Workington game today

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Tough game today,some very poor referee descions, but a wins a win,sometimes just doing the basics right keeping hold of the ball and controlling the ball is what's needed, play safe in the red zone and then move the ball in the Green zone, Workington was the better team at times today lucky for us the referee cancelled I think 3 of there tries for forward passes, we need to control the ball and understanding we can't score every time we get the ball! In the end we dug deep to to get the points well done guys.

#2 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Good post, I couldn't agree with you more, get a few points on the board and then try some flash stuff.   It reminded me of the Keystone Cops at times yesterday but its not funny when you have driven for four hours to observe a display like that.   Perhaps if we had a decent Centre who could play for more than ten minutes we might see some improvement, is he so used to the Americans showing adverts every ten minutes that is all he can manage, he surely wasn't tired, he never made a tackle.

Edited by Eagletarian, 14 April 2014 - 06:27 PM.

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#3 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for that a great effort such an awful drive 2 1/2 for me from Warrington,but not many teams will go there and have an easy ride, looking forward to the game on Sunday now hoping the boys will hit a bit of good form

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users