Today's game.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Congratulations again to IT and the lads after another win at home.

M.O.T.M. Wayne English was superb in every aspect of play, he seems to be getting younger!!  The rest of the lads were also excellent, there was the odd mistake etc but in the second half when Haven had some long passages of possession our defence was flawless.  On the whole it was an exciting game and never looked like being a big score for either team and there you have it our defence won the day for me!!

We're off the bottom and other clubs are now within reach.  Keep it up lads.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Well done Hornets, the team are doing the business against their peer group and you cannot ask for much more.  Can anyone say how Wheeler played and did he look in good shape.

#3 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Well done Hornets, the team are doing the business against their peer group and you cannot ask for much more. Can anyone say how Wheeler played and did he look in good shape.

He didn't get much ball to be honest. Quiet game really. He was playing in the centre.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 13 April 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#4 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

Well done Hornets, the team are doing the business against their peer group and you cannot ask for much more.  Can anyone say how Wheeler played and did he look in good shape.

Solid but not spectacular from Wheeler. As TS says, pretty quiet game from him.

Does anyone know who the big #18 was for Whitehaven? He had a beard and bushy hair with a ponytail. Missed the lineups at the start and didn't recognise him. He's Jordan Burns according to wikipedia but it also says he's a centre which seems unlikely considering the size of him. Hopefully I'm not misremembering the squad number.

#5 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

I am guessing it would be Samir taharoui from the description alone. Was with swinton last year and signed on for whitehaven this season

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#6 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

I am guessing it would be Samir taharoui from the description alone. Was with swinton last year and signed on for whitehaven this season

Just got League Express and I think you are right. It was #8 Samir Tahrouai. There was a number 18 playing but he didn't come off the bench and the one I was wondering about definitely did.

Cheers

#7 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

I must admit I was a little nervous when I saw the team sheet with a fair few changes and dual reg brought in, although can understand as need must, we were carrying a few knocks.

A solid if unspectacular performance, we have found the level now without doubt and put in some gritty defence. id go as far as saying I belive we had the measure of Haven throughout but just coudnt pull far enough away to relax.

Well done Hornets, some more of the same at home for the rest of the season and bonus points away will give us a bit of a chance.

Wayne was top draw all afternoon both in attack and defence, angry Langley was at his busy best and we are starting to look a bit creative at half back.

Sat next to new signing, winger Shaun Robinson who cant get in at Dewsbury, after the last couple of weeks im not sure he will get in for us either, although it would be great to release young Lewis from the wing to allow him to do what he does best in and around the ruck area.

Edited by ormskirknet, 14 April 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#8 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

I think the new lad may get a game before too long. Gaz Langley got a knee in the ribs scoring the first try in the corner, he's going to be doubtful for Friday. That's the second time this season we've had a player " done " in this fashion. Sean Casey got the same treatment a couple of games ago. Funnily enough in both incidents the officials never saw a thing.

Casey was passing blood after his duffing up.

All in all a gritty performance. As Toll said recently we've had good performances without the results. Yesterday was the other way around. Wayne was outstanding at full back in spite of playing with an injury and Ryan Millard looked lively at half back. That try will do his confidence a world of good. One thing about this team, they keep plugging away even when things aren't going right.

We got out of jail when 'haven spurned a couple of good chances. One when the ball carrier opted to pass the ball forward when it looked as though all he had to do was keep running to score.

#9 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

18 was thariou 

#10 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Great to hear that our defence is getting to the level needed at any level, but especially in the Championship. We need it to be it very sound in Wales and strive for min. bonus point all of which will be crucial come the shake out.  Sorry to hear of the injury to Langley and especially how it was caused.  It's time to outlaw the use of sliding knees into a player crossing for tries - it is being seen time and again in both rugby codes and someone is going to be very badly injured.   Amazing how officials manage to spot minor infringements, usually distant from the incident!

#11 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

Hope we go all out for a win on Friday. Nice big pitch to throw the ball about.Need to watch Jonno and his offloads.Dallimore and Middlehurst had a field day off him last year.

We are going there off a win, so keep it going boys!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users