Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow's new partners!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

Barrow have announced that they have formed a partnership with Salford Red Devils. That put's paid to any chance of getting the Walne brothers back at Town.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

Principle is great but eventually reality hits .

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

dont know whether its a good thing or not but one thing is for sure....if we hadnt done something Raiders wouldve been doomed this season, with it who knows ?? I suspect it is too late for us

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

How can it be too late we're less than a quarter of the way into the season?

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

How can it be too late we're less than a quarter of the way into the season?

mate...any players we get from Salford will have to be worldbeaters as we have been shocking

Lee Morton

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Tough going for us all ,maybe very very tough , that's all we can say now or we may as well give in with our craic on the set up of the team etc . We've got to hang on to even a minority chance while it's there , while being well aware of how things are .

Edited by DavidM, 10 April 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#7 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

mate...any players we get from Salford will have to be worldbeaters as we have been shocking

They should have a decent squad if the Walne lads aren't getting in every week.

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

As things stand at the moment Barrow would only be able to have one player on DR as they currently have 4 on loan from Leigh. So, not a lot of benefit there unless they "sign on" the Leigh players for 12 months like Swinton did making them Barrow players.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Keith I can see a couple of the Leigh lads going back. Chris Rowe has played 1 game (against Milford) and Craig Briscoe will be out for months with ligament damage sustained in your win at CP.

Govin was signed on a months loan so that just leaves Joe Bullock who to be fair has looked the pick of the bunch so far. We also have Ryan Shaw on a months deal from Warrington. Maybe we will DR the whole Salford squad as you did with Widnes last year?

I dont know the rules and wrangles of the DR system so god knows whats going to happen.

Bobby Goulding has obviously decided its the only chance we have of staying up?

Lee Morton

#10 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Are the Walne brothers good? I noticed they always seem to be mentioned in regards to potential signings on here

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

They're good . Adam is big and rangy and can play prop or second row . Has good skills . Jordan is more compact , strong runner but primarily rock hard defender and teak tough . Good pair to get hold of.

Edited by DavidM, 10 April 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Yeah there good, but are playing pretty regularly for Salford at the moment. Jordan is rock solid in defence, Adam is the star though, would be a welcome edition to any championship team, but as I say they are both top quality.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Yeh . Rolled together they make the perfect player ! They deserve a good shot at Salford , particularly Adam . Should have played more you'd think .

#14 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Yeah there good, but are playing pretty regularly for Salford at the moment.

Jordan has but Adam hasn't. Jordan's been on the bench for the last 5 games but Adam has only made 1 appearance so far this season.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Thought that.

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Jordan has but Adam hasn't. Jordan's been on the bench for the last 5 games but Adam has only made 1 appearance so far this season.

ah right. I just usually see his name in the 19s like this week and assumed he was getting game time. New coach new start for him though.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#17 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Wow this is a big change of heart. They seemed to be so dead against DR.

#18 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Wow this is a big change of heart. They seemed to be so dead against DR.

Our last 2 coaches were but it seems things have changed since bobbie took over, I'm still against it but if it keep us up then guess that's what we have to do

#19 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

Yes they have changed their tune!

#20 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

as the saying goes "IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM" and we couldn't beat anybody at the moment.lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users