#RLDS Podcast: Pastures new for former Broncos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

The new #RLDS Rugby League Down South Podcast by Ian Ramsdale is now available. Download it from iTunes or listen on TotalRL.com at www.totalrl.com/podcasts.

What's covered this week:

01.00 Rugby League World editor GARETH WALKER, talks for former LONDON BRONCOS players now playing in pastures new.
13.30 SOUTH WALES SCORPIONS coach MIKE GRADY on their valley routes to success.
24.00 The LONDON SKOLARS general manager gives the latest on Skolars' pitch sabbatical
33.00 We hear of the resurgence of the Storm, in South London, from ERIC STEWART.

Follow Ian Ramsdale on Twitter @ianramsdale and/or use #RLDS to discuss the podcast.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

I assumed this meant you were leaving...

People called Romans they go the house

#3 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

I assumed this meant you were leaving...

Oh no! You're stuck with me a while longer I'm afraid. :biggrin:

I've amended the title to make it a little less ambiguous

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#4 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

I thought the interview with the former player from South London Storm was informative in his view of young player's allegiance to the Broncos or lack of it. He went to a junior team training session with 35 kids and none were wearing Broncos jerseys. He stated that he would be surprised if many were even aware of the existence of the Broncos.He also stated that the Broncos had little influence or impact on the amateur scene in  London and that could be part of their ongoing failure to grow their fan base.

These opinions mirror my own with regards to the Broncos being crucial to amateur growth in London and the fact that they might disappear is not as big a disaster for then juniors as some posters feel it would be.

It's interesting to hear the views of those people actually in the trenches in the area to get a true perspective of events.

#5 EssexRL

EssexRL
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

I think he's right: the future of RL in London is going to be bottom up. I stable and successful LBs would be a great asset but that seems a distant prospect at the moment. It's important to remember the breadth of activity with the game in London. I'm looking forward to hearing Skolars plans for their four month exile on Sunday.
London Skolars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users