Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rams on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Seems like it may be difficult to stitch a team together for sunday with a few injuries and unavailabilties. Shame young Atkin can't carry on where he left off last week. Thought Halliwell had his best game for us at centre and Watkins showed a glimpse of what he could be.
What I do know is that if they can all play with injuries like Titch did then we'd murder Leeds!

Any ideas?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#2 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

As Tony Smith picked your team yet for Sunday?

#3 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

Don't you mean "Has" ? Tricky long word I suppose.

#4 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

As Tony Smith picked your team yet for Sunday?

Is the h not working on your keyboard?

But in answer to your question...............................................

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#5 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Ok then,HAS Tony Smith picked the team for Sunday?Because you didn't answer my question

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Real big test Sunday
Always a tough game against Dews who's fans in general are some of the best....unlike the idiot above.
Lets hope Penny is back.
Pity we are missing our young student RL half back...I guess we'll be relying on our multitude of other players signed from the amateur ranks....Watkins Brown Hawkyard Johnson etc....probably more than most teams in the championship. I wonder if Mr Fish face has a view on that?

Edited by mark richardson, 10 April 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#7 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Ok then,HAS Tony Smith picked the team for Sunday?Because you didn't answer my question

Why would an ex scrum-half who played for Cas, Pies, and Great Britain be interested in selecting our 17 for the game against Dews? ;)

Joking apart, the question has been asked sarcastically so many times, it's become a total yawn!

When you've something positive (and novel) to post, please feel free to return to this thread!

You coming Sunday?

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#8 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

To be quite honest I just don't like duel reg,I think it benefits super league clubs more than our own,it causes unrest amongst the players that are getting dropped for these players that are coming in,just my opinion! And yes I will be there Sunday,look forward to it may the best team win

#9 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Dwyer,Evans and Currie all included in Wire 19 man squad to face Hull KR so we may be limited as regards dual reg

#10 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

To be quite honest I just don't like duel reg,I think it benefits super league clubs more than our own,it causes unrest amongst the players that are getting dropped for these players that are coming in,just my opinion! And yes I will be there Sunday,look forward to it may the best team win

Its a means to an end for Swinton. Its been done to death and everyone is at it
Have you got an opinion on our impressive signings from the amateur clubs like Underbank and Queens?

#11 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

I post a serious question and I get comedy gold!

#12 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

I think Ian will play as many of last weeks team as he can.  Barlow & Bowman could be back and Daddy Thomas so thats a good start.   Penny will possibly be in as we only have Joe Worthington and Ben Warrilow for the wing positions and no back up.

There are some big names not in the wire 19 tonight so only time will tell.   Think it will be a great game though and the Rams put up a good show for an hour against Wigan before they went into fifth gear.

#13 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

I agree with you about DR Graham (and for that matter any unwarranted loans) BUT we signed the entire available Bulls team on DR at the beginning of the season (none of whom have been or are likely to be used) and then recruited a squad large enough to field two teams - some of whom haven't  had a sniff of a game -  and yet here we are, still signing the odd loan player. The bottom line is that in this crucial season, every coach will do what it takes to ensure survival - and I'm afraid that includes us. Taking the moral high ground is brilliant if you are not one of those staring down the barrel, but I wonder where we might have ended up last year without Adam O'Brien's huge early season contributions.

#14 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Seems Barrow are now in with our nearest and dearest :kissing:

http://www.totalrl.c...-barrow-raiders

What happens if Koukash takes over in the summer , will it be dual, dual registration as he promised us some of their players :focus:

Edited by Shizonamy, 11 April 2014 - 09:21 AM.

"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

I agree with you about DR Graham (and for that matter any unwarranted loans) BUT we signed the entire available Bulls team on DR at the beginning of the season (none of whom have been or are likely to be used) and then recruited a squad large enough to field two teams - some of whom haven't had a sniff of a game - and yet here we are, still signing the odd loan player. The bottom line is that in this crucial season, every coach will do what it takes to ensure survival - and I'm afraid that includes us. Taking the moral high ground is brilliant if you are not one of those staring down the barrel, but I wonder where we might have ended up last year without Adam O'Brien's huge early season contributions.

Well said!

#16 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

What happens if Koukash takes over in the summer , will it be dual, dual registration as he promised us some of their players :focus:

A) How unfair on the numerous loan deals already struck by Barrow! :rtfm:  

B) Loans is the new DR - I am sure that, if Koukash did take over Swinton, in the next few months then we could "loan" the cream of the Salford unused (and the likes of Rangi Chase) and secure our championship survival. Barrow could then take the residual players on DR (as we do with Warrington presently). And when we play each other, Koukash could make no DR available so they forfeit the game - Hooray :tongue:.

But then why would we care, we would be loaning players (acceptable) rather than DR (heinous crime against humanity) and Barrow would be getting their just reward.

(Of course I do not agree with any of the opinions I hold, unless I am right or change my mind).

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#17 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

A) How unfair on the numerous loan deals already struck by Barrow! :rtfm:  

B) Loans is the new DR - I am sure that, if Koukash did take over Swinton, in the next few months then we could "loan" the cream of the Salford unused (and the likes of Rangi Chase) and secure our championship survival. Barrow could then take the residual players on DR (as we do with Warrington presently). And when we play each other, Koukash could make no DR available so they forfeit the game - Hooray :tongue:.

But then why would we care, we would be loaning players (acceptable) rather than DR (heinous crime against humanity) and Barrow would be getting their just reward.

(Of course I do not agree with any of the opinions I hold, unless I am right or change my mind).

Hilarious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users