Photo
- - - - -

10/04/14 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Draw (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Huddersfield Giants (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Grix throwing punches at Ellis, picked the wrong bloke to pick on there.

#22 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hull winning this and it's no surprise.

RL is such a physically demanding sport one team having nearly double the turnaround time is going to make the game so one sided.

If the challenge cup fixtures were reversed the scoreline would be the opposite. 30 - 6 to Hull.

On another note Richard Whiting is by far the most versatile player in SL history. No one touches him.

#23 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Brough spits his dummy out. Kicks out at Whiting before handbags are traded. Both sinbinned but only Brough should of been.

#24 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Jamie Shaul is absolutely quality on another note.

#25 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

Carvery probably MOM he seemed very up for it. Put himself about a lot.

#26 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Let me guess, you're a Hull fan?

#27 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,603 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Jamie 'You knaw' Shaul

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#28 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Shaul was immense tonight England star in the making.

#29 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,843 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Bloody hell, now Hudds have really got something to worry about. Well done Hull. Still, these Thursday games do nobody any favours.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#30 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

Very enjoyable game that for me. Nice to see a dominant Hull pack and some very good support play at times.  Very difficult for Huddersfield due to the short turnaround. Brough was at his petulant worst - once again you don't need to be an expert lip reader to work out his feelings for the referee. And how on earth does Richard Whiting get binned for being kicked and punched?

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#31 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

well played Hull, totally bossed it......it's not Hull's fault that Hudds had a short turn around, there was an opportunity there and they took it - fair play to them

#32 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Very enjoyable game that for me. Nice to see a dominant Hull pack and some very good support play at times.  Very difficult for Huddersfield due to the short turnaround. Brough was at his petulant worst - once again you don't need to be an expert lip reader to work out his feelings for the referee. And how on earth does Richard Whiting get binned for being kicked and punched?

Poor call that one, he did nothing wrong.

Brough came up with a couple of inspired plays but as you say his frustration got the better of him again. If I was Big Paul then I'd stand him down next week, a short break might give him a chance to recompose himself and get his act together. 

Edit: Given the busy Easter period that might prove difficult, but I'm sure Anderson will sort things out in a far more efficient way than I'd be able to manage.

Edited by MrFussy, 10 April 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#33 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

well played Hull, totally bossed it......it's not Hull's fault that Hudds had a short turn around, there was an opportunity there and they took it - fair play to them

Exactly. I think that most of the focus should be on the good job that Hull did today, lest they'll be denied the respect that they deserve after putting in such a performance.

#34 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Hull played very well, they took every opportunity offered to them. Some times teams have opportunities offered and fail to take advantage, previous Hull sides being experts. They seem to have developed a little bit of a killer instinct, something they have lacked for years.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#35 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

The short turnaround was always my main concern. Having said that we looked knackered in the first 20 and looked better for the rest of the game. Credit to Hull - they came out of the blocks better than us and made us play catch up. 30-6 a fair reflection I thought and I actually enjoyed the game, some good tries from Hull. Nice to talk about the players and not the ref. Silverwood best ref by a distance for me.

#36 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

Wasn't happy with the Grix incident at the start. Thought he should have been sent to cool down for 10 at least.

Saying that, it fired the lads up and he went missing for the entire game (wouldn't even run it in most if the time, choosing to pass it on) so it's as if he wasn't there anyway!

Great performance from the boys. Made my day.
Posted Image

#37 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Who gave them that opportunity.....not Salford, they objected.

Not Hull City. Sunday was available.

The RL who stated Cup games were to be played on the weekend, specifically Fri Sat and Sunday.

Nobody can blame Hull its those fools at the RFL.

Spoilt what could have been a good game tonight.

#38 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:29 AM

The RL who stated Cup games were to be played on the weekend, specifically Fri Sat and Sunday.

Nobody can blame Hull its those fools at the RFL.

Spoilt what could have been a good game tonight.

Didn't spoil it for me 😀
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#39 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

Grix throw several punches and stays on.

Whiting takes several punches and is sent to the sin bin.

Perhaps the RFL did have some sympathy with Huddersfield for their short turnaround.

By the way, Huddersfield only had 4 days rest, that was a short turnaround wasn't it?

Surprised nobody's mentioned it.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#40 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,034 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

Grix throw several punches and stays on.

Don't think that did Huddersfield any favours to be honest!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users