Roughyeds vs Thunder Sunday 13th April

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Roughyed 34 if the average SL gate at BP was 3832 and the average crowd now is around 750 we have lost approx 3100 since the formation of the new club, Harry I presume the debts are directors loans because I cannot see how the club would be allowed to run up a debt like this otherwise with no assets.

#42 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

Yes you are right cluedo. The new club though was only drawing 1200 or so from the start, the crowds if ch went would realistically be around that 1000 figure. An increase but not the hordes of returning fans some suggest. Well thats me done,, game day is here. Up the Yeds!

#43 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

First ORLFC 97 crowd was over 3500

#44 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

First ORLFC 97 crowd was over 3500

The problem from the very start was that we were in the third tier. Although relegated from Superleague, the old club went bust and the new club had to apply for entry into the rfl, and so the very bottom. If I remember rightly we were only allowed in on the proviso that we weren't paid any money for 2 years, might be more not sure. So we've been battling up hill from the very start.

#45 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

I went today. Cold but the rugby was good in parts

The club needs to market a little better

#46 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

I went today. Cold but the rugby was good in parts

The club needs to market a little better

#47 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

Positives today - After a scrappy opening 30 minutes, we then produced some good rugby to score 4 tries and 3 goals in the next 20 mins to virtually put the game to bed. We then continued to throw the ball about and score at regular intervals over the next 20 mins before letting in a couple of sloppy tries before Bloomfield completed his hat trick with a couple of minutes to go. We effectively negated the effects of the slope in the 2nd half by starting most of our sets 30 yards out and reaching the half way line at least on the 2nd or 3rd tackle. IMHO, rugby as entertaining as I can remember over the last couple of years. Well done, Oldham.

Negatives - I thought whispering Sid Lowe had died. How did we manage to bring him back on the tannoy, which was totally inaudible and embarrassing. I think my comments, earlier this week about kick off time, were entirely justified by the size of the crowd, 446.

#48 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

I understand the tannoy is a tactical issue and not the fault of the person who has stepped in to help out after Nigel sadly passed away.

Edited by oldham13, 13 April 2014 - 07:50 PM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#49 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

As I left the ground I listened to oldham cr and they interviewed ch. And he wasn't happy with the display and he was upset at a loss as to why so few tuened up

One of the commentators said he had the reasons why no one turns up but he didn't share them

#50 TicTac

TicTac
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Firstly, let me start by introducing myself because I am new to the forum. Today was the first Roughyeds game I have attended. I have found the club like I found Oldham Athletic: by myself. I have few ties to the club in terms of family (although a uncle was a supporter of both clubs). So - hello all!

Secondly, going off what I have read so far there seems to be a huge amount of off-field issues (similar to OAFC). I look forward to learning about these.

Thirdly, the game. My knowledge if ever-improving and considering this was the first live game of Rugby League I have attended I found it difficult to follow, although I did my best and grasped that we were more or less on top throughout.

I genuinely enjoyed the match, I enjoyed listening to some of the characters, it was very friendly and I will always follow a local sports club so I will be visiting Whitebank again very soon.

#51 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Welcome TicTac

Thanks for giving Oldham Roughyeds a go

See u at the next match

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#52 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

Match photos now on the website.

Great images again David

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#53 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Well done the Yeds, played a more expansive game and although a few things failed, overall we dominated for most of the game. Need to focus for a full 80 minutes next Friday. Which should be a cracker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users