Cooke: ''It will be a real test''

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Doncaster head coach Paul Cooke spoke to the official website ahead of tomorrow’s clash with North Wales Crusaders at the Keepmoat Stadium.

The Dons could rise to second place in the Kingstone Press Championship, should Cooke’s side record victory.

Crusaders got the better of Doncaster in a pre-season match back in February and the Dons boss believes the away side will come to the Keepmoat expecting to win, despite last week’s heavy defeat in the Challenge Cup against Featherstone. 

"North Wales will be confident coming here on Sunday, I know Clive Griffiths left some players out against Featherstone who were 50/50 and I think they got what they expected, by being beaten. 

"It was probably not the score-line they wanted by conceding so many, but it was damage limitation for them last week and they will be far better and dangerous coming here.”

Crusaders come into the match, with a similar injury situation to the Dons with a list of absentees.

The Dons boss expects the dual registration system to come in handy, to give his side a helping hand.

“We need help this week against Crusaders and we will get that.

“I have spoken to Lee Radford at Hull and re-enforcements will be available.

“Crusaders are doing it tough with regards to injuries themselves, so it will be a real test for both sides, my boys are just looking out there and righting a few wrongs from our last two matches.”

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users