Bradford Appeal..

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

Actually six points is only precedent for going into admin and not paying any creditors. It can be mitigated down to zero if all creditors are paid off so new regime gets no financial benefit from the admin. Figure mentioned when glover took over wakefield iirc,was that he paid approx 30% of total debt off, basically suppliers he needed to deal with in future and ignored all the debt to hmrc. Hence a 2 point reduction in the sanction. If he'd chosen to pay a bigger % then amount of points deducted would have been less.

Actually there is no precedent for a club to have all the deducted points returned so I was correct with my first post.

#42 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

Good Lord - how does your mind work????

With lots of clarity and unfogged by the BS that trips out of people's mouths nowerdays!

#43 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

Good on him.The bulls have broken the rules and been punished.That punishment should remain.

bUT THEY WERE PUNISHED BASED ON SOMETHING THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN

(sorry for caps lock)

Edited by brooza, 17 April 2014 - 08:51 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#44 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

bUT THEY WERE PUNISHED BASED ON SOMETHING THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN

(sorry for caps lock)

Did I miss the bit where the Bulls went into administration?

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#45 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

Bulls fans live in a parallel universe. Read about it in Philip Pullman's "The Red, Amber and Black Spyglass".

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#46 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Brooza isn't a Bulls fan, although I can't confidently say some Bulls fans aren't deluded.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#47 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

What happens if a club undertakes to repay debts over 5 years, so obtaining the reduced point deduction but never repays anything. Would the RFL apply a further point deduction in 5 years time?

#48 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

The points deduction isn't just for going into administration, it's also for how you come out of it.

The point deduction they received was for coming out of administration a couple of months ago (which I'm fairly sure they didnt, or if they did it was only for a few hours). Any points deduction should be based on htem coming out with Greene as the owner.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#49 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

How disappointing.

I thought this was a thread about a new name for the club.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#50 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

I hope we stay up but, if we go down, we'll take it on the chin. That's why we are Bulls fans and not a bunch of  smalltime carpers with an agenda.

six points it is then.

#51 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

The points deduction isn't just for going into administration, it's also for how you come out of it.

The point deduction they received was for coming out of administration a couple of months ago (which I'm fairly sure they didnt, or if they did it was only for a few hours). Any points deduction should be based on htem coming out with Greene as the owner.

I beg to differ, It's my understanding that 6 points is the punishment for an insolvency event, which Administration is, there is a precedent for that being reduced to 4 points depending on how you come out of it, i.e. paying some or all of the creditors.

#52 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

I beg to differ, It's my understanding that 6 points is the punishment for an insolvency event, which Administration is, there is a precedent for that being reduced to 4 points depending on how you come out of it, i.e. paying some or all of the creditors.

...and losing [over] half your competition money fits into these 'precedents' where, exactly?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#53 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

...and losing [over] half your competition money fits into these 'precedents' where, exactly?

Into the bit where you're repaying some of the loans and wage bills made to and for you by the RFL

#54 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,356 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Into the bit where you're repaying some of the loans and wage bills made to and for you by the RFL

Which loan was this? Not the *advance* of the sky money. ...ie not a loan

#55 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Not that that old myth again. Loan from RFL was repaid in full by sale of odsal lease. Advances to cover wages during first admin were approx 360k iirc (exact amounts documented in administrators report) which were covered by remaining sky payments due to club that year anyway. Sky money deduction was totally unrelated to both issues.

Edited by matt newsholme, 20 April 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#56 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Of course, longer term, if Bradford do get let off some or all of this punishment then another club gets relegated at the end of the season with a small gap between them and Bradford, the possibilities of legal action by that club against their relegation are immense.

It should take something really exceptional (as distinct from "it's just not fair") to reverse this punishment otherwise more trouble will be forthcoming for the RFL.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#57 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

Of course, longer term, if Bradford do get let off some or all of this punishment then another club gets relegated at the end of the season with a small gap between them and Bradford, the possibilities of legal action by that club against their relegation are immense.

It should take something really exceptional (as distinct from "it's just not fair") to reverse this punishment otherwise more trouble will be forthcoming for the RFL.

If points are returned to us then the independent legal panel will have judged the the deduction of points, or number of points deducted, was unfair in the first place. Not the other way round.

If there were to be a legal challenge by say Wakefield following their relegation as a result then I'd have thought they would need to successfully prove that either our appeal through the RFL was not due process, or the outcome (assuming points deduction reduction) was an incorrect judgement based on the facts provided and within the terms of reference.

People should understand that this appeal is being heard by an independent legal panel, not big Nige and his mates down the pub. Also, it's not some made up challenge from us that the RFL are reacting to. An appeal is part of SL process and procedure.

And before someone asks, Marc Green is fiunding out of his own pocket.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#58 Vikingstorm

Vikingstorm
  • Coach
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Bradford fans should accept the deduction, as other clubs have done....they should go away and re-build in the lower division and allow better managed teams to take their place....then perhaps in two or three years they will be back, well managed and competent

[QUOTE]“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

#59 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Money taken and dished out to the other clubs is the same as paying back debts [which, incidentally didn't exist]. You couldn't make it up....oh hang on..

#60 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

Bradford fans should accept the deduction, as other clubs have done....they should go away and re-build in the lower division and allow better managed teams to take their place....then perhaps in two or three years they will be back, well managed and competent

No other club has ever had a deduction of monies due to insolvency, so maybe you could supply a list?  - every other club has had a points deduction, if anything.

The 'logic' of taking money from clubs in financial difficulties still has me scratching my head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users