• 516 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

Hmmm. This will upset a few people.

#3 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,063 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Well, the old saying is that if you don't ask, you don't get.  It's really a no-lose situation for them if they appeal.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

To be honest, I think the points deduction should have been wiped out once they went back into admin (they never really came out of it) and a new points deduction given based on the new owner's purchasing terms

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

To be honest, I think the points deduction should have been wiped out once they went back into admin (they never really came out of it) and a new points deduction given based on the new owner's purchasing terms

That would have been the most logical thing, you'd think. Still expecting the full 6 though.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#6 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

The most logical thing would actually have been to not impose the penalty until the ownership was sorted out, but hey ho...

Let's hope they don't prevaricate too much since, if they leave it until late into the season, the decision gets too bound up with the relegation situation, and I can hear the squeals from Wakefield already if the ruling then puts Wakey down and leaves us in SL.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

The most logical thing would actually have been to not impose the penalty until the ownership was sorted out, but hey ho...

Let's hope they don't prevaricate too much since, if they leave it until late into the season, the decision gets too bound up with the relegation situation, and I can hear the squeals from Wakefield already if the ruling then puts Wakey down and leaves us in SL.

I imagine they thought it was sorted out!

Either way, yes, it needs sorting out soon. I don't expect BB to get all the points back, I'd expect it to drop to 4 (depending on how much is being paid back to creditors)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#8 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

Interesting to note that coming from the local Bulls reporter that the final decision on this isn’t actually being made by the RFL, but an independent panel. They can choose to keep the current punishment, reduce it or deem that no punishment was necessary at all (!) and the RFL must accept the ruling whatever that may be. Although the club seem to be arguing the toss that administration was “unavoidable” rather than the paying creditors argument. I don’t think the current lot are paying any more creditors back than the last lot planned to – they had said they would pay everyone back except Mr. Khan. Has the new chairman indicated OK would get anything back?

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#9 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,063 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

I imagine they thought it was sorted out!

Either way, yes, it needs sorting out soon. I don't expect BB to get all the points back, I'd expect it to drop to 4 (depending on how much is being paid back to creditors)

That'd be the fairest way.  If everyone gets a 100% payback then I see no reason why they can't get all points back.  If no-one gets anything then they should keep the entire points loss.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#10 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

That'd be the fairest way.  If everyone gets a 100% payback then I see no reason why they can't get all points back.  If no-one gets anything then they should keep the entire points loss.

Do the rules allow for the points to be reinstated if creditors are repaid or is it not that clear cut?

28m391z.jpg

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,650 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

Bradford is not the first club to go bust. It is a problem for the whole of Superleague. Therefore, the points loss should be shared by all the clubs.

;) :tongue:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

I suggest the grounds for appeal, and the fact that those grounds have been accepted by the RFL who (presumably with the club) have agreed to be bound by the outcome, is much the most significant aspect of this announcement?

#13 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Its bad enough going in to administration, but the worst thing is the way the club lied and used deceit to cover things up etc and people more prepared to point the blame at others, instead of sorting the real problems out. For me the 6 point deduction should stay and the same goes for any other club that goes in to administration and especially if it was to go like the Bulls saga. Clubs should be prepared to face a harsh penalty for being run so badly. And will the people who donated money get their money back? Its a disgrace that former players gave up medals to sell off and fans gave much money to a club that was being run in such a way. Maybe some former people should face a ban from RUgby League like Des Johnson received. 

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Its bad enough going in to administration, but the worst thing is the way the club lied and used deceit to cover things up etc and people more prepared to point the blame at others, instead of sorting the real problems out. For me the 6 point deduction should stay and the same goes for any other club that goes in to administration and especially if it was to go like the Bulls saga. Clubs should be prepared to face a harsh penalty for being run so badly. And will the people who donated money get their money back? Its a disgrace that former players gave up medals to sell off and fans gave much money to a club that was being run in such a way. Maybe some former people should face a ban from RUgby League like Des Johnson received. 

That was sooooo 2012 - the first administration - and the 6 points stuck; get with the times maaaaan!

I don't expect much, 2 at best, but it's certainly an interesting story and I doubt the why's and wherefore's of this appeal will come out. Too much legal mumbo jumbo I reckon.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

And will the people who donated money get their money back? Its a disgrace that former players gave up medals to sell off and fans gave much money to a club that was being run in such a way. Maybe some former people should face a ban from RUgby League like Des Johnson received. 

More people who were actually responsible should be held accountable - I agree - and it's a cliche, but it's true that the people who suffer usually have the least to do with it all (fans, players etc) rather than the people who get them into that mess.

Having said that the club has already been punished for that period where fans/players donated two years ago (three "owners" ago...!), you can't keep punishing them for that. I agree that there has been almost zero 'justice' in that regard, but what happened with the admin recently is a seperate issue to be fair.

SQL Honours

#16 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

should be increased to 12 points serial offenders..............

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#17 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

I don't expect much, 2 at best, but it's certainly an interesting story and I doubt the why's and wherefore's of this appeal will come out. Too much legal mumbo jumbo I reckon.

Do the Bulls have cash lying around to pay for a top legal team to challenge this (genuine question as I can see this costing them money they don't exactly have in abundance)?

28m391z.jpg

#18 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Do the Bulls have cash lying around to pay for a top legal team to challenge this (genuine question as I can see this costing them money they don't exactly have in abundance)?

A legal challenge would cost many thousands, relegation could cost many millions.

I suppose the question is what's the odds on success with a legal challenge vs what's the odds on relegation without it.

#19 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,650 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:06 AM

Relegation is between us and Wakefield. Both will be targetting games against each other, London, Widnes, Cats, Hull KR, Hull and Salford.

Can we do it? Probably not unless we get two points back.

Will we get two points back? I think we may.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#20 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

I think Bradford may get a couple of points back which will make the relegation battle more intruiging. However it needs to be sorted ASAP. From a London point of view it might actually help the cause by having Bradford fighting too so they take points off the likes of Wakey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users