Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Neil Hudgell fined £1000 by RFL for improper conduct!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

It would seem they're all at it in Hull, as Adam Pearson has now also been fined (for what was probably the best line of the season):

Again - what does he expect ?

He insults the people making the decisions then whines when he's called up before them himself.

Why not save time and just send in a cheque ?

These people are too used to getting their own way.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Again - what does he expect ?

He insults the people making the decisions then whines when he's called up before them himself.

To be fair, I'm not sure Pearson has complained about the fine. He's not appealing it anyway

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#23 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Sorry, the crux of my point thou was that the fine doesn't just get increased because of the appeal, which is the way the OP seems to have taken earlier post

Yeah, I think we're both on the same side here.  My point, though, was that the fine and suspension (if there is one) are genuinely reviewed.  You do have to put up a deposit to appeal - which may or may not be returned to you.

#24 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

To be fair, I'm not sure Pearson has complained about the fine. He's not appealing it anyway

Well, that's good news.

#25 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Chairmen of struggling teams that have had players banned?

For " the moderator of the international board" that seems to sum up the level of your intellectual contribution.

God help the Chairmen of the 8 clubs struggling below Hull, they don't matter in your eyes.

From a supposed jovial remark the truth spouts out. Leave it to Leeds Wigan etc to run the game shall we.

Always beware somebody trying to impress with their "job status".

#26 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

For " the moderator of the international board" that seems to sum up the level of your intellectual contribution.

God help the Chairmen of the 8 clubs struggling below Hull, they don't matter in your eyes.

From a supposed jovial remark the truth spouts out. Leave it to Leeds Wigan etc to run the game shall we.

Always beware somebody trying to impress with their "job status".

Poor phrasing on my part, I meant to put "underperforming" rather than "struggling". Which I think you'd agree that a team that were expected to do fairly well and have had the results WLLWLLWLW have underperformed.

I'd also say that Warrington and Huddersfield have underperformed (I'd even say struggling for Huddersfield). Wigan are also below where I would expect but they have a game in hand so I'll reserve judgement.

The entirety of the top 4 are exceding my expectations also, I would not have expected to see Leeds and St Helens as high as they are now, and certainly not Cas or Widnes (no disrespect to those teams, but I'm sure their fans are pleasantly surprised by their form this season)

I don't think the clubs below the top few "don't matter". As you can see from my signature, I follow clubs from all sorts of levels and I want every club to do well (except maybe Hemel [joking])

And on the last point, I'm not trying to impress with my "job status", I just believe in pointing out all my biases (which, yes, I am biased, just as everyone on here is), and that is there to point out that whilst it says "Moderator" under my username, I have absolutely no more power outside of the International forum than anybody else does.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#27 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

These people are too used to getting their own way.

Perhaps "these people" are used to operating in rather more professional circumstances and have to adhere to more consistent rules.

Just a thought. 

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#28 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Perhaps "these people" are used to operating in rather more professional circumstances and have to adhere to more consistent rules.

Just a thought. 

Doubt it.  Clearly Hudgell and Pearson don't act professionally.  If they had, there'd've been no cases to bring.

#29 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Doubt it.  Clearly Hudgell and Pearson don't act professionally.  If they had, there'd've been no cases to bring.

I was talking about the careers where they made their money compared to the environment they find themselves in as Chairmen of RL clubs.

Hudgell and Pearson are both very successful businessmen who have made considerable amounts of money in their respective fields. They both also seem to be frustrated at the way RL, and all that goes with it, is run.

This suggests to me that they think our sport could do with summat of an overhaul at the governing body level. They both love RL, and perhaps their comments come from a desire to make our game more professional and therefore more respected by rival sports.

That a simple cup draw could attract such attention for apparent ineptitude that the RFL have to come out in the media and state their case that all was well, in spite of what a fair few folk think, speaks volumes.

We are classed as a minority sport by many and, to my great regret, there is really no wonder.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#30 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

A polite question...

As Rovers have now won their last 3 league games and Hull are actually above us can we drop the "struggling" tag?

If so does that permit Pearson and Hudgell to express a view and be given consideration by the big boys?

OR do we still have to suffer these closed views expressed above.

Are Hull playing next Thursday?

#31 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

Like the ipetition doing the rounds, started b4 NH and Adam Pearson spoke up.

There seems to be a lot of people who lack confidence in the powers that be.....Seems to have even united both sides of the Hull divide.

If you are a Leeds fan perhaps you are happy with Red Hall?

It's got nothing to do with who I support. I just hate to see club owners acting unprofessionaly and throwing their toys out of the pram.
Does the image of the game no good. It's not as if they don't have regular meetings where these things can be discussed. Or is Hudgell the bloke who can't be bothered to go?

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#32 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

I was talking about the careers where they made their money compared to the environment they find themselves in as Chairmen of RL clubs.

Hudgell and Pearson are both very successful businessmen who have made considerable amounts of money in their respective fields. They both also seem to be frustrated at the way RL, and all that goes with it, is run.

I see.  And do they make their "considerable amounts of money" in the same way that they deal with Rugby League matters.  Stamp their feet and bawl until they get their way ?

#33 Rubecula

Rubecula
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Respect Is earned. For a number of years the RFLhave been in turmoil and the decision making is biased and at times poor. There is a distinct lack of professionalism and when issues have tried to be addressed by clubs via the proper channels, nothing is done. There is little wonder some club representatives become frustrated.

#34 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

Respect Is earned.

My point entirely.

#35 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Respect Is earned. For a number of years the RFLhave been in turmoil and the decision making is biased and at times poor. There is a distinct lack of professionalism and when issues have tried to be addressed by clubs via the proper channels, nothing is done. There is little wonder some club representatives become frustrated.

That could be true, I don't know as generally one tend to hear the clubs comments more "loudly" and may give me a bias view.  My thought is are the respective clubs models of professionalism whenever I hear which ever club representative is commenting about some aspect of the RFL domain.

#36 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

My point entirely.

Assuming Mr Griff you support the status quo how exactly is this respect earned?

Surely not by being a top club or by sitting quietly by when incompetence is obvious.

Some of the PR statements put out as justification by the RFL apologists are so obviously party line it is laughable.

Can someone just deal with the content of Hudgell, Pearson and others critique? In business if key members of your management / ownership team are in disagreement you would sit down and discuss not just punish them for having a view. Bringing the game into disrepute charges are a pathetic response.

Similar in a way to comments about toys prams feet bawl and stamp.....some people need to grow up and debate not insult!

#37 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Assuming Mr Griff you support the status quo how exactly is this respect earned?

Surely not by being a top club or by sitting quietly by when incompetence is obvious.

Obvious, is it ?  Can you back that up ?

#38 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

That is hardly a challenge!

#39 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

That is hardly a challenge!

What I've seen on this thread so far is that some people have a different opinion to you, you don't like it and you want them sacked.

Not my view of incompetence.

#40 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

The only people I want replaced are at the RFL. The incompetents......

If some people on here have a different opinion thats fair debate...but as you say "some" so thats not All.

When you say "sacked" are you saying some people on here work at the RFL?

Are you really of the opinion that the game is well led at the top?

If so tell me what exactly you admire.....now thats a challenge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users