Good Friday Hunslet Hawks v Oldham Roughyeds

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

I thought Oldham played well for long periods of the game. But some crucial errors and some strange decisions by players and officials were the difference. Hats off to the Hawks though, they stayed in the arm wrestle and took their opportunities well. 1-0 to the Hawks.  ;)

#22 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

HUNSLETv  OLDHAM--   programme on e-bay.

#23 Antisuperleague

Antisuperleague
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Very disappointed with the game plan. There was only one team playing expansive rugby and that wasn't Oldham. Watching the game I felt we had gone back to the Benson days ie. one man rugby or turning the ball back inside. I feel sorry for whoever plays at centre because Palfrey has no confidence in them to spread the ball wide.

Sadly, on the evidence of this match and the Stags match we are destined for an average season and life in the dump division for next season.

We are not good enough and lack some old heads with experience, but they cost more than we can afford so we will have to rely on kids.

I'll still be there as I have for the past 52 years and live in hope

#24 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

We never gave up and did our best as a team.With a group of young lads and good coaches we are playing as best as we can.Didnt quite dominate the middle of the park in the end and more experience would be good but is expensive. The RFL is making such a mess of the league structure we just have to persevere - something sadly we have become experts in. Over all though our lads give very good value for money compared to other sports.

One for all and all for the one

#25 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

Superdude ignore him we are. see you all at your place for round two and few beers feet might be a bit soar as some of us are walking sponsered

#26 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

Some posts deleted. Please keep it civil.

Edited by Bedford Roughyed, 21 April 2014 - 12:29 PM.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users