudson or James this weekend, both playing tonight. The Academy Prop Sutton is the only forward to miss out.

Edited by Supporter, 11 April 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#55 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

Are we trying wingers or centres at prop this weekend? I hope there sending someone down tomorrow! We are light and if barrow went there to win we need to beleive at least a bonus point is possible!

#56 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

One of the quality Academy lads would do me, either Sutton or Austin. However if I was really greedy - Dom Crosby!

#57 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Manfredi and/or Gelling need a run out if we need Wingers!

#58 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Manfredi and/or Gelling need a run out if we need Wingers!

If it's right Lupton is out, move carter to six and bring one of them so we don't need to move a centre on to wing

#59 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

If Peter can't play (hamstring) then go the whole hog and get Ryan Hampshire to play Stand Off or Scrum Half.

#60 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

If Peter can't play (hamstring) then go the whole hog and get Ryan Hampshire to play Stand Off or Scrum Half.

100% agree
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users