Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tunnel Twitter Message Inspires Tigers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tigers News

Tigers News
  • Coach
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

8624.jpg

#GoodTimes

Castleford Tigers #GetIntoEm competition winner, Lee Bradley is hoping his inspirational message can help the team beat St Helens at The Mend-A-Hose Jungle on Friday night.

Earlier this year, Castleford Tigers ran a competition where Twitter users were invited to send a message that would be put up in the tunnel at the stadium, and Lee's slogan of ‘Wear the Black and Amber with Pride!' was the winner, as chosen by the players.

Lee's message seems to be working, because the Tigers are still unbeaten at home in 2014, after wins against Catalan Dragons, Wigan Warriors and Hull FC. He is immensely proud that his words are the last things the team sees before they head out onto the pitch.

"To know my saying is in place at The Mend-A-Hose Jungle, which has so much history, makes me glad that my board is a little part of it," Lee said.

"All I want from any player that plays for Cas is to wear the team colours as passionately as the fans do every week. It is a great idea for fans to say something and to get the players in the right frame of mind as they enter the pitch."

Club captain Michael Shenton said it is always nice to interact with the fans and is thankful of the support shown by everyone associated with Castleford Tigers this season.

"It is always great to hear what the fans have to say and I always notice the message as I go out to play" said Shenton.

"The support has always been fantastic at this club and it is very special to play with such passionate fans that back you week in, week out."

Brett Cullen, the Media Relations Officer of Castleford Tigers, said it is important that the fans have a voice at the club.

"Everyone knows that the Castleford Tigers support is amongst the best in the league as they travel around the country and make an incredible amount of noise. The players are very vocal about how big of an impact the crowd's support can have on their performance and so we wanted to find a way to add to the overall experience for players, whilst giving an amazing opportunity to our fans to get involved using the power of social media.

"Lee's message was chosen by the players and it couldn't be more perfect as it captures the essence of what a what an inspirational message is all about, whilst it also means something personal to Castleford Tigers, so visiting teams cannot take much motivation out of it themselves.

"It will be the last thing that the players see as they enter the field of player and it's the perfect accompaniment to the team talk delivered by Head Coach Daryl Powell prior to kick-off.

"We are continuously looking at ways to improve our engagement with supporters using the digital space through our channels which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and our newly launched app. Fans should be on the lookout for more initiatives from us in the coming months." 

Photo: Matthew Merrick Photography. 

8625.jpg

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users