TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow Dual Registration

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Barrow Red Devils

as a club we need to use every means available to us to secure our place
in the top nine this season we cannot afford to buy the quality of player we need
to secure a top nine finish and dual registration will help us

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

Barrow Red Devils
in the top nine this season we cannot afford to buy the quality of player we need

Sorry but don't agree with your post one bit
Im Fev and im proud

#3 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Barrow Red Devils

i'm sure that had we been in your position we would have done the same. we couldn't afford not to.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#4 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

again another example of why this system means it is not an even playing field.......l doubt that the quality of player sent to them this week will have a great impact on the result at the weekend, but leigh played the 'real' barrow team and tonked them by 50+......we wont be playing the same team.
just like the swinton team with 5 warrington players.....will they have the same quality of players against leigh later in the season ? probably not......

#5 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

I don't agree with it one bit but if it keeps us up then so be it

#6 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Not really sure what people expect us to do. We can't afford to have the calibre of player you have got at Fev and we need to do everything we can to stay in this division for next year

#7 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Barrow Red Devils

Out of interest why did you sack the coach you had last year he did a great job

#8 pennington

pennington
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

I don't know why you think we will abuse the system, we have a high number of injuries and if we have young prospects I don't see an issue with DR, the problems start when you get experienced super league players playing for DR teams.

#9 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

I hate the current system of duel reg where players aren't really part of the squad and simply roll up on the day of the match to play a game, taking the place of an actual team member who has been training all week.

In answer to the question "what are you supposed to do if your side isn't good enough to avoid relegation?" the answer is very simple you get relegated and spend at least one year in a lower league.

I understand that Barrow are currently losing games to sides and the only difference is the other sides duel reg players, but I for one am not happy with us going down the duel reg route and you won't find me supporting it.

Good luck to Featherstone this season you have earned your place on SL2 next year doing it the right way.

Regards Penno

#10 sentoffagain

sentoffagain
  • Twitter
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

I  can  see  both  sides  of  the  argument ,but  lets  not  turn  against  teams  using  DR .over  the  last  few  seasons the  championship  has  formed  a  compact  group of  teams,players  and  supporters making a  division  with  probably  more  competitive  matches   than  super  league.mutch  more  true  to  grass  roots  rugby than  our  so  called superiors.if championship  players   wish  to  play  at  super  league  level they  will have  to  raise  their  game and  perform at  a higher  level when  playing  against  DR opponents.fitness  determination  and  good  team  spirit  go  along  way  in  our  game.

#11 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

I hate the current system of duel reg where players aren't really part of the squad and simply roll up on the day of the match to play a game, taking the place of an actual team member who has been training all week.

In answer to the question "what are you supposed to do if your side isn't good enough to avoid relegation?" the answer is very simple you get relegated and spend at least one year in a lower league.

I understand that Barrow are currently losing games to sides and the only difference is the other sides duel reg players, but I for one am not happy with us going down the duel reg route and you won't find me supporting it.

Good luck to Featherstone this season you have earned your place on SL2 next year doing it the right way.

Regards Penno

Penno, may I doff my (flat) cap to you. You've hit the nail squarely on the head for me. Your post sums up what I currently think about DR & what I hope I would have thought had it existed a few years back when fev were relegated & hope I will think if it still exists next time we find ourselves in that position.

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Dual reg is for losers - point me in the direction of one club where it's led to success on the field.

This is nonsense about using DR to stay up, isn't it ?  If Barrow stay up, some other team using DR will go down.  How did it help them ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#13 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

The only thing about Dual Reg that p###'s me off is the Super league want the championship to take their players
but they didn't want championship teams in the Super league

Edited by old big red, 11 April 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#14 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

I really dont like the DR system. I wonder how many palyers from Champ 1 are not getting a game due to this stupid system. Maybe they are not Championship level but go well in the Champ 1. Do they deserve to get shown the door for a fringe SL palyer.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#15 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

I just despise the format. Hate the fact that 4 league trophies on trott means nothing, this year we could be relegated it is just one massive plot this whole format set up. We should be automatically safe for SL2.

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

I really dont like the DR system. I wonder how many players from Champ 1 are not getting a game due to this stupid system. Maybe they are not Championship level but go well in the Champ 1. Do they deserve to get shown the door for a fringe SL player.

Somebody's always going to be left out.  Clubs can only play 17 players every week.  It's up to the coach who plays.

#17 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Dual reg exists to save SL clubs money. They haven't a reserve team therefore they ship out people who are recovering from injury or who they want to retain but can't get a regular place. Championship clubs take them on for the reasons stated. It is not going to go away. I suggest that the RL pass a rule that only 2 players are allowed as dual reg. This would then help the Championship clubs and the SL club but not put too much pressure on the teams playing clubs with dual reg players. To have almost half a team as dual reg is not on. Of course the SL clubs could bring back reserve teams, but can you see that happening? We used to train lads until they were ready for first team football a lot of them are being lost to RL through this silly rule. I honestly think it was better when we had one league and all Yorkshire clubs played each other home and away as did the Lancashire clubs plus 4 games home and away against the other county (Lancs in our case) teams who were equivalent to you in the league placings. A fair distrbution of funds and an end to all this squabbling.

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Dual reg exists to save SL clubs money. They haven't a reserve team therefore they ship out people who are recovering from injury or who they want to retain but can't get a regular place. Championship clubs take them on for the reasons stated. It is not going to go away. I suggest that the RL pass a rule that only 2 players are allowed as dual reg. This would then help the Championship clubs and the SL club but not put too much pressure on the teams playing clubs with dual reg players. To have almost half a team as dual reg is not on. Of course the SL clubs could bring back reserve teams, but can you see that happening? We used to train lads until they were ready for first team football a lot of them are being lost to RL through this silly rule. I honestly think it was better when we had one league and all Yorkshire clubs played each other home and away as did the Lancashire clubs plus 4 games home and away against the other county (Lancs in our case) teams who were equivalent to you in the league placings. A fair distrbution of funds and an end to all this squabbling.

Six cross-county games.  Just saying ....

#19 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

Somebody's always going to be left out.  Clubs can only play 17 players every week.  It's up to the coach who plays.

Yes, but those that get left out under this system are ones that have committed themselves to the club, possibly when they've had offers elsewhere. Tommy Haughey's article in the YEP a while ago made it clear that it has a big effect on squad morale, with team spirit/bonding being knocked for 6 when outsiders were brought in, usually at short notice, to replace players who had performed well in the previous game.

And the coach of which team are you referring to?

#20 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

BBC SPORT

Barrow Raiders have entered a dual rag partnership with salford red devils
Raiders will be able to field red players in their remaining championship
Games under the terms of the agreement to avoid relegation

this is my last post

Edited by old big red, 12 April 2014 - 06:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users