Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tonights NW Evening Mail

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

I always look forward to Saturdays Evening Mail to get all the info and gossip on Sundays upcoming match.

Tonight's edition was very sparse on info. No Liam Harrison column 'From the Bull Pen' just a few lines on James Nixon's return.

What's going on, are we playing our cards very close to our chests so as not to give Fev any inkling what we are up to?

Let the rumours, speculation and guessing begin........

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#2 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

There is a "Rumor" (I don't actually know for a fact) that Bobbie has had a fallout with the EM. If anyone can confirm or kill this rumor please feel free

Edited by Plan of Attack, 12 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#3 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

I heard this from a very good source kev, players banned from speaking too.
Posted Image

#4 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

Well that would explain why there was no column from Bull then

#5 JLandsman

JLandsman
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

Very poor from the Mail. Even if the club are not speaking to them they should have enough resources to put together a decent match preview. Whilst the club needs the Mail for publicity, the Mail needs the rugby to help fill its pages and sell papers. You only need to look at the amount of filler from the rest of Cumbria they use to pad out its website. I can't help feeling that CN Media have a hidden agenda to incorporate the Mail into one of its other titles.

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

the mail is bloody ###### anyway

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

This would proberbly explain why there was no updates from Paul Turner on twitter, seems a bit childish.

#8 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

Petty from all concerned :(

#9 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

You'd have thought that the coach's job would be to select and coach the team?

If Bobbie Goulding doesn't want to talk to the press, that's his prerogative, but relations between the CLUB and the press should be handled by the Media and Marketing arm of the club. I can't imagine this making Murph's job easy!

Someone needs to knock some heads together. Anything that generates bad PR is bad for the club.

#10 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

How ironic that before them game yesterday the Mail was announced as one of the sponsors.
If that's the case then the club should be working with them.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#11 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

I have no idea about the dispute between the Mail and the Club but as far as I am concerned there was a very big improvement in match report which this week was written by Peter Wilson. Incidentally Howarth from Salford was picked as MOM.

Posted Image

#12 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

I don't know who started this row, but as usual the main ones suffering, are the mail readers, and the rugby fans, what I would say to both organisations is "GET IT SORTED", one of these days people will say enough is enough, and you will both lose out.

#13 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

I agree this needs sorting asap, not a single word about the rugby in tonight's mail.

Edited by richie keay, 15 April 2014 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image