• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

A weird one today for me

At times we looked a class above, but at other times we looked rank - we succesfully caught 1/3 first half kick offs and thought all their tries were early christmas gifts from ourselves, especially the last Barrow try which was appalling play - weirdly the whole lot came down the side Sharp and Mendeika played

The wind ultimately didnt help either side, we looked like we coped better with it than Barrow marginally but a lot better than Barrow with it behind our backs, the Ellis try was class team play

A rare off day with the boot for Moore, again not helped with the wind - felt sorry for Etu today, received very little service all game, thought we was just OK in all departments, no one really stood out for me as being outstanding though James and Ellis stood out more than others during their spells on the pitch

Still a comfortable win, bring on Keighley on good friday

Edited by elppaxr2i, 13 April 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#2 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Could not get to game, but from the above comments and press reports, a lukewarm performance

#3 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Could not get to game, but from the above comments and press reports, a lukewarm performance

depends who you listen to. we scored 8 tries, more than anyone else in our league. you pays your money and you takes your choice.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#4 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

They won both halves, the second quite comfortably, but in the first half the strong wind gave Barrow a massive advantage. Rovers couldn't kick to relieve pressure and had to play their way upfield. Goal kicks against the wind were a waste of time, and on a normal day the half-time score could  easily have been 18 rather than 12. All Rovers'  8 tries were well created with expert craft, but they did concede a couple of long range give-aways.

With the departure of Finn, Andy Kain has re-discovered his creative edge and short kicking game. He and Gareth Moore work well in tandem, and if they both remain fit I can't see us losing many more games this season. With Briggs, Ellis and Flanagan also creating chances the opposition will have more than one play maker to concentrate on when the big knock-out games come around.  

#5 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

They won both halves, the second quite comfortably, but in the first half the strong wind gave Barrow a massive advantage. Rovers couldn't kick to relieve pressure and had to play their way upfield. Goal kicks against the wind were a waste of time, and on a normal day the half-time score could  easily have been 18 rather than 12. All Rovers'  8 tries were well created with expert craft, but they did concede a couple of long range give-aways.
With the departure of Finn, Andy Kain has re-discovered his creative edge and short kicking game. He and Gareth Moore work well in tandem, and if they both remain fit I can't see us losing many more games this season. With Briggs, Ellis and Flanagan also creating chances the opposition will have more than one play maker to concentrate on when the big knock-out games come around.

totally aree. Apart from a couple of lucky breaks and a missed tackle we completely dominated the whole game and never looked anything other than easy winners. If the people there could not see what effect the wind had on the first half then it's time to stop watching and go and watch cas they would be well suited.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#6 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

If we beat st helens , some of our fans would still look upon it as a luke warm performance

#7 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

Strong / blustery wind is the most difficult element to play in.

#8 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

If we beat st helens , some of our fans would still look upon it as a luke warm performance

We have not got the go forward and sparkle that we had last season. No matter how deep my support for Fev, I cannot compare this seasons performances  to the last year. I am only saying it as I see it. Hopefully will be back to normal as the year progresses.

#9 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

We have not got the go forward and sparkle that we had last season. No matter how deep my support for Fev, I cannot compare this seasons performances  to the last year. I am only saying it as I see it. Hopefully will be back to normal as the year progresses. Still maintain that we require someone to lead us around the park

#10 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

We have not got the go forward and sparkle that we had last season. No matter how deep my support for Fev, I cannot compare this seasons performances  to the last year. I am only saying it as I see it. Hopefully will be back to normal as the year progresses. Still maintain that we require someone to lead us around the park

Edited by saddleworth, 15 April 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#11 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

We have not got the go forward and sparkle that we had last season. No matter how deep my support for Fev, I cannot compare this seasons performances  to the last year. I am only saying it as I see it. Hopefully will be back to normal as the year progresses.

We'll have a much better idea after the next 4 games.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discuss the game here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users