Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds vs Thunder Sunday 13th April

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

After the great display last Sunday at Bradford, who is looking forward to Sunday's game against Thunder at Whitebank? It would be great to see a good crowd getting behind our lads. Come on you Yeds!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Yeah well said Tosh, its good to see a thread about a game finally instead of the yawnfest on the other thread. See you Sunday up the Yeds!!

#3 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

You mean the yawnfest with 12 pages?

#4 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

Life is far too short for 'yawnfests'!! 

Games on Saturday and Sunday this weekend so we can have a 'rugbyfest' at last - let's get on with it and support the lads and enjoy the games.

Come on The Roughyeds!!

#5 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Call this negative if you like, but, if we're looking to attract speccies, why haven''t we put the kick off back to 4 pm. It's be suspected for weeks that the biggest game in football's Premier league season will be this Sunday's Liverpool v. Man City clash, which is on Sky, kicking off at 13.37 and finishing at about 15.25, clashing in part with our game. And we're looking for more speccies facing this sort of competition. Did no one think of putting the kick off back? Obviously not. Give me strength!

Edited by RunItOffAfi, 09 April 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#6 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

You mean the yawnfest with 12 pages?

yeah should i be impressed it has 12 pages? Hasn't progressed that i am aware of???

#7 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

Not likely to progress while CH has his loyal minions.

Edited by lalar, 09 April 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#8 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

AS an aside, this tweet from the leader of the council speaks volumes, orlfc is on its own. "have given moral support to club and resolved whitebank road lease, now its over to them..."

#9 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

What time does the social club open on Sunday? The kids are away so this means more time for a few alcoholic beverages before the game.

Edited by lalar, 09 April 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#10 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ah the esteemed leader of the council, dont see him much at the rugby, he is more interested in giving Latics help. Yes we are loyal, not neccessarily to CH but to ORLFC! Social usual opens at 12pm (ish).

Cheer the lads on to another good win on Sunday, lets ave it! Up the Yeds!

#11 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

I wonder why we don't see much if him? Maybe he's as frustrated as the many who have fallen out with the club? Read the tweet thread and I think the answer is obvious.

One thing that as started to annoy me is that certain people think that anyone with a wish to see the club under new leadership is somehow less of a fan. 

#12 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

No one is arguing that the club could do with a change, the arguments start because people who DONT go to support the team suddenly come out of the woodwork and criticise everything, Spud even admits he had never been to whitebank before the Hemel game! So if people want to critisise and pick at stuff maybe they should support the lads before spouting vitriol. So yes, i dont see how you can be a fan/supporter if you dont go to matches and SUPPORT Oldham RLFC! Frustration is one thing, not supporting the team is scandalous.Get behind the lads on Sunday, come see what its all about, have a good day out and ENJOY the Rugby League on show, not very difficult is it!

#13 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

I go to every home game.I support the lads in the shirt the same as I have done since I was a 4 year old at Watersheddings with my Dad. I even drag my rugby mad son along to some matches. I just wish there was something on offer that appealed to him more. I AM a supporter and I hate everything that this man has done to drag the name and reputation of MY club to an all time low.

#14 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

The tweets by Jim McMahon are very revealing indeed. Whilst he chose his words wisely, the intonation leaves no doubt as to the unlikelihood of public money being put into the hands of a certain individual.
The council will only invest in a sport stadium with sound prospects and that's BP.
I'm guessing that's where they also envisage the rugby club playing too once Hamilton is gone! 

#15 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

Apologises for posting a rugby topic on this rugby league forum but I thought I would break with tradition and put team information on the forum :)

Oldham v Gateshead Thunder (3.00pm)

Oldham pair Liam Thompson and Adam Files are both ruled out of Sunday’s Kingstone Press Championship One fixture with Gateshead Thunder.

Oldham coach Scott Naylor said: “I’ll probably make changes for Sunday and then do some more adjustments for the Good Friday game.

“Five days between games doesn’t give us a lot of recovery time so it makes sense to get the best I can out of the squad as a whole.”

David Cookson is nearing a return to action after missing six weeks with a groin problem.

Thunder coach Stanley Gene has challenge his players to make improvements in defence, having conceded 93 points in their first three league fixtures of the year.

Gene said: “Defensively I'm not very happy, but we've got to move on quickly. If not, we'll be going out looking for other players to come in.”

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#16 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Last word from me on the supporter issue, if you go to matches then you are a fan/supporter if you dont go you can only be a follower of a club.  Supporters have a right to voice opinions, followers have no right whatsoever. Here endeth the lesson ;) . Back to rugby matters, hope we put in a strong performance on Sunday, rack up a few points and take some confidence over to Hunslet on Good Friday, having said that i would be happy with a win no matter by how many points, the higher we finish the better chance of getting to the play off final but there are not many easy games in this division, every point will count. Looking forward to seeing our good friends from Gateshead, always a giggle with the Thunder Army :)

#17 Superdude

Superdude
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

What a load of rubbish Roughyed34.....you have to go to matches to be a supporter and followers have no right to an opinion.  

If I am wrong and you are right - God Help us as there are only around 500 real supporters of ORL left!

"No easy games in this division" shows how far we have fallen.

#18 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Nice one superdude, positive as always. Yep rather have 500 who get behind the team, enjoy it and have a good time, than 5000 of which 4500 are backbiting,criticising and moaning even though they dont actually see the effort the lads put in every week. It would be nice to see more fans turn up and actually back the team of course, your very welcome to attend on Sunday you know, who knows you might even enjoy it!

#19 Superdude

Superdude
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

I'm not negative, i'm just a better communicator surrounded by terrible ideas and shortsightedness! 

How do you know I don't support the team -  There is no problem with the lads on the park! Other ideas need the attention, and that is where I based my frustration.

It would be nice to see more fans turn out, the reason they don't has been discussed long and hard. 

#20 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

But no one is coming up with a sure alternative superrude and so lets get behind the team until they do. Talk of boycotts etc offer nothing positive,yet results on the pitch do. If we love the club. We either get behind a positive backer So far not identified) or we get behind the existing team that represents our club. I do really hope you turn up regularly as we need every fan we can get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users