Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield game!

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#141 Workplace

Workplace
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

Why did we go with only 3 subs at the weekend?
We had 4 Wigan players and could of used another. Looking at Wigan academy they didn't have a game and we've used and won in 3 games with Lever this year and there's Sutton and Austin in the first team squad who we could if used.
Strange decision by Vievers.

#142 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

We had 4 subs. Veivers just chose not to use one of them. South Wales done exactly the same at the weekend. Not the first time it's happened and won't be the last.

#143 allezhaven

allezhaven
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

You lost the game didn't you if you had won it and decided not to risk a seasoned player with a fitness problem but you lost and you will again on friday. Are you lining up another attack on the referee whomsoever it may be. I was at Rochdale and Stokes in my eyes had a fair game. haven lost the game due to stupid mistakes playing catch-up rubby when in front 12-4. Were you ever in that situation.
I'm back so watch out for a ban

Dave M

#144 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

Toffee boy

#145 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=mGC6MMl7fBM

#146 allezhaven

allezhaven
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Toffee boy my ###### I was on the Kop for 5 years or so when I was courting my lass back in the early 60's. Is that what you mean or what. is this some sort of Jam shorthand? Explain please

#147 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=mGC6MMl7fBM

Their last try was forward too.

#148 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Good watching that back. I thought it was interesting to see that neither touch judge gave our two disallowed tries as forward passes. They were no more forward that the Eagles last try. I also thought the Tierney no try was harsh. Was it an interference call??
If we can tighten up the sloppy defence we can win on Friday.
Cowards break and chip through is still a thing of beauty!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#149 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

Good watching that back. I thought it was interesting to see that neither touch judge gave our two disallowed tries as forward passes. They were no more forward that the Eagles last try. I also thought the Tierney no try was harsh. Was it an interference call??
If we can tighten up the sloppy defence we can win on Friday.
Cowards break and chip through is still a thing of beauty!!

The disallowed tries were correctly disallowed. Definitely forward passes and it was obstruction. The Sheffield try looked ok

#150 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

The disallowed tries were correctly disallowed. Definitely forward passes and it was obstruction. The Sheffield try looked ok

put your fishing rod away LeeF

#151 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

Ha aye ok pal.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#152 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

put your fishing rod away LeeF

Not fishing, just my opinion

#153 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

To be honest to bomb Kayles try was a shocker. Such a simple pass, one we should never have given the ref a decision to make.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#154 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

OK Leef they could have been forward passes seems though he only gave them if they resulted in a TRY,all the rest he was not interested  

#155 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

OK Leef they could have been forward passes seems though he only gave them if they resulted in a TRY,all the rest he was not interested

Except the last pass in the last try on the highlights which is the worst of the lot. And if anyone can't see that then they need to go to Specsavers. lol. Who noticed that they showed one of the Eagles tries twice?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#156 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Except the last pass in the last try on the highlights which is the worst of the lot. And if anyone can't see that then they need to go to Specsavers. lol. Who noticed that they showed one of the Eagles tries twice?

Agree Keith, the last Eagles try was the easiest to see the forward pass or not as it was a short pass and the camera angle was good. It was clearly forward.
The others - highly debateable whether forward or not from those highlights (for both sides) no-one can clearly say due to camera angles.

#157 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

Only the Connor try looked slightly forward IMO, the Teirney try was a shocking decision and their last try was deffo a forward pass. It's about time we had a bit of luck going our way.

#158 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

That's right unicorn . On top of everything we rightly focus on you do need that break . That bad call to go your way in a vital spot . And when you're struggling , things are hard anyway and doubly need it , it just never seems to come . That 10% of Lady Luck , as you work at the other 90 %

Edited by DavidM, 17 April 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#159 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

A tale of 2 halves today at Sheffield against Doncaster. At half-time Sheffield led 28 - 12 but Donny won the second half 30 - 6 and won the game 42 - 34.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#160 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

And we've seen both of them ... Not frightening were they ? And yet no doubt come the pointy end they'll be there or there abouts . Very frustrating . But they find a way to get the job done . There's not much difference throughout most of this league - a string puller , a pack to rumble up the pitch and a good structure , with solid well executed basics and defence gets the job done more often than not . You're hardly ever saying ' wow , how scintillating were they '.

Edited by DavidM, 20 April 2014 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users