Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Well what can you say, absolute gash,, should of played the under 20s, they would of performed better.
And if people think I'm going to pay to go to Gateshead and watch a performance like that, then you've got to be joking.
The only upside of the day was we didn't have to play blo.dy heads and tails in the bar before the game.
Enough said.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

What!! I've had to look at the result....we got beaten by an expansion team, at home ?
To think I nearly never went to Anfield in favour of watching the Knights today....I'm sorry (now glad) I wasn't there and it's hard judging a side just by the result but we must have been terrible.
Two steps forward...three back.
Why are we playing duel reg players over our own ? I just don't get it...sorry.

Edited by Andy Knight, 13 April 2014 - 04:42 PM.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

Referee baffled me numerous times. Twice gave Oxford a 20m restart when we knocked on in the field of play!? 10m scrum surely not? But I shouldn't have to be complaining about it, we shouldn't have knocked on. Was like watching the York of last year, would rather spend my train fare on something more worthwhile, like a sandwich or something.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#4 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Very impressed with Oxford today.Sean Morris is class.Oxford looked good with ball in hand and defended well all afternoon.Fully deserved there win.Apart from 1 or 2,they were better than us all over the park.We were truely shocking.Mistake after mistake after mistake.Nathan freer summed the hole knights performance up for me when we were pressing towards the end of the game.Desperate to get the winning score and he decides on the second tackle to pass out of the back of his hand and surprise surprise we knock on.We just didn't build any pressure all game.Our completion rate must have been horrendous.Just hope that is the kick up the backside the players need to realise no team is to be taken lightly this season.Seriously need to make amends on Friday and get back on track.Not sure the wholesale changes helped the cause today.

Posted Image

#5 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

I didn't see this result today but we have found out to our cost in the past that the so called expansion teams are very competitive, the championship one league is a small but very competitive league this year.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#6 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

A poor performance today.Aldous the only player to come out with any credit.Perhaps York thought they only had to turn up today to get a result.Well done to Oxford for a great victory,thought your fullback Sean Morris was head and shoulders above anyone on the park today.Not using this as an excuse but the ref today was dire,even to the extent of changing the rules.

#7 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Awful.

#8 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

What happened to you guys today. I was very impressed by you last week when you played us here at Swinton .  I have you and Hunslet  as my promotion faves.

We took Dewsbury out today !

Riggy

Swinton

#9 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Good result for you lads, Riggy but we deserved nothing today - not strictly true, four or five lads played very well but Oxford were the better side and, as a team, we looked flat, tired, disinterested and played without passion. Shocking really after what has gone before this season...

Edited by andyacko, 13 April 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#10 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Agree with all of that - GT spot on with his comments about our players showing a complete lack of respect to Oxford & we got exactly what we deserved.

Jack Aldous, Jack Lee & possibly Jack Iley all went pretty well, but that was about it.

No panic from me though, every team has complete off days & this was ours, hope we use it as a kick up the backside & that it dispels any future over confidence when playing in this league.

#11 arnold1984

arnold1984
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

I'm not actually lying when I say I think a pub team would have beaten us today!! Totally agree with the comment above about Duel Reg players, I don't agree with it at all. That prop from Cas didn't look interested, he literally jogged the ball in every tackle. Time they scrapped that and just played our own (York) players. Yes the ref was bad but that is no excuse for losing against Oxford. I believe the RAF team the under 20's had to play on Thursday were far better than Oxford. Time to drop a few of the pre-madonnas and start playing some of the younger lads who actually have heart and fight in them when they go on the pitch.

#12 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

We had greg eden at fullback v oldham and stil lost he played well though and he playing tonight against york i agree some duel reg players just dont want to get injured and dont give 100percent.

#13 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

Agree with GT - could have been 20 points up very early on if we had taken our chances last week & the result would have taken care of itself

Edited by shades2, 18 April 2014 - 07:14 AM.