Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

For those planning their RL TV fixes over Easter....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

The Hull Derby kicks off live on Sky at 8pm on Thursday 17th April.

Yes, you read that correctly, THURSDAY 17th April at 8pm.

There are clearly one or two on here who will be boycotting this fixture, even though it's a home game for their team, due to their objections about a Thursday game from the other week.

How Hull FC can be expected to be ready for this fixture when they've only got a week to prepare and then only a few days to prepare for a home game v London on the Monday, Lord only knows.

Shortly, I shall return to blame somebody, in the meantime, I'll be having a think about who that might be.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

In all seriousness, I am quite surprised that the police have given the go ahead for this.

I suspect that there will be quite a few early finishes that afternoon - followed by a prolonged spell of drinking and the match.

People called Romans they go the house

#3 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

I seem to have upset OF.

As with Hull v Hudd this Thursday Rovers have been chosen as the Thursday tv game so no choice in the matter. Unlike the black and whites we are not cheating to gain an advantage.

In fact yet again Hull get privileged treatment.....over Easter we have to travel to Perpignan so the extra day is needed whereas Hull have to go to the old KC ground. Although the Broncos also have a 3 day turnround Hull probably needed the extra day for their old men.....what has happened to Carvell?

Disappointed to see McDonnell has discovered his move from the mighty Robins was not such a clever move after all.....mind you so did Newton. Mickie Paea next?

As you well know I do not object to Sky tv Thursday games. Challenge Cup games are scheduled for Friday,Sat and Sunday. But not for the Dullers?

#4 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Can you get Sky on the Azure.

#5 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

Fished in.(Seems fitting for the Hull derby) 

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 08 April 2014 - 04:37 PM.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#6 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

There are clearly one or two on here who will be boycotting this fixture, even though it's a home game for their team, due to their objections about a Thursday game from the other week.

How Hull FC can be expected to be ready for this fixture when they've only got a week to prepare and then only a few days to prepare for a home game v London on the Monday, Lord only knows.

Shortly, I shall return to blame somebody, in the meantime, I'll be having a think about who that might be.

Well it is Maungy Thursday.  :ph34r:

#7 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Deary me. You appear to have come to the wrong place stevereed100.

Still, school holidays and all that and I suppose we were all obnoxious at that age.

Mr Posh.....sense of humour. Crosstown traffic....pre match warm up?

#8 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Isn't it usually Leeds v Bradford on the Thursday game at Easter? They must think that the Hull derby will be a closer game..

It's time to park the camels.

#9 Bilko

Bilko
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

Like's been said, It's on the Thursday because Hull KR are away at Catalan on the Easter Monday. It allows them extra time to prepare and travel for that trip. Nothing else to it. 

Wigan v St Helens was on the Thursday in 2009 for the same reason, Wigan went to France on that Easter Monday.

Bradford v Leeds btw was due to be on Sky but has since been dumped for Warrington v Widnes after St Helens v Wigan on Good Friday.

Edited by Bilko, 08 April 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#10 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

The RFL have been in touch, mate.

They've just read the thread title and want to know where to serve the writ.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

Like's been said, It's on the Thursday because Hull KR are away at Catalan on the Easter Monday. It allows them extra time to prepare and travel for that trip. Nothing else to it. 

That's all well and good but Hull FC have got to get back from the east to the west.

What if the bridges are up in Hull?

The RFL have been in touch, mate.

They've just read the thread title and want to know where to serve the writ.

Oh my, it better not be a draw.

Bejeesus, what if the teams are level after 79 mins and there's a doubt about a drop goal?, although, obviously, there may still be 4 minutes left.

I suppose it might give Steve May some closure.

Imagine it being 6-9 or, Heaven forbid, 9-6.

I believe all this stuff is just an attempt by the RFL to make the Hull derby more exciting again.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

That's all well and good but Hull FC have got to get back from the east to the west.

What if the bridges are up in Hull?

Oh my, it better not be a draw.

Bejeesus, what if the teams are level after 79 mins and there's a doubt about a drop goal?, although, obviously, there may still be 4 minutes left.

I suppose it might give Steve May some closure.

Imagine it being 6-9 or, Heaven forbid, 9-6.

I believe all this stuff is just an attempt by the RFL to make the Hull derby more exciting again.

There's too much comic material in there, OF. It's like Tim Vine on speed...
I'm pleased they're showing the Cheshire derby. Last year's games were superb.

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

After last night's result ar Wire, Rovers must be wishing the. Easter game was a touch sooner.

Anyway, it's nice to see this thread back after it's brief holiday...

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

After last night's result ar Wire, Rovers must be wishing the. Easter game was a touch sooner.

Anyway, it's nice to see this thread back after it's brief holiday...

Has it been in the sin bin?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#15 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

As you know our old men need time to recover.....

Actually with Ellis Carvell Yeaman and Horne our players like Costigan are mere youth teamers.

But we do have a lot of injuries new and old to cope with.....but then Langley Poore Eden and Hall are all available. Can we cope if Keating Salter Gleeson and the Walker Bros fail to make it? Yes we can!

Lets both hope Catalans and the Broncos knock 7 bells out of each other.Hull will be at a distinct disadvantage come Easter Monday as they don't do short turnrounds, they only do thursdays don't they?

Who would have thought 50 years ago they would play 3 Thursdays on the trot in Hull!

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

Has it been in the sin bin?

Yes but Adam Pearson appealed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users