Photo
- - - - -

11/04/14 - Wigan Warriors v London Broncos KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. London Broncos (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

Discuss the game here:

11/04/14 - Wigan Warriors v London Broncos KO 8pm

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

:hang:

#3 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Pass
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#4 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

There will be two team talks here - Shaun Wane will be talking about standards increasing their points difference and nilling the Broncos. Tony Rea about performance and by performance I mean playing out the set of six, making Wigan attack from deep and no stupid penalties on the fourth / fifth tackle. On the face of it it's Chelsea v Dagenham and Redbridge, but on the field its XIII plays XIII and that 's the way to approach the game.

Having achieved the scalp of Gus Mackay, it would appear there is now a clamour for Tony Rea's head. I have still to see a cogent plan for his successor anywhere though, nor any explanation offered for how a change in coach would lead to a magical transformation in a squad of players who are simply either not ready or not good enough for the League they are playing in.

The RFL should not have sanctioned the club playing in Super League this year knowing full well the problems on the field and off it. Yet here we are and it is what it is, and let me tell you that next to Steve Magee, Tony Rea has more claim to the title "Mr London Broncos" than most and if Tony felt that by stepping aside as Head Coach he would be helping the club he would do so in an instant. It would not help the club as things stand and there is no alternative but to plug on. What the side cannot do is pack up for if this happens then there is no further point in London's existence.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#5 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

one of the most unappetizing games of the season,thank god Sky aint covering it

#6 Grollo

Grollo
  • Banned
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

one of the most unappetizing games of the season,thank god Sky aint covering it

Agreed. I can't wait.

Who said the SL was up to NRL standard?

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

#7 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

Meh, disappointing to lose after getting to a 10-nil start, the game changer conceding three tries just before HT. Even more disappointing when a certain man from Gravesend who shall not be named scores twice and Sarginson also gets two. Oh well, pleased for Mike McM to get another and Macani getting a try, biggest shock of the night being Jamie O'C getting a try! Hopefully we can improve on this against Catalans next week, but knowing this season so far, we'll probably end up conceding 50. 

#8 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

And how did it turn out, heard Wigan were struggling?

#9 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

And how did it turn out, heard Wigan were struggling?

36-14 in the end. It was 26-14 with ten left, so they got two late scores to make it look more one sided. 

#10 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

The RFL should not have sanctioned the club playing in Super League this year knowing full well the problems on the field and off it. Yet here we are and it is what it is, and let me tell you that next to Steve Magee, Tony Rea has more claim to the title "Mr London Broncos" than most and if Tony felt that by stepping aside as Head Coach he would be helping the club he would do so in an instant. It would not help the club as things stand and there is no alternative but to plug on. What the side cannot do is pack up for if this happens then there is no further point in London's existence.

There was this thing called a 3-year licence. Broncos had a year to run. It would hardly be a 3-year licence if the RFL could revoke it.

#11 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

think Wigan will end Saints unbeaten run on GF
Wigan have had Dewsbury and London,St.Helens have had Huddersfield and Classy Cas and fluked them

#12 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

think Wigan will end Saints unbeaten run on GF
Wigan have had Dewsbury and London,St.Helens have had Huddersfield and Classy Cas and fluked them

When you said GF, I assumed you meant Grand Final!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#13 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:11 AM

London seem to be getting there. The main issue now seems to be conceding lots of points towards the back end of each half. Hopefully they're not too far off a win

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#14 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

When you said GF, I assumed you meant Grand Final!

No Good Friday

#15 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

Tweet from Ian Ramsdale

@ianramsdale: Seven of ten tries coming from London-products tonight shows London development can benefit Super League. #rlds #SLWigLon
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#16 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

There was this thing called a 3-year licence. Broncos had a year to run. It would hardly be a 3-year licence if the RFL could revoke it.

And as I understood it Licences could be revoked. If not, then why the angst over Bradford's first journey into administration (or was that all just to wind Bulls fans up). Licencing failed because clubs like London, Wakefield, Bradford and Salford were all allowed to either go bankrupt or decay at the foot of the table year after year withoiut sanction. In hindsight it's hard not to diagree with Andy Wilson on backchat that London's place in Super League should have been addressed two years ago.

Still I welcome your damascene conversion in favour of as London presence in Super League. ;)

From what I understand of the game, London had a dig at the DW and some late tries blew out the scoreline. I am sure that Tony Rea can draw some positives out of this performance and I am confident that something can be achieved this coming Thursday.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#17 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Looks to me like decent Championship team playing a SL side taking it nice and steady with the tricky Easter programme coming up.

#18 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Looks to me like decent Championship team playing a SL side taking it nice and steady with the tricky Easter programme coming up.

This is probably about right but it gives me more hope that thursday`s 4 hour round trip will be more than worth my while.

#19 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

What with louis mccarthy scarsbrook, omari caro and 7 of 10 tries in the Wigan game coming from London recruits it looks like the London area is really contributing to breaking the M62 constraints the game operates within. How many other "London" players are there out there this weekend?

And with Kevin Larroyer starring for HKR and Jamil Fakir at Bradford Catalans offer more than a great weekend away trip.

#20 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

And as I understood it Licences could be revoked. If not, then why the angst over Bradford's first journey into administration (or was that all just to wind Bulls fans up). Licencing failed because clubs like London, Wakefield, Bradford and Salford were all allowed to either go bankrupt or decay at the foot of the table year after year withoiut sanction. In hindsight it's hard not to diagree with Andy Wilson on backchat that London's place in Super League should have been addressed two years ago.

Still I welcome your damascene conversion in favour of as London presence in Super League. ;)

From what I understand of the game, London had a dig at the DW and some late tries blew out the scoreline. I am sure that Tony Rea can draw some positives out of this performance and I am confident that something can be achieved this coming Thursday.

If the RFL said a 3-year licence then a three-year licence is what they should have. And yes while there are probably some situations that might have led to a loss of licence, I can't see how any of them applied. Bradford may have gone into administration but London didn't. They may have been sh*t but that's not a reason for revoking a licence.

edit: I've never been against a SL side in London. I'm certainly against bankrupting the sport in an attempt to keep them afloat.

Edited by Northern Sol, 12 April 2014 - 10:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users